Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

De Vries, Hammil and Sylla

Being left out from the squad in the first game was fair enough and RK gave his reasons and said there still part of the club. You would think they would have been included in the next 2 games and taken to training, so they can show improvement and play.

MDV-we got him on a free almost, we would not get another striker like that on the cheap.

these players are being treated very badly indeed.... infact a few squad members are disgruntled at the treatment of them.

Sylla has returned from the summer in great shape, but kelly won't even speak to him

How do you know that?

2 new users I'm glad to see, Multipack and Lineker90.Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.

P.S. You aren't one of the players sidelined,in disguise? For if you sat in the stand last season and watched them you would realise they are not for our team if we are to move up the table.They're professionals and their time to prove themselves was last year. We don't wipe the slate and start again because its a new season. We need to play people totally committed to what is required of them this season,and that is what Kelly will work on. Kelly gives all that are possibilties a go,its up to this 22 to earn their spot this season.Kelly is a good man, fair but tough.

2 new users I'm glad to see, Multipack and Lineker90.Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.

P.S. You aren't one of the players sidelined,in disguise? For if you sat in the stand last season and watched them you would realise they are not for our team if we are to move up the table.They're professionals and their time to prove themselves was last year. We don't wipe the slate and start again because its a new season. We need to play people totally committed to what is required of them this season,and that is what Kelly will work on. Kelly gives all that are possibilties a go,its up to this 22 to earn their spot this season.Kelly is a good man, fair but tough.

Interesting point I did wonder if they were the players wives, sons, aunties, Mums etc.....

SAD, they are a sac de wanq and need to quit and go and play at Rushden or Somewhere similiar....

It's discrimination. Tiatto was worse than all of these last season and he's in the team. I'm all for getting rid of useless players but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. I can't see it maintaining squad morale and it does make a mockery of the time-honoured tradition of starting each season with a clean slate (imagine if Kelly had just got rid of Kisnorbo when he took over as he thought he was useless?)

It's discrimination. Tiatto was worse than all of these last season and he's in the team. I'm all for getting rid of useless players but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. I can't see it maintaining squad morale and it does make a mockery of the time-honoured tradition of starting each season with a clean slate (imagine if Kelly had just got rid of Kisnorbo when he took over as he thought he was useless?)

Tiatto was not as poor as hamill

Sylla might have returned in great shape - I don't think anyone ever questioned his physical fitness - but both he and Hammill had plenty of opportunity to make an impression last season and now those opportunities are rightly being given to others.

As for MDV I'm not convinced he fits in with very well and given that we already have four strikers and a fifth in Dodds on the fringe I really cannot see much mileage in his being around. He's not a Kelly-type player anyway. Kelly likes defending to start from the front - it does make us resilient - and mobility seems to be a must for everyone he picks.

Sylla might have returned in great shape - I don't think anyone ever questioned his physical fitness - but both he and Hammill had plenty of opportunity to make an impression last season and now those opportunities are rightly being given to others.

As for MDV I'm not convinced he fits in with very well and given that we already have four strikers and a fifth in Dodds on the fringe I really cannot see much mileage in his being around. He's not a Kelly-type player anyway. Kelly likes defending to start from the front - it does make us resilient - and mobility seems to be a must for everyone he picks.

If anything he is too light and thin.

I agree with above!!! its not the best way to treat players. If they played rubbish in training and in pre-season games then fair enough but they have not been given a chance to show how they do under RK. Kisnorbo shows what can happen if allowed a 2nd chance.

RK needs to tell us why MDV was given the 9 shirt if he has no plans to play him.

If I got as many chances on the lottery as you want for Sylla I'd probably win the lottery. He featured at least 25 last season, including many appearances where Kelly watched and even the odd one while he was manager and virtually every time he's been of no consequence.

What about other people wanting their chance, people like Low and Porter. What the hell have they done to warrant being pushed aside even longer just to accomodate someone on (presumably) biggish wages?.

I agree with above!!! its not the best way to treat players. If they played rubbish in training and in pre-season games then fair enough but they have not been given a chance to show how they do under RK. Kisnorbo shows what can happen if allowed a 2nd chance.

