Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

FOXESTALK FM CHALLENGE 1

SOUTHERN PRIDE

As you know, Southampton and Portsmouth are bitter rivals. Your job will be to take over at one of these clubs. The challenge shall consist of 3 seasons, and obviously the aim is to do better than the enemy.

Base Scoring..

Your points total, plus the following scenarios you achieved...

Premiership 1st = 100 points

Premiership 2nd = 75 Points

Premiership 3rd = 50 Points

Premiership 4th = 40 Points

Relegated = -50 points

Championship Promotion = 40 points

FA Cup = 50 points

FA Cup Runners Up = 25 points

League Cup Winners = 40 points

League Cup Runners Up = 20 points

UEFA Cup Winners = 100 points

UEFA Cup Runners Up = 75 points

Champions League Winners = 200 points

Champions League Runners Up = 150 points

Super Cup = 50 Points

Charity Shield = 30 Points

(E.g. You finish 4th, with 72 points, come runners up in the FA Cup, and win the League Cup = 177 base points)

Derby specials...

- Each league derby win shall be 10 points plus the amount of goals you score, and minus the amount you conceed. (e.g. Win 4-1, you shall gain 13 points)

- Each league derby loss shall be a 10 point deduction minus the amount of goals you conceed, plus the amount you score. (e.g. Lose 2-1, you lose 11 points)

- For every league position higher you finish over your rivals, you gain 20 points. (e.g. You finish 10th, your rivals finish 17th, you gain 140 points)

- For every league position lower you finish below your rivals, you lose 20 points. (e.g. You finish 16th, your enemy finishes 15th, you lose 20 points)

Get sacked and the challenge is over.

After each season you shall be required to post a post with links to screenshots of...

- The final League table

- Both south coast derby matches

- Transfers in and out screen

- Screenshots of the final of each tournament you reach

The deadline for your results is January 31st 2005

There shall be a league table formed at the end of this. I'm currently working on a scoring system for that now.

Good luck everyone :)

And please be honest.

Great idea Craig, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. I've only just finished my 2nd season after about 6 weeks, there's no way I have enough time on my hands to finish 3 seasons by the end of January.

I would be barred from entering in any case because the 5.02 patch doesn't work on my [illegally downloaded] version of FM. :(

First 3 games...

Man Utd 4 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 0 - 3 Arsenal

Everton 0 - 1 Southampton

Pompey are about 10 places higher at the moment :rolleyes:

46436[/snapback]

Terrible luck getting the first 2 fixtures like that. Althuogh I reckon FM is fixed cos in my first season in the Prem I had Arsenal away and ManU home as the first 2 games. ;)

First 3 games...

Man Utd 4 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 0 - 3 Arsenal

Everton 0 - 1 Southampton

Pompey are about 10 places higher at the moment :rolleyes:

46436[/snapback]

Terrible luck getting the first 2 fixtures like that. Althuogh I reckon FM is fixed cos in my first season in the Prem I had Arsenal away and ManU home as the first 2 games. ;)

46439[/snapback]

Morales really low, and we've just lost home to Fulham 0-3. Dunno whats going wrong :blink:

Gunna have to change it about a bit, cos Pompey away on tv is next :unsure:

I have finished my first season with Southampton finishing 8th, and Pompey finishing 16th. I can't upload my pics at the minute, I will do it tomorrow. I only got to the semi finals of the league cup before being knocked out. I also won 2-0 against Pompey and lost 4-3 against them in the return fixture, I bought in quite a few players. And Man Utd bought Beattie of me for £20.5 million, so I snapped their hands off when they made the bid. Only 2 seasons to go. Looking forward to it. I have a total of 221 points I think after my first season. Not bad I thought. B)

I have finished my first season with Southampton finishing 8th, and Pompey finishing 16th. I can't upload my pics at the minute, I will do it tomorrow. I only got to the semi finals of the league cup before being knocked out. I also won 2-0 against Pompey and lost 4-3 against them in the return fixture, I bought in quite a few players. And Man Utd bought Beattie of me for £20.5 million, so I snapped their hands off when they made the bid. Only 2 seasons to go. Looking forward to it. I have a total of 221 points I think after my first season. Not bad I thought. B)

46450[/snapback]

Just lost 1-5 away to Portsmouth :unsure:

1-1 After 70 minutes, thought i'd go all out for the win. within 4 minutes it was 4-1 :rolleyes:

Gunna get sacked soon if this continues :unsure:

lol@Craig!

Great job, keep up the good work!  lol  :P  :D  :laugh:  :w00t:

46455[/snapback]

Just made a really bid decision. Sold Beattie for £7m on deadline day and bought...

Marco Streller (23 year old swiss striker)

Sunday Oliseh

Mark Kennedy

Phillipe Christianval

Daniel Bierofka (German Left/Right Winger)

Christiano Zanetti

Hakin Yakin

All were on the transfer list, Zanetti being the most expensive at 2.3m

:huh: Only time will tell whether this gamble pays off :unsure:

damn those pics are small!! :blink:

Sacked. Challenge over for me.  :(

46851[/snapback]

Can't say I'm surprised after the start you had. I guess things didn't improve then? What was your record before you got sacked?

46851[/snapback]

Can't say I'm surprised after the start you had. I guess things didn't improve then? What was your record before you got sacked?

46880[/snapback]

Something like played 24, won 5, drew 3, lost the rest.

We were just starting to play well aswell <_<

I deserved it though.

46851[/snapback]

46880[/snapback]

Something like played 24, won 5, drew 3, lost the rest.

We were just starting to play well aswell <_<

I deserved it though.

46888[/snapback]

Wigley in disguise ? :ph34r:

Archived