Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MADLEVEIN

just out of intrest ........

how many people converted to foxestalk from the fox message board ?

i thought that was pretty good until i came across this.

i still pop back on now and again under the same guise but it just dont cut it anymore.

45030[/snapback]

I post on both but use different names ;) , I've noticed you on both :thumbup:

Do tend to use this more although it does get a bit childish, the latest example being the music you listened to when young turning into a I hate the clothes/people topic. :w00t:

i still pop back on now and again under the same guise but it just dont cut it anymore.

45030[/snapback]

Do tend to use this more although it does get a bit childish, the latest example being the music you listened to when young turning into a I hate the clothes/people topic. :w00t:

45035[/snapback]

Childish posters/posts make this place livelier, although I can understand your frustrations as it gets far too personal at times.

45030[/snapback]

45035[/snapback]

Childish posters/posts make this place livelier, although I can understand your frustrations as it gets far too personal at times.

45041[/snapback]

Interesting use of the word livelier there young Anish.

I'd have probably used something like off-putting

It's a shame when we get incidents of childish posting, because this forum has the potential to become very successful. There are a number of good posters who are a credit to the forum, but there are just a few who just can't help themselves and pull the rest of us down. :(

45030[/snapback]

45035[/snapback]

45041[/snapback]

45055[/snapback]

Each to their own I suppose - I guess I'm younger than you and at times us youngsters get carried away a bit ;)

45030[/snapback]

45035[/snapback]

45041[/snapback]

45055[/snapback]

Each to their own I suppose - I guess I'm younger than you and at times us youngsters get carried away a bit ;)

45063[/snapback]

Maybe you're right Anish, perhaps it's an age thing, never the less after reading all the I hate rubbish about clothes, as Cobbo said "They are only clothes ffs." even the music came down to I hate this etc, anyway I decided I wasn't going to join in what had now become a private argument, now that maybe no great loss but how many others felt like that or feel like that on other topics and decide they'll go somewhere else.

I'm beginning to sound like some moaning old git, which I probably am but I feel if no one says anything it will get worse.

I totally undeerstand what you're saying Davie. Age shouldn't matter on a forum, but quite clearly some people just don't know how to argue in a constructive fashion. There was a thread on the Football section by Wigan boy designed to cause further conflict. If he had posted that in a constructive manner as opposed to being cocky and arrogant, then maybe we could have had a decent discussion. But posters like him and a few others are not capable of doing that, which is a shame.

Myself, Petrescu and other moderators try to let threads flow, but it's comes to a point now where threads degenerate in to petty arguing and needs to be closed, whether it will be about what clothes someone wears, what music they like etc. I wish some people would think before posting, it's very much reactive and hot headed, without any thoughts to the consequences it may lead to.

To be fair though, I think the forum has improved a lot recently, but we still get the odd thread turning sour.

45030[/snapback]

45035[/snapback]

45041[/snapback]

45055[/snapback]

45063[/snapback]

Maybe you're right Anish, perhaps it's an age thing, never the less after reading all the I hate rubbish about clothes, as Cobbo said "They are only clothes ffs." even the music came down to I hate this etc, anyway I decided I wasn't going to join in what had now become a private argument, now that maybe no great loss but how many others felt like that or feel like that on other topics and decide they'll go somewhere else.

I'm beginning to sound like some moaning old git, which I probably am but I feel if no one says anything it will get worse.

45077[/snapback]

I haven't been on here a long time, but I will have to agree with you there, davie.

Some threads just stray waaay off topic and just become dialogs or petty arguments. And to be honest, I don't get the point of the threads that target other posters in their topic either :huh:. If I want to say something to a specific person I'd PM him or her...that's what PMs are for ;)

I see Scowy has closed 1 or 2 threads today, and I fully back that. I'd rather have these useless threads closed than them bogging up the forum.

Now I know some will say that we should allow some banter, but to be honest, much of it isn't banter. Banter is supposed to be taken with a grain of salt, yet many of the arguments are provoked and personal and go way beyond banter.

Having said all that, I wish to apologise for (ironically) straying off topic in this otherwise sound thread ;)

This thread will be closed soon  :D  lol  :mad:

45084[/snapback]

lollol

Actually I think the conversation has some relevance as it's the quality of posting at anyone time that can drive me back to the FoxFanzine forum although I have to admit they have their problems as well.

PS I like your signature MADLEVEIN

This thread will be closed soon  :D  lol  :mad:

45084[/snapback]

lollol

Actually I think the conversation has some relevance as it's the quality of posting at anyone time that can drive me back to the FoxFanzine forum although I have to admit they have their problems as well.

PS I like your signature MADLEVEIN

45087[/snapback]

i downloaded that adobe photoshop, 2 days ago on a 30 day trial from download.com and ive been playing with it, i had a different one yesterday trying to get used to it before the 30 days expire... ;)

My ears are burning... lol

45088[/snapback]

So they should be ... :w00t:

45132[/snapback]

I use both and as a bit of a techno cretin I find these harder to get going on, but most of the stuff on here is relevant, the OS will proabably always be my spiritual home, but I am of the opinion that there is room for more than one relevant site and I seem to be able to post on both without too much trouble.

On the point of the OS going downhill, I disagree! IT hasnt, the POSTING HAS, thats because people haven't bothered of late and there has been some bad feeling out there, but that has gone and the post counts are up and humour and banter is back.

Long lIve the Boards...whichever you choose! :ph34r:

Although there are some ridiculous threads where they're cause arguments or get personal. I think that this a some good banter on here. I tend to post more on general chat than football as I couldn't just post about football or be serious all the time, we need a bit of humour and banter. I think some people expect this place to be somewhere where we talk about football and nothing else if you know what I mean.

General Chat = Good

Banter = Good

Humour = Good

Tosh = Good

Hate = Bad

Spitefulness = Bad

Personal Insults = Bad

For No Particualr Reason here's some famous Computer Quotes

They've finally come up with the perfect office computer. If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer.

-- Milton Berle

Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.

-- Arthur C. Clarke (Clarke's 69th Law, The Odyssey File, 1984)

My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

-- Robert Paul

The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out a window.

-- Robert Paul

The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim.

-- Edsgar Dijkstra

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.

-- Thomas Watson

Always be wary of the Software Engineer who carries a screwdriver.

-- Robert Paul

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.

-- Paul Ehrlich

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.

-- Pablo Picasso

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

-- Issac Asimov

All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised to know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men.

-- Issac Asimov

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

-- Emo Philips

I came from Os to talkingballs to this forum! This is the best by far!!

45375[/snapback]

... and we miss you and everyone else at TalkingBalls. :rolleyes: Everyone is always welcome back. :w00t: ;)

45375[/snapback]

... and we miss you and everyone else at TalkingBalls. :rolleyes: Everyone is always welcome back. :w00t: ;)

45383[/snapback]

I have a look from time to time, but it's not what it used to be. Boring, bland, and dull.

45375[/snapback]

45383[/snapback]

I have a look from time to time, but it's not what it used to be. Boring, bland, and dull.

45422[/snapback]

As I have said on TB, it is flat as a pancake at the moment. :unsure::huh::o;)

Archived