Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

***Graphics Competition***Week 2***

Sorry, some people have work and other things to do, im struggling to chose the winner and its different to babylons winner so i dont know what we can do about that.

I think we should change the rules slightly.

How does this sound..

Each week i chose a winner and a runner up and Babylon does the same, both winners get 2 points and the two runners up one point.

I think that'll work well.

Sorry, some people have work and other things to do, im struggling to chose the winner and its different to babylons winner so i dont know what we can do about that.

How does this sound..

Each week i chose a winner and a runner up and Babylon does the same, both winners get 2 points and the two runners up one point.

46331[/snapback]

Sounds good to me mate!

How does this sound..

46331[/snapback]

I'll pick a first and second and give them 50 and 25 points respectively, that should work nicely ;)

lol

Wishful thinking davieg.

So whats your first and second for this week Babylon?

46356[/snapback]

He means it would be better scoring with 50 and 25 points instead of 2 and 1 points. I think anyway. :huh:

lol

Wishful thinking davieg.

So whats your first and second for this week Babylon?

46356[/snapback]

He means it would be better scoring with 50 and 25 points instead of 2 and 1 points. I think anyway. :huh:

46359[/snapback]

I was trying, very badly it would seem to say that if I gave people those score BMs & Babylons scores would be wasted. Tried to keep it short for a change but failed :w00t:

Im going to get stick for this one but if you dont like it, dont enter.

1. True_Blue - Very good background, included most of the important things and the colour of the banner is very good, when it hits you the first thing you think is Harchester, excellent attempt this week.

2. Petrescu - A Good choice of images with decent cut-outs, i think the let down is the background which isn't great but for the amount of images, very good indeed.

Well done to everyone else who tried, i dont know if you want my comments but here they are...

Please dont take it as abuse, take it the right way and try and improve next week, you've got to realise its that the judge finds good, some people might think my favourites are the worst but me and babylon know what to look for in graphics, especially him.

Match Of The Day Banner - Good cut outs and simple looking, the main thing that made me dislike this banner is the jagged outter glow and the yellow outer glow, could of gone for somehting a little smoother and colour coded.

Phoenix Nights - Some good images cut out pretty well, good positions for them aswel and like the use of the channel 4 logo. I think the background and font let this banner down though, try something different font wise, download some, i recomment www.abstractfonts.com

Simpsons - Very very good banner, could not give first place for one reason, the size. Clearly said the size at the start of this challenge and you may be pissed off but its harder to work in a smaller area, otherwise, quality.

Family Guy - Didnt appeal to me at all, abit to plain, not alot to it at all. The background catches the eye before the other images do, it needs to be less bright and maybe overlay some other colour over the background for a positive imptrovement.

Thank you and sorry if i made you feel shit.

Please keep it up.

Mine is the reverse to Bm's....

I pretty much agree with all of bms comments. Except True Blue i feel there was too much transparancy to warrant a first place. If you had a couple of the pictures solid and cut out you would of won.

Petrescus is very good. Although the background is a bit low resolution, you win as this does have a very professional look to it. In fact it's so technically sound i would have said someone with training had done it.

1 Petrescu

2 True Blue

Special Smiley face award goes to madlevein for an excellent banner, let down by the size and an incredibly poor picture of mr burns!!! There are good pictures out there people... low quality pics should not be used!!!!

I pretty much agree with all of bms comments. Except True Blue i feel there was too much transparancy to warrant a first place. If you had a couple of the pictures solid and cut out you would of won. 

Petrescus is very good. Although the background is a bit low resolution, you win as this does have a very professional look to it. In fact it's so technically sound i would have said someone with training had done it.

1 Petrescu

2 True Blue

Special Smiley face award goes to madlevein for an excellent banner, let down by the size and an incredibly poor picture of mr burns!!! There are good pictures out there people... low quality pics should not be used!!!!

46369[/snapback]

Thats this week sorted then.

You ok mwith me setting the next task Babylon or have you got an idea?

1 Petrescu

2 True Blue

46369[/snapback]

Thats this week sorted then.

You ok mwith me setting the next task Babylon or have you got an idea?

46374[/snapback]

I was thinking something along the lines of peoples favourite film!!?? The same size as week one. If you want to do anything it's cool though mate, we can use mine next week.

I was going to say favourite band or music artist on a splash.

We'll use yours next weke mate so we aint got the same sized piece 2 weeks on a trot.

Nice one pal.

Archived