Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brendan

1 Game in

we are 1 game into the new season and with a defeat everyone is criticising, and rightly so on the performance, but it is 1 game. everyone is slagging off johnson, tiatto and williams etc, but it is 1 game! we have 45 others and hopefully come the end of that everyone will be realising that we are a young team with some experience and a solid team when you look at our team. everyone can have an off day, and on saturday most of the team did but like i say we have plenty of games to put that right.

also, of course everyone was going to be off the pace i mean we may have had a good pre-season but were the games we played really testing our players and helping them to gel? that is my only criticism of the club!

we are 1 game into the new season and with a defeat everyone is criticising, and rightly so on the performance, but it is 1 game. everyone is slagging off johnson, tiatto and williams etc, but it is 1 game! we have 45 others and hopefully come the end of that everyone will be realising that we are a young team with some experience and a solid team when you look at our team. everyone can have an off day, and on saturday most of the team did but like i say we have plenty of games to put that right.

also, of course everyone was going to be off the pace i mean we may have had a good pre-season but were the games we played really testing our players and helping them to gel? that is my only criticism of the club!

Do you want people to be happy thought after a lacklustre 2-0 defeat at Luton?

Not really one game for this pair though is it?

They both had an ok game and that's all it was ok!

Do we really have to sing

ah leicester (clap,clap,clap)
this season...it doesn't really scan as well as last seasons version and I'm not sure how to pronounce the brackets or the equals sign :P

• Tell me when Williams and Tiatto have played 90 minutes of quality football, not while I've been watching them, they are not kids. Niether is Henderson, Johansson, Kenton, Johnson, Maybury so that's 7 out of 11.
  • Why was everyone going to be off the pace? Other teams weren't!
  • If the pre-season games weren't testing enough who's fault is that? The fans! surely not.

• Tell me when Williams and Tiatto have played 90 minutes of quality football, not while I've been watching them, they are not kids. Niether is Henderson, Johansson, Kenton, Johnson, Maybury so that's 7 out of 11.
  • Why was everyone going to be off the pace? Other teams weren't !
  • If the pre-season games weren't testing enough who's fault is that? The fans! surely not.

That's a good point there davieG

Of all the teams that played on the weekend we were probably the poorest.

Even Barnsley who lost at home put in an effort.

It was an effort for our players to pass the ball straight and making excuse's for them will do us no good in the long run.

I got quite annoyed at the Stearman thread to be honest, i gave up reading after the first page

Why? He had a poor game. Folk are entitled to point out that fact.

The fact that he's a local lad shouldn't exempt him from criticism when it's deserved.

That's a good point there davieG

Of all the teams that played on the weekend we were probably the poorest.

Oh really? Did you spent 18 hours watching all 12 of the matches?

If not, how could you make that call?

Or are you really a Forest fan who only posts on here to wind the rest of us up?

2 debutants, but they were in the spine of our team

Brendan, this isn't about one game.

Counting Sociedad as our only proper friendly (as I've been reminded) we drew 0-0 with them, lost our last League match 2-0 at Southampton making the last three matches without a goal and have won once in the last five League matches scoring three goals.

Fans are concerned. Most of us expected at least some repairing of weaknesses in the summer but all we've got is more defensive/tickover players apart from Low. Every way you look at it this team will not score enough goals to even survive let along earn promotion.

Little wonder people are worried.

don't worry mate I know exactly what your saying, this board is just turning negative don't let it get you down I'm not :thumbup:

Why? He had a poor game. Folk are entitled to point out that fact.

The fact that he's a local lad shouldn't exempt him from criticism when it's deserved.

It wasn't criticism about the game though, it was the lad himself. The lad looked so nervous it was unbelievable, not all young sportsman take pressure with a pinch of salt believe it or not. He was very poor in the game, but now apparently he is sh1t. He was one of our best players last season, people put big figures above his head and he was hailed our best prospect. A shaky 90 minutes and now he's a villian. Why after 1 game do people take it upon themselves to moan moan fking moan.

we are 1 game into the new season and with a defeat everyone is criticising, and rightly so on the performance, but it is 1 game. everyone is slagging off johnson, tiatto and williams

Take heart. It's nice to see a new face among the normal scapegoats.

Brendan, this isn't about one game.

Counting Sociedad as our only proper friendly (as I've been reminded) we drew 0-0 with them, lost our last League match 2-0 at Southampton making the last three matches without a goal and have won once in the last five League matches scoring three goals.

Fans are concerned. Most of us expected at least some repairing of weaknesses in the summer but all we've got is more defensive/tickover players apart from Low. Every way you look at it this team will not score enough goals to even survive let along earn promotion.

Little wonder people are worried.

Oh FFS. :angry::angry::angry:

If you really think that you may as well disappear to Hinckley Utd now and plague THEIR message board, if they have one.

[rant]

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please ...

Stop the madness, we've got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many topics regarding the many sides of the argument about how cack we were on Saturday.

It has to stop already!

[/rant]

Archived