Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Line-Up for Burnley Match.

tiatto is not our only option we have Low

I assumed Low was a Right Winger, and realistically Porter will not be able to cope with the physical side of this League IMO. He looked nothing special against Sociedad. Needs a spell out on loan A-La Piper.

Low is solely a right winger as he is completely one-footed, he would be absolutely atrocious if played anywhere else. I don't rate him myself but Kelly obviously rated him enough to bring him to the club and after the lack of creativity particularly down the right hand side yesterday, it will be shocking if he is not in the 16.

You can juggle the 20 or so names in to the 11 starting positions as much as you like.. the fact is.. we've not signed the right players and arguably we haven't even signed them in the right positions.

I don't think the squad is up to it and I certainly don't see what shape we're going for. With the players we have and where RK seemingly wants to play them, it's effectively a 6-2-2 where the midfield 2 are Williams and Johnson. Now, both have reputations of being a little workshy so is it any surprise if they get overrun in the middle? Both of these players are more suited to a midfield 5 surely?

They players we have signed don't fit the system RK is trying to play. He signs Low as well. A genuine winger and doesn't play him. Could it be a Gilbert situation. Sign him and THEN watch him play and realise he's sh it? I don't know.

What I do know is that the whole thing stinks. I don't even think RK has a real plan, a structured argument, a shape he's going for? To him, difficult to beat = playing as many defenders as possible.

The players probably aren't good enough, the shape is awful, we're notoriously bad at defending set pieces, a number of players are playing out of position just so that RK can have his defender overload wan kathon and whilst he seems capable of identifying problems over and over again, I just don't know that he'll solve them.

All this after one game of a season which I didn't even watch anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sylla play, if he genuinely has worked hard in pre-season and he knew that it was probably his last chance.

RK really needs to motivate this side more.. its a case on instilling a sense of professional pride.

he played realy well against lincoln going round a few players and crossing well,i thought this is what maybury and taitto lacked agaist luton.

To shuffle things around a bit for this match i would go for a younger side who have something to prove

---Logan---

---Kenton---McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Sheehan

---Low---Williams---Hughes---Porter

------O'Grady------Fryatt

Why wouldnt this team be as strong???

sure its inexperienced but player for player and ability wise it is no weaker. id welcome sheehan in for johansson and o'grady too. hughes and williams have to play in my book as they are two classiest players regardless of their supposed lack of effort. williams needs someone with him to kick him up the arse. maybe thatll be johnson only time will tell.

cant say either henderson or rab deserve to be in team. couldnt henderson have at least dived for that first goal?

I dread the games against Burnley. They're always boring and we rarely score against them.... The game at Turf Moor last season was the worst away match Ive had the misfortune of going too. From start to finish it was a crap day!

I don't think there is anything more depressing than sitting on a coach to Burnley to watch to you team lose in that away end :(

Who cares about performances if we don't win. We need to pick up at least 4 points from our two home games. On the basis of yesterdays performance that is a big ask but then again we did beat Stoke at home having been beaten by Sheff Utd last season. We need to look at things from a positive aspect at least the players have an immediate opportunity to make amends for the poor excuse of a performance at Luton and we we're not the only team to lose yesterday.

I wouldnt play fryatt after his performance yesterday.

I thought Fryatt was excellent first half. As excellent as you can expect him to be when the one tactic we had was thumping the ball up to him in the air. He had no support from Hume whatsoever and he had to fashion his own chances cos the midfield were 30 yards away. He did nothing second half but then he was probably knackered from having to do absolutely everything attacking-wise that we offered in the first. Would be ludicrous to drop him in my opinion. Who the hell is going to score the goals we so badly need if we take him out of the team?

The problems started with the defence yesterday. Stearman and McCarthy in particular hoofing balls down the channels. Tiatto and Maybury are too slow/defensive to get to them and Fryatt and Hume need proper service and support instead of this aimless hoofing. The answer is not to drop Fryatt, it's to play the ball out of defence properly instead of hoofing it and get more bodies in midfield with one or two players pushing up to give the front men some assistance.

We need to play two wingers and attack on the ground, instead of aimlessly hoofing it upfield.

I also think O grady needs to be bought in to replace hume as O gradys hold up play has been brilliant and he will give 100%, he can hold the ball up and give midfielders those few seconds (minutes tiatto, maybury) to get up and join the attack.

Why change it? If we're going to be successful we need continuality. Keep the team exactly the same.

I agree with that,theres no points keep changing the team,thats one reason levein done so shite he was making so many changes each game :whistle:

Why change it? If we're going to be successful we need continuality. Keep the team exactly the same.

You would actually like us to play what I think was 8 defense players (the back 5 plus Tiatto, Mayberry and Johnson) at home against a side like burnley?

I hope our ambition this season is little less negative than that.

Without wanting to mention MoN again - the beauty of his teams was that everybody had a job and a simple one at that. The two full backs run up and down like fock the 3 centre halves to hoof it out and stop all and sundry, the midfield players to run and run and run and to pass and pass and pass and the front two to run and run and put the ball in the net.

Yeh OK it's not that simple but it seems to me that all this 4-3-3 4-4-2 3-5-2 business is only complicating things - nice and simple attack, attack attack as the old adage goes. Start with kicking the Burnly back into the Lancashire hills and the Tractor Boys back into the Suffolk field s and stop all this moaning on this site.

So for what it's worth:

Henderson

Nissa Kisnorbo McCarthy

Stearman Kenton

(has he got a left foot? if not Maybury)

Hughes Williams Low

Hume Fryatt

And to end on a positive note - we're going win and go on a 45 undefeated run and we are going up said we are going up :whistle:

Archived