Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
breadandcheese

Never thought we were considered like this

Read this in today's Times. Jokes on him, we're not in the Premier League. :cry:

McCarthy itching to show worth after seven years' wait

By James Ducker

Our correspondent on the striker trying to fill Craig Bellamy’s boots at Blackburn

IT WAS a case of seventh time lucky for Benni McCarthy when he secured a move to the Barclays Premiership in the summer. “For seven years in a row I wanted to come to England,†the South Africa forward said yesterday. “Every year I got one foot through the door, only to have it slammed in my face.

“It got to the stage where I thought I’d go anywhere in England, even to a team like Leicester City.â€Â

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,...2402989,00.html

Read this in today's Times. Jokes on him, we're not in the Premier League. :cry:

By James Ducker

Our correspondent on the striker trying to fill Craig Bellamy’s boots at Blackburn

IT WAS a case of seventh time lucky for Benni McCarthy when he secured a move to the Barclays Premiership in the summer. “For seven years in a row I wanted to come to England,†the South Africa forward said yesterday. “Every year I got one foot through the door, only to have it slammed in my face.

“It got to the stage where I thought I’d go anywhere in England, even to a team like Leicester City.â€Â

It says he meant no disrespect but it isn't a nice comment!

By James Ducker

:mad:

well it proves how desperate he was to end up in one of the biggest sh it holes in the country in Blackburn!! I mean he can't seriously travel to work every day thinking..... I am glad I gave up life in Porto of of the nicest cities in Europe to come here to Blackburn who cares about the wonderfull scenary and weather, it's my dream to play in a poverty stricken dirty, shit hole!!!

well it proves how desperate he was to end up in one of the biggest sh it holes in the country in Blackburn!! I mean he can't seriously travel to work every day thinking..... I am glad I gave up life in Porto of of the nicest cities in Europe to come here to Blackburn who cares about the wonderfull scenary and weather, it's my dream to play in a poverty stricken dirty, shit hole!!!

:whistle: :laugh:

Hey I take it as a compliment, if he would consider joining us.

He's jsut saying he wouldn't have minded playing in the championship and we were the team that stood out most :D

I'd like to take it like that, but it really is an insult. He could of said anyone below us like Forest :P

blackburn is nice though

Not amused. Well I am slightly. But it's quite insulting at the same time :mad: . Tongue-in-cheek one would have to guess..? :unsure::rolleyes:

And Blackburn is nice?? Been there once and absolutely hated it. No disrespect to anybody living in Blackburn but I couldn't wait to leave - even to get back to Leicester :P

Archived