Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Southend on Saturday

I was hoping this would be a fans fixture what with Southend being a newly promoted side and all that yet I find out the cheapest ticket I could hope for on Saturday is £22!! £22 to watch South-feckin-end! Why is this not a fans fixture? Anyone know? Or are they just trying to punish me for not purchasing a season ticket?

I was hoping this would be a fans fixture what with Southend being a newly promoted side and all that yet I find out the cheapest ticket I could hope for on Saturday is £22!! £22 to watch South-feckin-end! Why is this not a fans fixture? Anyone know? Or are they just trying to punish me for not purchasing a season ticket?

it will be a nice win for the boys in blue 4-1

they cant give out fans fixtures this early in the season, usually its after about 6 or 7 home games they do the 1st one? either way it would be ridiculous to give out cheap tickets already, i know attendances are falling but we have over 12,000 STH who wouldnt be happy about selling tickets to part-time-petes for less than they get in for.

they cant give out fans fixtures this early in the season, usually its after about 6 or 7 home games they do the 1st one? either way it would be ridiculous to give out cheap tickets already, i know attendances are falling but we have over 12,000 STH who wouldnt be happy about selling tickets to part-time-petes for less than they get in for.

Well as long as they enjoy sitting in a half empty stadium, thats all that matters.

I don't agree. I reckon, we will have about 17k for Southend if that, which is half empty stadium, never a good thing. You say part-time Petes? Again I don't agree.

It comes down to the old argument... just becuase people don't have a ST does not make them part time fans. People like myself have other plans, commitments, prior engagements that do not fit in with watching football week in week out.

At the end of the day, if the club were to offer 3/4 fans fixture games, the ticket prices averaged out over the season would still mean that ST holders get the best deal (£335 / 12 = £14.56 per game) which is obviously how it should be.

But less of this part time bollocks please!

actually its good business sense to do it early, the idea of dicsounted products is to get people hooked and they then come back for more at a higher price.

Obviously if we did one the next home game and got battered 5-0 not much chance of any repeat attendancees but a good game would then provide a higher attendance for the following higher priced game.

actually its good business sense to do it early, the idea of dicsounted products is to get people hooked and they then come back for more at a higher price.

Obviously if we did one the next home game and got battered 5-0 not much chance of any repeat attendancees but a good game would then provide a higher attendance for the following higher priced game.

Good call.

I don't agree. I reckon, we will have about 17k for Southend if that, which is half empty stadium, never a good thing. You say part-time Petes? Again I don't agree.

It comes down to the old argument... just becuase people don't have a ST does not make them part time fans. People like myself have other plans, commitments, prior engagements that do not fit in with watching football week in week out.

At the end of the day, if the club were to offer 3/4 fans fixture games, the ticket prices averaged out over the season would still mean that ST holders get the best deal (£335 / 12 = £14.56 per game) which is obviously how it should be.

I'm A S/T holder and I can see what you are saying but from my knowledge fans fixtures attract part-time fans as A lot of my mates (some of whome dont even support lcfc come along to them). I can see where you are coming from though

I'm A S/T holder and I can see what you are saying but from my knowledge fans fixtures attract part-time fans as A lot of my mates (some of whome dont even support lcfc come along to them). I can see where you are coming from though

More the merrier I say!

im not calling you a part time pete or anyone inparticular, this is just a name i use for them.its not insulting nor am i using it that way. im just saying the people who only go to 5 or 6 home games are known to me as part time petes. i used to be a part time pete a few seasons back untill i got myself a job and could afford a ST and to go to a few away games now and then, this still doesnt make me a better fan than someone who goes to only 5 or 6 games a season. we are all one supporter and no matter how much they price tickets at, or how many others turn up (17k or 32,500) we should all get behind the team and beg for a win every match.

Will be a tough match, we should see it through, but Southend are well organised and have an ace striker in Eastwood it'll be a testing match and their a team I'd be surprised not to see do well this season even though they've only just come up... but with Fixtures against Brum and WestBrom the Southend, Sunderland, Hull and Colchester natches become important games to get pionts out of, we have to aim to win all four IMHO, if we do so (or come close to doing so) we'll have a solid base for the rest of the season, otherwise it'll be another tricky few weeks... but if we beat southend then it'll be an encouraging sign IMHO.

Couldn't agree more Shum :thumbup:

Southend will surprise a few people this year we must start winning our home games, i shall be going down with hope.

Its good to see them back we got banned from playing at Southend away in the Summer months about 8 years ago, when we played them in Aug there was plenty of drinking and the sun must of got to peoples heads which caused some trouble, it happened two years in a row.

So we got banned (so did the sheep and f****t) so we had to play during the winter..i went was wet windy and cold it was a 0-0 draw zzzzz and it was on sky! :D

Great away day Southend and i hope they stay up for that reason

Archived