Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Line-Up for Burnley Match.

Despite today's game I'm actually starting to look forward to the Burnley game...strange.

I dread the games against Burnley. They're always boring and we rarely score against them.... The game at Turf Moor last season was the worst away match Ive had the misfortune of going too. From start to finish it was a crap day!

To shuffle things around a bit for this match i would go for a younger side who have something to prove

---Logan---

---Kenton---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Sheehan

---Low---Williams---Hughes---Porter

------O'Grady------Fryatt

I know its not our strongest team but one thing you can guarantee is effort. They want to try and force there way into the team and by doing this they know they have to perform.

We can't continue to play the same old team, its getting a bit predictable now everyone knows what it is.

---Douglas---

---Stearman---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Johansson

---Maybury---Johnson---Williams---Tiatto

------Hume------Fryatt

Even a baby could guess this will be the team on tuesday. Its getting boring and to have Maybury and Tiatto as our two wingers is just poor judgement really.

At least Levein swapped players around when he was in charge

KELLY OUT LEVEIN BACK :thumbup:

If you make changes one at a time it'll take months to get our team right and it may be too late then. Lets go for the sort of team that can fashion our future and then amend it bit by bit where there are failings. As I and others have said, it's not just about losing but the way we lose.

Our present team produces grim football whatever the result. We have to change and it won't be easy cos there's a substantial group of players in our squad who are under threat and may well not welcome anyone coming in.

I remember Porter being isolated on the wing for the RS match and he barely got a pass. Not that heshould have been on the wing in the first place.

One loss and lets make wholesale changes!

chopping and changing the side every week was one of the major problems during the Levein era.

Why would you drop Henderson? probably the only player who performed half decent yesterday.

logan's kicking is far better for a start plus henderson isn't exactly a dominant keeper

One loss and lets make wholesale changes!

chopping and changing the side every week was one of the major problems during the Levein era.

Why would you drop Henderson? probably the only player who performed half decent yesterday.

But too many folks on here forget that lesson, as they have the memory and intellect of a goldfish.

I predict a maximum of three changes, unless there are any injuries which were not apparent yesterday

logan's kicking is far better for a start plus henderson isn't exactly a dominant keeper

There are 7 or 8 players I would drop on yesterday's evidence before Henderson.

The team I'd like to see is this

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Maybury

Williams

Johnson

Hughes

O'Grady

Fryatt

Only 3 changes, but enough to send the message to players and fans alike that poor performances, individually and collectively, are not acceptable. The Williams-Johnson midfield partnership was less than inspiring yesterday, but has to be given a chance to gel before being judged a success or failure.

I don't think there should be any untouchables in our side. O'Grady needs to be given the starting place he's waited years for. We need extra pace and power in attack, especially against teams like Burnley, and he showed enough yesterday and last season to suggest he can provide both.

Looking back Leicester have only won their openeing fixture ONCE since 2000 & that was against Watford in 2002 2-0 :o . So should everyone be so suprised at yesterdays result? - especially as it was combined with a TV appearance which we never seem to win either!

However I do have some good news for all of those of you who are disparing alrerady. I had the fortunate job of being in Ipswich last week and popped along to Portman Road to watch them play Lazio B reserves under 12's. They played Ipswich (who were totally shite) off the park :!: . Total disarray at the back and no creativity going forward. The only bright spark for them was a left winger named Jamie Peters who had a bit of pace about him and continually took on the RB. However when he got a cross in the attackers still hadn't managed to make it to the box. So they are there for the taking and 3 points if our boys can be arsed :unsure: . Just leaves the Burnley game to go and hopefully 6 points from 9 won't look as bad! :thumbup:

I'd rather not, its bad enough having one.

Yeah, the second Tiatto is his little brother Johnny who we have signed from a local team in Australia.

But, seriously, Tiatto is a left back and in my opinion a better one than Johansson.

The second Tiatto on the bench was meant to be Low by the way. I know this team will never be played but what do you think of the line-up.

The last time we had a performance away as bad as this (Wolves away in the PL) Micky Adams dropped all of his side apart from Dickov. Some were reinstated for the league game against Blackburn, after that we went on a run of 3 wins and two draws in the Premier League!

So this is what I would do to give the team a kick up the arse:

GK: Logan (Better kicking)

DR: Maybury (Give stearman a kick up the backside)

DL: Nissa (our only option, sheehan has not impressed me)

DC: Kisornobo (best Defender)

DC: Mcarthy (our Captain)

MR: Sylla (He NEEEEDS another chance)

MC: Hughes (give williams a little competition)

MC: Johnson (Bill mac role)

ML: Tiatto (only option)

FC: O'Grady (Target man)

FC: Dodds (natural scoring ability)

Just to give everyone a little nudge that no one is safe......

The team I want to see:

Henderson

Kenton

Kisnorbo

McCarthy

Tiatto

Hammond

Williams

Johnson

Hughes

O'Grady

Fryatt

Subs:

Logan

Hume

Porter

Stearman

Tiatto

I think that looks quite good actually it would be worth a go.

He really isnt...

..Hughes played the position for most of last season and did credibly, at the same time Porter is fast and offensively minded, there are plenty of choices (well… more than one) to replace Tiatto who at beast is past-it.

…how much would Brum want for Gray? :D

The last time we had a performance away as bad as this (Wolves away in the PL) Micky Adams dropped all of his side apart from Dickov. Some were reinstated for the league game against Blackburn, after that we went on a run of 3 wins and two draws in the Premier League!

So this is what I would do to give the team a kick up the arse:

GK: Logan (Better kicking)

DR: Maybury (Give stearman a kick up the backside)

DL: Nissa (our only option, sheehan has not impressed me)

DC: Kisornobo (best Defender)

DC: Mcarthy (our Captain)

MR: Sylla (He NEEEEDS another chance)

MC: Hughes (give williams a little competition)

MC: Johnson (Bill mac role)

FC: O'Grady (Target man)

FC: Dodds (natural scoring ability)

Just to give everyone a little nudge that no one is safe......

tiatto is not our only option we have Low

tiatto is not our only option we have Low

He plays on the right!

...Porter, Hughes can stump up on the left, it's almost a shame that Morris was so unless fitness wise as he might have slotted in on the left.

Archived