RK needs to tell us why MDV was given the 9 shirt if he has no plans to play him.

Maybe No 9 shirt is his going away present. And what!! Kelly and all us fans are supposed to just forget how bad they played last season, and start again. They go or I go. Thats how much I enjoyed how they played last season.

No he doesn't.

He's the manager, his job is to decide who, of our current playing staff, is the best to take the club onwards and upwards. He is responsible only to the board of directors - they, collectively, are his boss. He is not responsible to the fans, he doesn't have to tell us anything if he doesn't want to.

I live next to three players......

facts.... sylla has played champions league football.

is a product of one of the greatest youth set ups in the world.

Players to come through the ranks with him are Didier Drogba, Chimbonda, Vikash Dhorasoo.

Players like him need to be played a certain way (you have to get the best out of them by playing them to their strengths)

As i say, other players in the squad feel he should be more than involved in the team.

Didn't MO'N see something in him??

thank you for your kind welcome

i do get some info early on and will share what i am alowed to with you.

I can tell you that the Mercury on Monday was well off the mark

Players to come through the ranks with him are Didier Drogba, Chimbonda, Vikash Dhorasoo.

Players like him need to be played a certain way (you have to get the best out of them by playing them to their strengths)

As i say, other players in the squad feel he should be more than involved in the team.

Maybe,just maybe, 'one of the greatest youth setups inthe world' produces just as many chumps as champs. Not all products are good.

MON's been around a long time now and, who knows, perhaps his eyesight is not what it was!

Sylla's been here a full year. He's got a voice. If he's been snookered on the tactics, the way he's used, the wrong kick-off time, the wrong food or not playing home matches in Africa why the hell didn't he say something.

The evidence is so compelling even the Mafia lawyers couldn't get him off. He didn't score one league goal last season and when he shot I reckon even the ducks on the canal would have been nervous. His technique in front of goal looked woeful.

He didn't make many goals either - four assists I think was the final tally but it might have been five in a 46 game League season. That's all wingers are for really. Making goals, scoring goals. Anything else is a bonus and if what we did get was good value then you got a different insight into economics than I did.

I don't care about his "previous". He might have played Champions League and had some famous colleagues as a kid but it means nothing to me. I was lucky enough to play squash against two world champions and almost half the national champions of Western Europe but it didn't mean I was any good, not by any means.

If you're suggesting Sylla played better in Champions League situations and perhaps at Celtic and in the African Nations Cup then is playing well for City beneath him?. I don't think that's the case anyway. He forever flatters to deceive cos he's got some fancy tricks but in my experience they don't achieve much.

I went on the Celtic site when Sylla was signed and don't rmember anyone up there shedding tears about his departure.

You mention his strengths but I've no idea what they are. Perhaps you'd enlighten me.

And is your campaigning implying that Low and Porter are no good? And who are these other squad members so determined to pick the team cos I can't think of anyone in our squad who is so good he can spare the time to do two jobs?

Sylla shouldn't despair while Low and Porter get the chances they fully deserve. Sylla might find another club, he might defy all evidence and somehow show himself to be a brilliantly effective footballer but anyway, he's well turned out and might make a brilliant clothing model when his contract at Leicester is finally done and dusted.

Sylla's a winger. You play him on the wing. That's where he was played by both our managers last season. He can't complain we didn't play him out of position or something.

Secondly, MON did perhaps see something in him - he bought him, afterall.

Then maybe, just maybe, he realized his error - thus, Sylla only started 26 (league) matches under MON during his entire (almost 4 year) Celtic Career. That's quite impressive when there's 33 (?) games in a single SPL season. Oh and he appeared as a sub 21 times (in the league), too.

To put that into some kinda perspective, he started 24 games for Leicester this season in the league, and 4 sub appearances.

Clearly MON rated him highly - so highly in fact that he didn't mind letting him go, even though he still had a year left on his contract!

That SPELLS Quality. :whistle:

Guest Gist

I think that it is for the best that they all leave the new players that have come in and some players from the reserves like Dodds and Porter, they deserve their chance now they are more likely to make an impact on games because they have something to prove unlike Sylla, Hamill and De Vries who in my opinion are a waste of space and have had their chances.

Archived