Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

do we need to sell an asset?

After last nights performance, I was wondering if we had a good offer for one of out so called "star" players should we snap there potential bidders hand off in order to strengthen the rest of the squad?

Not say we should, just wondered what your thoughts were!

After last nights performance, I was wondering if we had a good offer for one of out so called "star" players should we snap there potential bidders hand off in order to strengthen the rest of the squad?

Star player :pinch:

What star player?

We'd be lucky to give em away :rolleyes:

Didn't see many assets out there last night. Several liabilities, but not many assets

After last nite a zero dropped off their value. You sell when the market is up n youve got something to sell. Last nite looked like a bunch of womens netballers trying to play football. so i guess no,impossible to sell.

Exactly. We should have sold in the close season.

Asset???....

Leicester don't have any assets...

This team will do well to finish higher than 16th......

Woeful underacheivers........

Gareth williams needs a smack round the face with the reality fish......

He is nothing more than a mediocre championship player and the sooner he rolls his sleeves up and gets to grips with that the better....

Star players??

Weslowski, Stearman, Sheehan, Fryatt, Hume, O Grady, Porter, Gradel, etc

All players have great potential, all players need to be playing. Rome wasn't built in a day people, give Rob time, well at least 10 games before we start to question give him the boot or selling our star players. The few I've named above will have great futures in football if given a chance.

In the meantime, if we're losing games, why not play some of the younger guys with a passion for Leicester, who says you can't win things with kids.

Lets keep the ball on the deck to begin with.

If we need to get rid of anyone we need to get with the overpaid primadonas, no point keeping them if they don't perform or have a passion for our football club!

Asset???....

Leicester don't have any assets...

This team will do well to finish higher than 16th......

Woeful underacheivers........

Gareth williams needs a smack round the face with the reality fish......

He is nothing more than a mediocre championship player and the sooner he rolls his sleeves up and gets to grips with that the better....

Whereas the players around him are performing like world-cup winners............. :whistle:

Star players??

Weslowski, Stearman, Sheehan, Fryatt, Hume, O Grady, Porter, Gradel, etc

All players have great potential, all players need to be playing. Rome wasn't built in a day people, give Rob time, well at least 10 games before we start to question give him the boot or selling our star players. The few I've named above will have great futures in football if given a chance.

In the meantime, if we're losing games, why not play some of the younger guys with a passion for Leicester, who says you can't win things with kids.

Lets keep the ball on the deck to begin with.

If we need to get rid of anyone we need to get with the overpaid primadonas, no point keeping them if they don't perform or have a passion for our football club!

I cite Martion O Neill as my example. How long did it take Martin to sort it out here.

...and I know Rob's had close season before anyone starts on me!

We dont really need a new player, of far more importance is using the players we have in the right place, Tiatto needs to be dumped, and Maybury should be played as a full-back... meanwhile we need to play wingers or midfeilders on the sodding wings! it wasnt a mistake that we looked more livley once Low and Hammond had come on.

As to buying a player, we dont need a "great" player or a "star" but we do need a credible play-maker, someone engergetic and agressive, rather than selling a player to do this the board needs to make the cash avliable... wont happen though, but i'm hopful that Low will start the next game and Tiatto wont play.

No they realise they are squad players at best..... :huh:

Do they? My point was that you can hardly single out one person's performance when the whole team was inept. At least Williams tries to pass with some urgency - 1-touch passes - didn't see anyone else bothering to try that last night

Do they? My point was that you can hardly single out one person's performance when the whole team was inept. At least Williams tries to pass with some urgency - 1-touch passes - didn't see anyone else bothering to try that last night

He is supposed to be the playmaker....

Leicester have a defence and a strike pairing and no midfield.....

I have seen more pace at a funeral procession... :o

This is a big no-no the transfer market is so deflated at the moment. Hardly any buyers out there and look at the current fees...

Chris Birchall goes for £150k rising to £300k and he's played in the world cup.

I'd argue we couldn't get over £500k for ANY of our current squad in today's transfer market. :(

This is a big no-no the transfer market is so deflated at the moment. Hardly any buyers out there and look at the current fees...

Chris Birchall goes for £150k rising to £300k and he's played in the world cup.

I'd argue we couldn't get over £500k for ANY of our current squad in today's transfer market. :(

I beg to differ, people generally pay for potential, we had bags of it.

Archived