Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Reading v Chelsea

Recommended Posts

Posted

The thing is it thought the first one didn't look that bad - now he's fractured his skull, Cudicini's looked horrible.

Hope they both recover well, two world class goalies.

Posted

He could play for England ya know.

I don't think that's right personally. You got to have at least some link with a country, i.e Family member, birthplace. Not just lived there for five years. Almunia was on about it aswell but I'd rather have James than him :P

Posted

what a load of rubbish, both were complete accidents with no intent on either challenge.

Sonko was years late. Having seen photo footage of the challenge I can only conclude the reason he didn't see red was because the ref was watching the ball and hence didn't see him.

I'll look with interest to see what the FA thinks about it.

Posted

I think Jose's comments on the matter were pretty much over the top as per usual. Fair enough in the heat of the moment, but to then continue after seeing the video and to make claims that Hunt tried to injure the player on purpose is daft.

It was a very unfortunate incident, but there is no way it was intentional.

Posted

The more I hear statements from Joes Mourinho, I seem to hate him more!!

From BBC Footy.. Mourinho claims are denied by NHS

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has criticised the time it took for an ambulance to arrive for Petr Cech after the goalkeeper fractured his skull.

Mourinho claimed it took 30 minutes to get Cech from the dressing room to an ambulance at Reading on Saturday and was upset he was taken in a wheelchair.

However, a South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman told BBC Five Live that it took seven minutes.

He also said a Chelsea doctor had made the decision not to use a stretcher.

Mourinho says Chelsea will be making an official complaint about the incident, calling it "a real nightmare".

But Five Live sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar said: "We understand from the ambulance trust it was Chelsea's doctor who asked for the ambulance to be called when he realised Cech's condition was perhaps more serious than may at first have been the assessment.

"At 5.45pm it was decided that an ambulance should be called. It arrived at 5.52 - seven minutes after the call was made - and at 11 minutes past six he was in hospital.

"So 26 minutes after the call was made to the ambulance, he actually arrived in hospital."

Cech was taken off the pitch on a stretcher but transported to the ambulance in a wheelchair.

Mourinho criticised this but Farquhar said the ambulance trust said it was a Chelsea doctor who opted to use a wheelchair rathern than a stretcher.

He added: "The Chelsea doctor was offered a choice of two routes to take Cech away from the dressing room.

"He could either go on a stretcher in front of the crowd or put in a wheelchair and taken down in a lift.

"The Chelsea doctor made the decision as to how Petr Cech left the dressing room. He chose that he should go in a wheelchair and use the lift.

"They say there was no medical reason for him necessarily to have gone on a stretcher - that he would have been okay either way."

Earlier Mourinho said: "My goalkeeper was in the dressing room for 30 minutes waiting for an ambulance.

"The ambulance could not go in the direction of the dressing room.

"He could not leave the dressing room properly. He had to go in a wheelchair in the lift when he had the injury.

"He left 30 minutes after my doctor called for an urgent ambulance.

"If my goalkeeper dies in that dressing room or in the process it is something English football has to think about.

"This is much more important than football. I would like someone to tell me why my goalkeeper was left in this situation."

Posted

The more I hear statements from Joes Mourinho, I seem to hate him more!!

From BBC Footy.. Mourinho claims are denied by NHS

etc...

He's a prat.

I'm not sure I can take him seriously anymore. Furthermore, I think people will just stop listening to him. Either that or the red-tops will rev up for an all-out hate campaign against him in due course.

I'm not sure I even rate him as a manager. Winning the Prem is a piece of piss when you have his squad. He's failed to entertain us footballing-wise over the last two years. He's spent so many millions its embarrassing, but his sides rarely win in style. And he's fluffed his lines in Europe for the last two years as well.

I even find him more charmless and sour than Ferguson, and that's going some (despite the fact he speaks better English than Fergie!).

Time to shut up, or ship out, Jose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...