Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Micky Adam's thinks Leicester were the better team.

Source

Micky Adams said after the game to the club website: "I thought Leicester were the better team, I'll give them that, especially in the first half.

"We're pleased with the clean sheet and a point and we move on. "We adopted a system that perhaps didn't suit us but with the personnel we had available to us I thought it was worth a go. It was a system designed for experienced people to get the ball down and play. (It didn't work then Micky :P )

"We started brightly but as the game wore on we seemed to lack a little bit of confidence with it. So we changed and I thought we looked a lot better when we went back to a 4-4-2 and introduced a couple of new faces.

"Franky (El Idrissi) has been with us a couple of weeks and he's been itching to have a game. The boy has got quality but you never know about people until you throw them onto the big stage. Apart from that ridiculous shot from the halfway line I thought he was tremendous!

"When we had Gary McSheffrey, he could have either been injured or suspended. We've played games with him and we've played games without him. It's not worth worrying about if he'd been there would it have been any better.

"We'll never know whether it's good business, bad business or whatever. Would he have helped us? The boy has got qualities that would have helped us so yes but he wasn't there and we can't worry about it.

"If we'd have won 2-0 and little Franky had come on and been the hero it would have all been fine. Gary McSheffrey has done a wonderful job for this football club but there is going to be a new hero sooner rather than later and who's it going to be?

MA, in my opinion and the booing Cov fans, got his tactics terribly wrong last night. Playing Stern John, who looked pretty immobile and overweight on his own up front for 2/3rds of the game was a mistake. Also Cov's old guard of Hutchison and Cameron didn't pose a threat from open play.

Except when he got round the back and played it across the 6 yard box when they should have scored.

we were the better team in first half! then once porter and kenton came off we seemed to lose our steam and everything got a lil bit hectic out there!

even my derby supporting friend said we were far better than cov! and i am sure it was hard for him to say that hehe!

but seriously making changes that dont need to be changed mess things up!

yeh kenton was injured but why put stearman on who has been to put it nicely very poor these first few games and why bring off porter?? yeh weso needs a run out but why not take off johnson or hughes coz hughes was completly lost having to move to the left we lost all width coz then low was coming across trying to do both wings

Archived