Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

New signings so far

Kenton, McAuley, Johnson and Low ... what is the forum's impression of our new signings so far.

My friend from West Brom made his first visit to the Walkers partly to see Johnson and was telling me he thought he was an outstanding £150,000's worth.

He said the guy was always on the move, always involved, played it consistently simple, was inclined to get booked his only reservation was that he wouldn't score many goals. I thought he was quality against RS and an excellent signing at our level.

Kenton looked slow and lacking awareness, though he did some good things and McAuley showed he can get his head to a crosss at corners while looking generally fairly competent.

Josh Low, I don't know. He took his goal well against Hinckley, doing only what was necessary and that made it two goals in pre-season, an encouraging sign considering the dearth of goals from our flanks.

But as a winger and when he moved inside he just didn't seem involved enough. People have said that Hinckley weren't particularly good opposition but Low never threatened to take them apart. He seemed lacking in urgency to me.

Haven't seen anything of McAuley other than training which is not the place to judge a player's ability.

Part of my opinion of Kenton comes from his loan spell with us. I think he's a solid enough player to have on board, especially as he'll probably be used as a squad player next season rather than a starter. Decent player to have as back-up.

Johnson's range of passing is impressive along with his knowledge of the game and talking on the pitch. The only one of the four signings that I think will be a regular next season. Adds something new to the team.

Low, only seen him at Hinckley and in training. Seems like he needs to be more ruthless, use his size to cause more problems in the box and out muscle opponents. Probably the biggest gamble out of the four. How he is worked with on the training ground will have a big bearing on how successful he becomes during his time with us.

Imo Johnson is the best player we have brought in. Maybe our best "signing" this season could well be a youth team product. Only time will tell.

I am very impressed with the signings and will they improve an already very good team on evidence of last 10 games from last season. However some teams squads have improved signifficantly eg. Southampton

Kenton, McAuley, Johnson and Low ... what is the forum's impression of our new signings so far.

My friend from West Brom made his first visit to the Walkers partly to see Johnson and was telling me he thought he was an outstanding £150,000's worth.

He said the guy was always on the move, always involved, played it consistently simple, was inclined to get booked his only reservation was that he wouldn't score many goals. I thought he was quality against RS and an excellent signing at our level.

Kenton looked slow and lacking awareness, though he did some good things and McAuley showed he can get his head to a crosss at corners while looking generally fairly competent.

Josh Low, I don't know. He took his goal well against Hinckley, doing only what was necessary and that made it two goals in pre-season, an encouraging sign considering the dearth of goals from our flanks.

But as a winger and when he moved inside he just didn't seem involved enough. People have said that Hinckley weren't particularly good opposition but Low never threatened to take them apart. He seemed lacking in urgency to me.

That about sums it up for me. Johnson impressed me on friday, he looked like a more agile and stronger Lilian Nalis. I think he'll be a massive player for us this season and I hope either Williams, Hughes or Wesolowski can form a great partnership with him. I'm really starting to give up hope on Stephen Hughes, it's so frustrating as he has the ability to be such a good player at this level. It's a shame we didn't cash in on him last summer when Sunderland rumoured to offer £750,000 for him.

Imo Johnson is the best player we have brought in. Maybe our best "signing" this season could well be a youth team product. Only time will tell.

Along with Kisnorbo's extended contract. For me that's a real coup.

McAuley didnt look that fantastic against Boston (and thats the only game ive seen him play) I put that down to being the first pre season game but on the other hand Low looked really impressive. Johnson is as you would expect him to be :P

Archived