Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

An opinion from a Leeds fan...

From the LUFC Website:

United caretaker manager John Carver responded to Saturday's 4-0 defeat at the hands of Stoke City by making four changes to his starting line-up.

Stephen Crainey replaced Alan Wright at left-back, the loan man suffering a calf injury during the Potters loss, and Ian Moore came in for Ian Westlake in midfield with Jonathan Douglas moving from the right flank to a central role.

Richard Cresswell was handed his first start since February, in place of the injured Geoff Horsfield, while Carver also gave a debut to 19-year-old left winger Adam Johnson. The loan man, from Middlesbrough, replaced Eddie Lewis, whose wife gave birth to a baby boy earlier in the day.

Leeds started brightly with a clever back heel from Cresswell which was blocked and the follow up shot from David Healy came close but his blasted effort was deflected into Conrad Logan's arms.

United looked positive going forward in the opening exchanges but it was Leicester who came the closest with a 25 yard effort from Elvis Hammond which flew just over Sullivan's bar.

Elvis Hammond had another good opportunity after neatly turning Kilgallon on the edge of the box before firing his shot high over the bar again but the game was still evenly poised as the Whites continued to have the lions share of the possesion.

Disaster struck again as Danny Tiatto fired Leicester ahead in the 29th minute when the ball fell to him 7 yards out with a left foot volley into the top right hand corner of the net leaving Sullivan with no chance.

Leeds tried to move the ball about with purpose and it almost paid off when David Healy found himself with time and space to turn and shot from distance which Logan could only parry wide.

The last chance of the first 45 minutes fell Leicester's way when Gareth McAuley saw his headed effort rebound off the top of Sullivan's bar from a corner kick that United managed to scramble clear before Mr Webster blew the whistle to signal the end of the half.

Leeds were living dangerously when Sullivan tried to claim a high ball in a crowded penalty area but he fumbled his catch and the resulting shot had to be cleared off the line by Shaun Derry.

Just what Leeds didn't need was Matthew Kilgallon getting sent off . But the defender saw red for bringing down Elvis Hammond after the Leicester man ran clear latching onto an Ian Hume through ball which beat the offside trap. The free kick was saved by Suillvan, diving to his left to turn the ball away.

Leicester turned the tables as they applied the pressure on the ten men of Leeds, coming close with a goal mouth scamble, the ball eventually falling for Iain Hume 6 yards out but Sullivan was equal to the shot pushing the ball out before being cleared by the United defence.

A patient passing build up saw United's Shaun Derry hit a teasing sweet strike from 20 yards, the ball however fizzed passed the farside upright but only missing by a few inches.

However United felt they had got back onto level terms when a Robbie Blake header appeared to be cleared by a Leicester defender from well over his own goal-line. The assistant referee disagreed, though, despite the protestations of the United players.

And moments later it appeared to be all over when Iain Hume was given the time and the space to convert a routine chance to double the visitors advantage.

Finally Leeds managed to make their pressure count for something as the powerful skipper, Butler did well to get his head onto a free kick which he planted back across the face of the goal to give United a life line.

A nail biting finish to the end of the game as depleted Leeds pushed forward in search of the equalizer but in doing so gaps began to appear at the back and deep into injury time Sullivan pulled off an uncovential save with his legs but Leicester should have put the game beyond all doubt.

John Carver and his team might well feel slightly hard done by at the end of the game as replays have since shown that Robbie Blakes header deffinetley went over the line but the match ends in defeat.

Did the person who wrote this have his/her eyes closed or was watching a different game?

Hume's free kick wasn't saved my Sullivan, it hit the outside of the bottom right hand post so how could he have dived left and saved it?

And Sullivan's save from 6yds out went out for a corner, not cleared by defence!!

Being picky now but I hate it when reporters/journos/whatever can't write an accurate report which is what they are paid to do

Did the person who wrote this have his/her eyes closed or was watching a different game?

Hume's free kick wasn't saved my Sullivan, it hit the outside of the bottom right hand post so how could he have dived left and saved it?

And Sullivan's save from 6yds out went out for a corner, not cleared by defence!!

Being picky now but I hate it when reporters/journos/whatever can't write an accurate report which is what they are paid to do

my report would have been "Leicester were good, leeds were balls. There were some goals too". do you think i could get a job in journalism? its a more accurate picture than that article

From the evidence above it appears that some of them can barely write!

Or have they been following the example set by a certain local hack who (allegedly) often takes considerable liquid refreshment before compile reports?

my report would have been "Leicester were good, leeds were balls. There were some goals too". do you think i could get a job in journalism? its a more accurate picture than that article

I reckon anyone could get a job as a journo if all you do is blag your way through!!

I reckon anyone could get a job as a journo if all you do is blag your way through!!

oi easy i'm at uni studying sports journo :P

i think we only just about deserved our win, as soon as they went down to 10 men i thought we lost the plot a bit!

2 very good and well taken goals on our part and yes we could have scored more but i just think that our football was no where near as good as it was on sat

oi easy i'm at uni studying sports journo :P

i think we only just about deserved our win, as soon as they went down to 10 men i thought we lost the plot a bit!

2 very good and well taken goals on our part and yes we could have scored more but i just think that our football was no where near as good as it was on sat

Thats a better review than that entire Leeds rubbish!! :D

Archived