Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

We were rubbish but...

The good news is that in my opinion things can only get better. I don't believe that so many players can all have bad games again.

It was the worst performances that I have ever seen from Hume, Johansson and Stearman. Mediocrity from Johnson, McCarthy, Maybury, Tiatto and Williams. Willingness from Fryatt, Kenton and Henderson but they were ultimately let down by the rest of the side. Hammond came on and got roughly one touch and O'Grady barely did any better though evidently he was forced out onto the right side.

I think that we will be only able to tell if this is the fault of the manager after atleast the next 4 games. Remember we have 3 home games during this period and it is not impossible that we could go unbeaten in this period. If we suffer a similar fate it would seem that Kelly has ultimately failed in his work with the players during the pre season. Stearman's performance was absolutely scandalous, I did not see him complete one pass and was always looking for the ball over the top. Claridge had it right that we were playing in straight lines. If it is the manager suggesting this type of play then I think it could be troublesome.

However I do think that the Burnley game is a chance to prove the doubters wrong. Burnley play a different style to Luton but have been more effective than them in pre-season, won on saturday and have done well with the Akinbiyi money in the transfer market.

Whatever the result it will be a difficult game but I think that Leicester have to perform better because it would be impossible not too. I think that Kelly has to pick the same 11 or perhaps bring Kisnorbo back though it would be harsh on Kenton after his adequate performance. I think he'll pick the same 11 as they should have something to prove and a more positive result and performance is greatly needed.

Lastly it was only the first game of the season and results do not always go of sides that will be in the mix later in the season. Remember none of the Football league winners last season won on the opening day.

could we really play any worse than that?

No but we could play the same or even slightly better but that wouldn't mean we would win, so things could get worse or stay the same.

This 'it can only get better attitude' is the same one which almost saw us relegated last season...

I'd agree, the big problem is that the changes we need to improve seem unlikley to be embarked upon any time soon... at least we've only had the one game, but that's about all i can see in a good light, if we dont get pionts out of this month we're going to get diddly-squat out of September (Sunderland, Brum & WestBrom all away).

We will continue to go out with the same apparent half hearted attitude and we will continue to concede goals from set pieces.

These are just two problems which have been evident at the club now FOR OVER A YEAR.

RK identifies them after every defeat. I'm beginning to think it's just words to him, just to keep the local press and the fans off his back. He identifies the general problem, but nothing specific... and then nothing changes.

We will continue to go out with the same apparent half hearted attitude and we will continue to concede goals from set pieces.

These are just two problems which have been evident at the club now FOR OVER A YEAR.

RK identifies them after every defeat. I'm beginning to think it's just words to him, just to keep the local press and the fans off his back. He identifies the general problem, but nothing specific... and then nothing changes.

You love criticising managers don't you? It's only one game and yet if people like you had their way Kelly would've walked by now.

Give the man a chance at least - he lost his first game in charge at home to Southampton but then turned us around. There's every possibility that he could do the same this time too.

By all means criticise if things don't improve in the next few weeks, and if that's the case I'll be doing the same too. But one bad day at the office doesn't warrant such pessimism and negativity.

You love criticising managers don't you? It's only one game and yet if people like you had their way Kelly would've walked by now.

Give the man a chance at least - he lost his first game in charge at home to Southampton but then turned us around. There's every possibility that he could do the same this time too.

By all means criticise if things don't improve in the next few weeks, and if that's the case I'll be doing the same too. But one bad day at the office doesn't warrant such pessimism and negativity.

I absolutely agree. What I've posted is just a prediction.

You say give him a chance, and I will. But it's not our decision anyway and I'd suggest we're stuck with him,

My problem is he's had a pre-season and he's been allowed to sign/release players as he's seen fit and the net result is that we are playing a 4 4 2 which would seem to be the wrong formation for the players he has at his disposal and then he doesn't even play the right players within that. I really can't see our plan.. how we're going to beat teams. Where are the goals going to come from. Hughes/Williams etc can't play to their full potential in a 4 4 2, they need to be part of a 5 man midfield. I just don't see where RK is going.

This 'it can only get better attitude' is the same one which almost saw us relegated last season as we stuck with the clueless tw at Levein.

Are you seriously suggesting that RK isn't any better?

Are you seriously suggesting that RK isn't any better?

I don't think you'll find me suggesting that anywhere.

In fact, I'll go further than that and say that I believe that RK is doing a better job than CL did.

Having said that, it's really not saying much, is it?

Archived