Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Anyone....

To what extent have environmental problems and issues become ‘globalized’? What features characterise the global politics of the environment?

Who wants to write that essay for me? :(;)

Well you can't have expected people to say 'oh yes Scowy, I'd love to do that essay for you'!

Sounds like a yawn fest - both writing it and reading it!

To what extent have environmental problems and issues become ‘globalized’? What features characterise the global politics of the environment?

Who wants to write that essay for me?  :(  ;)

44715[/snapback]

Plot the path of local, regional and global treaties. Second part -> money. Viz US and Australia. Also look at differing regional attitudes. Geography low lying islands, countries in the path of acid rain and smoke from forest fires.

Enough to start you off. :w00t: ;)

44715[/snapback]

Sounds interesting... you should definitely mention the Kyoto treaty in there ;)

44715[/snapback]

Sounds interesting... you should definitely mention the Kyoto treaty in there ;)

44747[/snapback]

You've got a weird definition of 'interesting' then! :P:Dlol

44715[/snapback]

44747[/snapback]

The Kyoto agreement was drawn up in 1997, based on the United Nations Framework Convention For Climate Change. The industrialised nations that signed up to the agreement were pledged to decrease emissions of six greenhouse gasses by an average of 5.2% below their 1990 levels by the period 2008-2012. 180 nations agreed on a scaled down version of the treaty in 2001, this was after the United States had pulled out.

;)

44715[/snapback]

44747[/snapback]

You've got a weird definition of 'interesting' then! :P:Dlol

44749[/snapback]

I'm a 'Geogra-fan' ;)... I'm gonna start studying Geography&Geoinformatics at university next term ;)... So yes, I do find it interesting :ph34r:

44715[/snapback]

44747[/snapback]

The Kyoto agreement was drawn up in 1997, based on the United Nations Framework Convention For Climate Change. The industrialised nations that signed up to the agreement were pledged to decrease emissions of six greenhouse gasses by an average of 5.2% below their 1990 levels by the period 2008-2012. 180 nations agreed on a scaled down version of the treaty in 2001, this was after the United States had pulled out.

;)

44751[/snapback]

excellent! ;)

You should be done with it pretty quickly at this rate! :thumbup:

It might be worth considering that despite GB's failure to reach it's own targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, we've done better than most.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the US will happily fill in the hole left by us! ;)

Archived