Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Population-1

Much Improved.....Yet Still Frustrating!

I have mixed feelings having watched us plunder our way to a point tonight. To take the positives first:

1. Darren Kenton was excellent until he went off injured. Solid in the tackle, read the game well and strode forward with purpose at times. He will be sorely missed if that ankle keeps him out.

2. Nils had a far improved game - seemed to take confidence from the overall security within the back four. Although Coventry really failed to test him at any time with pace down the wings.

3. Levi Porter - ran out of legs in the second half but boy did he give us some attacking impetus. It was so refreshing to see a Leicester player running at the oppostion and scaring them witless. With time he could become a very valuable player.

4. Stephen Hughes - another who ran out of legs but he is our best player when given time on the ball. Ran the midfield for the first half and his delivery was generally encouraging.

5. Matty Fryatt - he is our one 'top drawer' player. I just wish we would support him more as with space to unleash a shot immediately I think he would be a 20 a season man. He had to make too many of his opportunities himself tonight.

6. Balance of the team - vastly improved. Johnson and Hughes seemed to relax in the knowledge that the offensive burden was not entirely on them and we looked far more fluid than a poor Coventry side.

Alas, there were some negatives:

1. Point six above is also a double edged sword. We should be winning games of that nature - Coventry were there for the taking and we lacked energy and drive at key times in the game. We seemed to want to slow it down when the game was crying out for us to take it by the scruff of the neck.

2. Although we kept a clean sheet and looked generally solid we did get the rub of the green at certain times when the ball was pinballing around in our area. Adebola caused us numerous problems with his strength and had he been on from the start it may have been a different story.

3. We are still lacking that midfield general who can press home the advantage and really stamp some impetus on the game. Hughes is our most skillful player but lacks the required physical presence and stamina over 90 minutes. He is a far better alternative to Williams however.

4. Given that we dominated the flanks I could count the number of times we reached the byline and delivered behind their back four on one hand.

5. For all our dominance of possession how many times did we actually make Andy Marshall work?

Overall, it was important to stem the tide of away reverses - yet I just feel it could have been so much more. An emerging side can also be a clinical one you know.

I have mixed feelings having watched us plunder our way to a point tonight. To take the positives first:

1. Darren Kenton was excellent until he went off injured. Solid in the tackle, read the game well and strode forward with purpose at times. He will be sorely missed if that ankle keeps him out.

2. Nils had a far improved game - seemed to take confidence from the overall security within the back four. Although Coventry really failed to test him at any time with pace down the wings.

3. Levi Porter - ran out of legs in the second half but boy did he give us some attacking impetus. It was so refreshing to see a Leicester player running at the oppostion and scaring them witless. With time he could become a very valuable player.

4. Stephen Hughes - another who ran out of legs but he is our best player when given time on the ball. Ran the midfield for the first half and his delivery was generally encouraging.

5. Matty Fryatt - he is our one 'top drawer' player. I just wish we would support him more as with space to unleash a shot immediately I think he would be a 20 a season man. He had to make too many of his opportunities himself tonight.

6. Balance of the team - vastly improved. Johnson and Hughes seemed to relax in the knowledge that the offensive burden was not entirely on them and we looked far more fluid than a poor Coventry side.

Alas, there were some negatives:

1. Point six above is also a double edged sword. We should be winning games of that nature - Coventry were there for the taking and we lacked energy and drive at key times in the game. We seemed to want to slow it down when the game was crying out for us to take it by the scruff of the neck.

2. Although we kept a clean sheet and looked generally solid we did get the rub of the green at certain times when the ball was pinballing around in our area. Adebola caused us numerous problems with his strength and had he been on from the start it may have been a different story.

3. We are still lacking that midfield general who can press home the advantage and really stamp some impetus on the game. Hughes is our most skillful player but lacks the required physical presence and stamina over 90 minutes. He is a far better alternative to Williams however.

4. Given that we dominated the flanks I could count the number of times we reached the byline and delivered behind their back four on one hand.

5. For all our dominance of possession how many times did we actually make Andy Marshall work?

Overall, it was important to stem the tide of away reverses - yet I just feel it could have been so much more. An emerging side can also be a clinical one you know.

:thumbup: Some good points.

Our keeper is worse that Rab Douglas, FACT-TA-F'CKIN-MUNDO

I hope to Christ, Weslowski displaces Andy Johnson with immediate effect, ad Johnson is a waste of space.

Hughes looked as good as he has since he arrived, he dispelled the myth he can't tackle last night, in about 2 weeks you'll see the very best of him for 90 minutes.

Our wingers are average at best, but that might be enough :thumbup: .

I have now seen 2 teams worse than us, Ipswich and Coventry who are dire, which is nice :thumbup: .

Elvis Hammond, if he was a rece horse he'd be sent to the glue factory as he serves no purpose.

Kenton is our classiest defender by far :blink:

a) But is Douglas as good as Logan?

b) No argument if Weso's fully fit.

c) It doesn't say a lot but I live in hope.

d) Let's just hope there's at least three although I haven't seen any worse than we were in our first two matches.

e) If Elvis was a horse he'd still never find his way round but might have a future at stud!

f) We'll see but he's made a good start.

a) But is Douglas as good as Logan?

b) No argument if Weso's fully fit.

c) It doesn't say a lot but I live in hope.

d) Let's just hope there's at least three although I haven't seen any worse than we were in our first two matches.

e) If Elvis was a horse he'd still never find his way round but might have a future at stud!

f) We'll see but he's made a good start.

Do you get gay horses?

Hughes hasn't really had a run of games especially in the middle, I think he will improve with every game (though i think hume could also do a good job in the middle) A fully fit Weso will also be a huge improvement over Johnson.

My biggest problem with the Cov game was with Elvis, he left fyatt looking very isolated. Bring in anyone other than him and i'll be pretty happy with the team selection.

Our wingers are average at best, but that might be enough

Disagree. Levi Porter just made his full debut for the side, expecting him to come out and be some young Ryan Giggs is a little bit much. I thought he looked lively, threatening and a valuable spark in a side that needed it. I think if he's given more time on the field as the season goes on he'll be an important part of the side.

I also quite liked Josh Low. I was listening to the Burnley game on the radio and he seemed to make all the different. He also looked pretty lively against Cov and posessed the quality to cross without having to beat a man twenty times in the process. If his delivery gets a little bit with practice / confidence / time on the field then we could be looking at two alright wide men.

Unless you'd rather Momo and Joe Hamill had started the season on the wings? :P

I also quite liked Josh Low. I was listening to the Burnley game on the radio and he seemed to make all the different. He also looked pretty lively against Cov and posessed the quality to cross without having to beat a man twenty times in the process. If his delivery gets a little bit with practice / confidence / time on the field then we could be looking at two alright wide men.

Yeah, I like Low. He does consistently get a cross in quickly, which is always dangerous. If Hume had been playing and back to his best of last season - or even O'Grady - and we saw some intelligent running into the box...

Archived