Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
luffbra

McCarthy new captain

I imagine most people were expecting this, but Paddy McCarthy has been made captain of LCFC. I think this is a good move by Rob Kelly. I believe that Paddy is the difference between us being an average side and a good side.

We seemed to play much better when he wasn't suspended! I hope being captain will encourage him to calm it down a bit too (but not too much!!)

SEE STORY HERE

I imagine most people were expecting this, but Paddy McCarthy has been made captain of LCFC. I think this is a good move by Rob Kelly. I believe that Paddy is the difference between us being an average side and a good side.

We seemed to play much better when he wasn't suspended! I hope being captain will encourage him to calm it down a bit too (but not too much!!)

SEE STORY HERE

I agree there totally, if he calms down and less eratic then we could have a very decent centre half there.

Given our history last year with discipline this year we do need to cut that out of our game!

Let's hope he benefits from the captaincy increasing his feelings of responsibility and serves to stop him getting so many cards of one sort and another. John Terry is a committed hard case who seems to have chanelled his aggression in a way that has made him an effective but reliable, within-the-rules defender.

If that happens McCarthy will prove the perfect choice because he never looks less than 100% committed to the cause, just like Kisnorbo.

Sadly the trophy we are most likely to win in the next ten years is the LDV Vans.

It's not even called that now, isn't it something like the Football League Nonentities Trophy :P

Paddy will probably be a good captain.

But I do hope never to see him slap his own team mates during a game again :o . I found that seriously shocking last year. :blink:

And running across half a football pitch to shout at refereeing officials is also something I'd rather he did not repeat this year :P

Paddy will probably be a good captain.

But I do hope never to see him slap his own team mates during a game again :o . I found that seriously shocking last year. :blink:

And running across half a football pitch to shout at refereeing officials is also something I'd rather he did not repeat this year :P

To be fair to Paddy, he taught Richard Stearman an important lesson that day. If he wanted to remain a first team right back he couldn't afford to put his centre backs under needless pressure by messing about with the ball so close to goal. I get the feeling Stearman's a fast learner anyway but he will no doubt remember that slap everytime he picks the ball up so close to goal and use his passing ability to get out of trouble rather than trying to run himself out of situations. He probably could do the latter but it's a risky business.

The way Paddy McCarthy celebrated our first goal in that match is enough for me to think he'll be a good captain. He was as happy, if not more so than the majority of Leicester City supporters in the crowd that day. He knew what it meant to us all to beat Cov and he was ecstatic when we got a foot back in the game.

Archived