Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Too... Many... Threads....

I go on another forum where every new thread which is similar to another relatively new one still on the page is closed instantly, this dissuades peopl from postin mutiliple threads on the same topic. At first I found this annoying...

But since yesterday I can see a good reason for it... there must be at least 20 different threads with the same content, arguments and peolple discussing the same thing...

Wouldn't it be nice to only have one or two post match analysis threads to keep me sane..?? :ph34r:

I go on another forum where every new thread which is similar to another relatively new one still on the page is closed instantly, this dissuades peopl from postin mutiliple threads on the same topic. At first I found this annoying...

But since yesterday I can see a good reason for it... there must be at least 20 different threads with the same content, arguments and peolple discussing the same thing...

Wouldn't it be nice to only have one or two post match analysis threads to keep me sane..?? :ph34r:

Agree but it's hard to keep up with it, I spend a good 10% of my time on here merging threads, on the other hand you have to give people a bit of licence and freedom, the Mods and Admin are already castigated for interfering with the posts.

There is also the argument that if you stick them all in one thread people are less likely to read the full contents and then start duplicating what's already been posted anyway.

..............and can we have a rule where the match thread has to start on the day of the match, not 25 hours before kick-off as was the case for the Luton game :rolleyes:

..............and can we have a rule where the match thread has to start on the day of the match, not 25 hours before kick-off as was the case for the Luton game :rolleyes:

Come on that was just excitement, misplaced I'll grant you, but we don't want to show the same lack of excitement and passion as the players do we. ;):thumbup:

Let's just ban new topics altogether - That should sort it :ph34r:

Archived