Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Centre-back pairing

Which two do you go for?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Now that McAuley has made an impression

• Kisnorbo & McCarthy
    • Kisnorbo & McAuley
    • McAuley & McCarthy

If Mc Auley keeps up his current form against Palace and Villa he'll be VERY difficult to displace.

I agree. We've had an upturn in results recently and we need to look at why that is and keep the in-form players in. It's not permanent, so fi Kisnorbo has to take to the bench for a while or even McCarthy then so be it. I much prefer players being picked on merit than being picked on past reputations, especially when your doing fairly well. Obviously there comes a time when players are replaced or reseted, etc but McAuley has impressed me alot over the past few games and I think he offers us something the two Paddy's don't. His presence as a towering defender must intimidate the opposition.

I still rate Kisnorbo massively though as a centre half, but McCarthy and McAuley have also shown they are decent at this level.

well i do think kisnorbo has shown he can do a fab job my Mcarthy, however i think Mcauley has done a fab job since he has been in there so its harsh 2 drop him! any of the mentioned pairings would suit me!

cant beleive paddy mc has been slated though, he is a great captain extremely passionate about football and the club i think!

It will be interesting when McAuley comes up against a defender with real pace. If Hume was up against McAuley, i'd imagine Hume would get the better of him most of the time. But for now, McAuley has done too well to drop him. :thumbup:

what a great position to be in. 3 quality centre backs. plus of course nissa, kenton, stearman who are all capable in that position.

kisnorbo and skipper seem to have developed a good partnership, so i'll stick with them, but i won't be complaining if he selects different.

It will be interesting when McAuley comes up against a defender with real pace. If Hume was up against McAuley, i'd imagine Hume would get the better of him most of the time. But for now, McAuley has done too well to drop him. :thumbup:

Well if Scowcroft and Kuqi start for palace pace shouldn't be a problem :)

If Mc Auley keeps up his current form against Palace and Villa he'll be VERY difficult to displace.

Can't say I disagree with that meself, which will please lwicd in particular. McAuley is looking very impressive and he's doing the business whilst McCarthy is injured and when Kisnorbo was banned. But I just have to feel that RK would love to revert to the two Paddys when they were both available.

Can't say I disagree with that meself, which will please lwicd in particular. McAuley is looking very impressive and he's doing the business whilst McCarthy is injured and when Kisnorbo was banned. But I just have to feel that RK would love to revert to the two Paddys when they were both available.

:yesyes::jump::scarf::banana:

I'm immensely pleased. :D

And it doesn't scare me or send shivers down me spine as it once would have :D

That's because his replacement is quite possibly the greatest CB in this league. :ph34r:

Surely you cannae drop Kisbers?

He's arguably our best player.

true but while he has bin out Mcauley has being arguably our best player. tough descsion i chose McCarthy and Kisnoro.

:yesyes::jump::scarf::banana:

I'm immensely pleased. :D

That's because his replacement is quite possibly the greatest CB in this league. :ph34r:

I wouldn't say that just atm. He's not played enough games to even attempt to make a claim for that lol, and as much as I like to agree with you and keep you on my team, you're WRONG this time :D:P

:nono:

You're dropped from MY team. ;)

:laugh: bugger! I'd reinstate me or I'll have the special branch of the FP after you matey :) And if that happens you will neither hear nor see McAuley do anything for us for the rest of the season :P;)

He's a good player and he could well be one of the best defenders in the league if he plays more games and is highly consistent throughout.. :yesyes:

:laugh: bugger! I'd reinstate me or I'll have the special branch of the FP after you matey :) And if that happens you will neither hear nor see McAuley do anything for us for the rest of the season :P;)

He's a good player and he could well be one of the best defenders in the league if he plays more games and is highly consistent throughout.. :yesyes:

With McCarthy out again, he'll extend his run of games once more. That'll be 5 in a row. We're unbeaten in the 4 league games he's played.

Hmmmm. ;)

With McCarthy out again, he'll extend his run of games once more. That'll be 5 in a row. We're unbeaten in the 4 league games he's played.

Hmmmm. ;)

80% success rate - very impressive :yesyes::thumbup:

But it isn't a high enough amount of games to call him the best, or one of the best defenders in the league :P

Maybe if he'd played more games and his success rate was similar to that I'd think you had a case :)

He's obviously stated a case and has gone out to give Kelly a headache with selection but despite his impressive performances you a can't really say he's done enough to justify splitting up the established duo at this stage. Give him a few more games, a few substitute appearances when all 3 are fit and assess him then with the benefit of comparison over 90 mins. If anything it'll give Kisnorbo and McCarthy rocket to let them know their places aren't assured and provide good cover in case of injury. What a lovely positon to be in.

Archived