Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Is it coincidence

Its nice for Elvis to get a bit of praise for a change..... It seems only a couple of weeks ago he was the biggest donkey on the park and the worst player ever to pull on the blue and white jersey :whistle::whistle:

Surely in the end it has to be remembered that this is in the main a very young team and they will all suffer from a lack of form and confidence in what is a very tough league....

It's a continual cycle.

One month he's the dogs bollocks, the next he's just bollocks. :ph34r:

Seems people can't (don't want to?) make their minds up about our Hammond.

One thing, you can't fault his effort, the guy runs and runs and runs, I often wonder if a broken leg would stop him or not. :P

It's a continual cycle.

One thing, you can't fault his effort, the guy runs and runs and runs, I often wonder if a broken leg would stop him or not. :P

This could be said of most players; especially in this league. If they were consistenly great, they would be playing in the Premiership.

This could be said of most players; especially in this league. If they were consistenly great, they would be playing in the Premiership.

Some of our players do play consistently well. Kisnorbo's run of games at CB last season were top class. It supposedly aroused the likes of Birmingham - it even stirred the board to offer him an improved contract. And not many months previously, he'd be slagged off by almost every city fan for being w/nk.

Now people stick by him no matter what, and he's not had a bad game at CB yet, really.

If he keeps that up this year, me may be premiership bound at some point. :o

Some of our players do play consistently well. Kisnorbo's run of games at CB last season were top class. It supposedly aroused the likes of Birmingham - it even stirred the board to offer him an improved contract. And not many months previously, he'd be slagged off by almost every city fan for being w/nk.

Now people stick by him no matter what, and he's not had a bad game at CB yet, really.

Hopefully with us

fryatts a good striker but on present form its got to be hammond and hume , at least until either a dip in form or injury.

seems we have the front pegged , though you can never have enough strikers :) and we have the back sorted too.

the midfield has been better of late though it is still the weakest element of the team at present.

I did say some not all players. I'd be hard pressed to name many more in our squad and similarly for the league. I agree if he maintains that form he won't stay in this league and so this league will be one of inconsistant players.

It's a continual cycle.

No chance! And there's a message there. Ignoring their footballing limitations, having irrepressible players like Elvis, Tiatto, Hume, McCarthy, Kisnorbo always gives the team energy and commitment, always gives you a chance. Their determination also rubs off on others - at least some of the others!

Hammond and Hyoom took the pi55 against a POOR Leeds back line, they were totally square and VERY immobile, they beat them for pace with both the ball over the top or playing off the shoulder, also attacking from a Midfield worked for them as Leeds were very slow in the centre of the park. never tracked across or back...

it was brilliant to watch, but I wonder how effective Hammond would be against a more resilient defence..

also I would like to have a shout for Nisse. He was solid last night, In fact ALL the back 4 were great..

Hammond and Hyoom took the pi55 against a POOR Leeds back line, they were totally square and VERY immobile, they beat them for pace with both the ball over the top or playing off the shoulder, also attacking from a Midfield worked for them as Leeds were very slow in the centre of the park. never tracked across or back...

it was brilliant to watch, but I wonder how effective Hammond would be against a more resilient defence..

also I would like to have a shout for Nisse. He was solid last night, In fact ALL the back 4 were great..

If we continue to play with two wingers and they drag defenders apart, Hammond can find those gaps. I've not seen any defendrs fast enough to stop Elvis (with Hume) in this League providing we have the proper supporting players to feed the ball and help make the space.

Archived