Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Line-Up for Burnley Match.

For example Hughes in left midfield. He couldn't play right midfield, what earthly chance has he got on the left?

I went for Hughes at left midfield because he got 3-4 goals and assists last season, whereas I'd say Tiatto didn't get 1 of any. You always harp on about we need more players in midfield to create and score goals but you've got two players in Johnson and Tiatto that won't come up with anything in the last quarter of the pitch, and Hammond and Porter who I don't think are good enough to play in a Championship midfield.

I also trying to come up with a realistic attacking team under Kelly, but if you'd like to see my team.

--------------- Henderson

------ McCarthy Kisnorbo Kenton

Stearman ----------------- Sheehan

--------------- Johnson

--------Weso ------------- Williams

---------- Hume ----- Fryatt

Kelly isnt going to go 3-5-2 or play with two out and out wingers or attacking full backs, thats just not his philosophy. The only changes i can see happening are Kisnorbo in for either Kenton or Stearman and Hughes in for either Tiatto or Maybury.

I would personally play Hughes on the left (scored vital goals against QPR and Millwall in this position) and on his day can be our most creative midfielder, just need to play the ball out the back and play to his and Williams strengths, rather than hoofing it over their heads. Sheehan would be a better left back if Hughes was infront of him, because 9/10 Hughes will cut inside on his right foot, so an attacking left back who bombs past Hughes would give him extra options when he cuts inside and would make us less predictable on that side.

On the right I would give Low a chance, whats the point in signing him if he is on the bench every week, but if that didnt work out, maybe Hume on the right would be a good option and having O'Grady partner Fryatt, giving us more physical presence when McCarthy and co predicably hoof the ball in a vague direction towards our strikers

Archived