Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jamesino_LCFC

Boss Waiting On Duo

Rob Kelly is waiting on the fitness of two key midfielders ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium (3pm).

Gareth Williams took a knock to the knee during Tuesday night's defeat to Burnley and was forced off the field at the break, while Andy Johnson picked up a calf injury on the evening.

And the City boss now faces an anxious wait on the fitness of the duo ahead of this weekend's game.

He said: "Gareth is obviously a doubt. Andy has got a bit of a calf problem, but he has trained this morning (Thursday). We shall have to wait and see."

But Kelly had some good news to relay regarding the fitness of Darren Kenton and James Wesolowski going into the game.

"Darren got a bit of a kick on Tuesday night, but we are hopeful that he will be ok.

"James is making good progress following his thigh injury. It was pleasing to see him put a full session in today and we may have a behind closed doors game next week. That will allow his to get some much needed match time under his belt.

"Other than that we have got a few bumps and bruises but we have still got enough to pick from."

Personally I wouldnt mind if Andy Johnson was left out as he hasnt impressed me much at all up to now in the early stages of the season.

However I wouldnt want to miss Gareth as I think he has played well in the first two games of the season and I believe (and always have done) that he is a good player for us.

Discuss.

Personally I wouldnt mind if Andy Johnson was left out as he hasnt impressed me much at all up to now in the early stages of the season.

However I wouldnt want to miss Gareth as I think he has played well in the first two games of the season and I believe (and always have done) that he is a good player for us.

:nono::nono::nono:

You have obviously seen a different player to the rest of us.

Discuss.

On the plus side, I've heard that the man who heats the pies to about 670 degress celsius is fit, well and raring to go, so you should be alright. :thumbup:

Wesolowski looked as sharp as anyone today. I understand that Rob doesn't want to rush him back but it won't be too long all being well.

Williams didn't train at all but Johnson was involved just didn't over do it. I think Johnson will be alright by Saturday. He's got a better chance than Williams at present anyway.

Archived