Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

***Graphics Competition***Week 1***

I haven't forgotton..... I'm still thinking!!!! I can't decide between 3. Anish, Petrescu and True Blue all 3 are very close in my opinion.

Petrescu has excellent images, the heading is not brilliant, but isn't bad either. I would like to know if petresecu put the pictures together, or whether they were already like that.

Anish has a good background picture, a really top draw heading. Let down badly by the cutting out of the pictures. It looks like the magic wand was used instead of making a path.

True blue has a top draw background, excellent pictures with good cutting out and a not to overpowering dropshadow. Unfortunately i thik his heading lets him down. If you had a heading the quality of Anish you may well has won easily.

.... If petrescu can show he put the pictures together he will get my vote. The picture merge has a very professional look to it. It's now down to BM to choose his!!

42916[/snapback]

Can you explain for us novices please :S

42944[/snapback]

its a tool u use, if you select it you just go around the image you want to cut out without being precise and the ''magic tool'' calculates where the image starts and highlights it for you, maks cutting out quicker but can have better effects if you extract it, just tedious!

42949[/snapback]

Cheers for that not quite sure I understand but that's more to do with my level of knowledge than your explanation. :)

I haven't forgotton..... I'm still thinking!!!! I can't decide between 3. Anish, Petrescu and True Blue all 3 are very close in my opinion.

Petrescu has excellent images, the heading is not brilliant, but isn't bad either. I would like to know if petresecu put the pictures together, or whether they were already like that.

Anish has a good background picture, a really top draw heading. Let down badly by the cutting out of the pictures. It looks like the magic wand was used instead of making a path.

True blue has a top draw background, excellent pictures with good cutting out and a not to overpowering dropshadow. Unfortunately i thik his heading lets him down. If you had a heading the quality of Anish you may well has won easily.

.... If petrescu can show he put the pictures together he will get my vote. The picture merge has a very professional look to it. It's now down to BM to choose his!!

42916[/snapback]

42944[/snapback]

its a tool u use, if you select it you just go around the image you want to cut out without being precise and the ''magic tool'' calculates where the image starts and highlights it for you, maks cutting out quicker but can have better effects if you extract it, just tedious!

42949[/snapback]

Cheers for that not quite sure I understand but that's more to do with my level of knowledge than your explanation. :)

42976[/snapback]

have you got photoshop mate?

if you have then if u look at the picture below, the magic wand is the one next to the button highlighted (1 down on the right) then just click on the pic and it highlights all the different parts of the picture like shown:

benjilcfc-thestrokesimage.JPG

or u can use the lasso's - the magnetic one (the one highlighted on the image above) u just have to have it selected then go roughtly around the image, it will just (like a magnet) stick the the edges of your pic :)

but i prefer to just go on filter>extract and do it the long, tedious way lol

42916[/snapback]

42944[/snapback]

42949[/snapback]

42976[/snapback]

if you have then if u look at the picture below, the magic wand is the one next to the button highlighted (1 down on the right) then just click on the pic and it highlights all the different parts of the picture like shown:

or u can use the lasso's - the magnetic one (the one highlighted on the image above) u just have to have it selected then go roughtly around the image, it will just (like a magnet) stick the the edges of your pic :)

42984[/snapback]

I've actually got Paintshop Pro 7, which is similar but seems to be hellishly complicated. I've used the lasso but I can't say I notice it's magnetic qualities.

42916[/snapback]

42944[/snapback]

42949[/snapback]

42976[/snapback]

42984[/snapback]

I've actually got Paintshop Pro 7, which is similar but seems to be hellishly complicated. I've used the lasso but I can't say I notice it's magnetic qualities.

42988[/snapback]

sorry, you need to right click the lasso button first first, it will bring up 3 types of lasso tools

*lasso tool

*polygonal lasso tool

*magnetic lasso tool

click the latter

Archived