Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Is it coincidence

What you get from Hume and Hammond is pace and fight. They contest everything.

Fryatt can work hard but he's not especially fast and not especially persistent. I just feel Hume and Hammond are what we've needed with the lack of a creative midfield. They feed on scraps better than Fryatt.

That said I think there are all sorts of factors to consider either way, none of which would make a conclusive argument.

What you get from Hume and Hammond is pace and fight. They contest everything.

Fryatt can work hard but he's not especially fast and not especially persistent. I just feel Hume and Hammond are what we've needed with the lack of a creative midfield. They feed on scraps better than Fryatt.

That said I think there are all sorts of factors to consider either way, none of which would make a conclusive argument.

id like to see hume play just behind fryatt and hammond we've certainly missed him (for what ever reason he was dropped)

Conrad is looking an assured number one.

Hume and Hammond are so much quicker than Fryatt and seme to work more which like Thracian says it what scares defenders, Fryatt is best at feeding off scraps, a goal poacher.

One of the yardsticks I use is to consider who I'd rather mark. Fryatt would have to be watched but he doesn't have blistering pace or strength, you'd just have to stay concentrated, study his tricks and keep your wits about you.

With Hammond his speed and strength would be a nightmare to deal with. You'd know that in certain circumstances you wouldn't stand a chance. That, I believe, is what defenders find. And having another quick terrier alongside him makes life even more difficult for people who are usually the slowest in the opposition teams.

Fryatt has been out last 2 games and we've score 5 and beaten 2 dificult teams!?

Great minds think alike. I was thinking just the same last night. It does seem a bit strange how we've nearly doubled our goals scored since Fryatt's been out. Put it this way,i wont be sending any get well messages

One of the yardsticks I use is to consider who I'd rather mark. Fryatt would have to be watched but he doesn't have blistering pace or strength, you'd just have to stay concentrated, study his tricks and keep your wits about you.

With Hammond his speed and strength would be a nightmare to deal with. You'd know that in certain circumstances you wouldn't stand a chance. That, I believe, is what defenders find. And having another quick terrier alongside him makes life even more difficult for people who are usually the slowest in the opposition teams.

Last night sounded like Elvis Hammonds ideal game, the Leeds full backs were attempting to get forward at every oppurtunity (AKA the Thracian model) meaning he could get down the channels and round the back of CB's with ease. A situation like this probabley led up to Kilgalon getting his marching orders.

Serves em right for not admitting he was offside last year.

I guarantee that if you marked Fryatt you would get no where near him(Considering your age!). His touch is a million times better than Hammond and his movement is clever. People seem to forget that last season his goals were a breath of fresh air.

Last night sounded like Elvis Hammonds ideal game, the Leeds full backs were attempting to get forward at every oppurtunity (AKA the Thracian model) meaning he could get down the channels and round the back of CB's with ease. A situation like this probabley led up to Kilgalon getting his marching orders.

Serves em right for not admitting he was offside last year.

Leeds' great team of the past had a tradition of getting forward from full-back - the point was when they did, someone provided cover and they had that vital element for such an approach, organisation!. Attacking full-backs are vital. Kamikaze pilots are not! :whistle:

Great minds think alike. I was thinking just the same last night. It does seem a bit strange how we've nearly doubled our goals scored since Fryatt's been out. Put it this way,i wont be sending any get well messages

i wouldnt call it strange, his miss against colchester was shocking. i hope he is just low on confidence and hasn't been hit with the Ade stick. elvis and hume is the way forward for now, and if him and o'gravy want to prove themselves as subs and come on and score, there'd be no complaints

The great thing about having Hammond up front is he creates something out of nothing and keeps the defence under pressure for a longer period of time compared to when Fryatt is up front.

Fryatt is still on course to be a first class striker in my opinion. If Fryatt had played in the last 2 games with the chances that have come our way i'm sure we'd be raving about him again. I know that's almost impossible to predict as Hammond has had a hand in the build up to our goals but our play seems alot more positive and the strikers are getting involved more.

I can't wait for Matty to get back fit, last season showed why he's so highly regarded.

The great thing about having Hammond up front is he creates something out of nothing and keeps the defence under pressure for a longer period of time compared to when Fryatt is up front.

Hammond has his uses but in front of goal he's dreadful. It's a good job Hume has been on fire recently otherwise we'd perhaps not be this excited about the 'new partnership'. Fryatt created alot of out of nothing last season, his time will come again.

on recent form elvis would get a first team place ahead of fryatt. matty is a good player but so far this season he has scored against sunderland and not done alot more. elvis has shown in the last 2 games he is a threat. while he isn't scoring goals he still does things, which fryatt hasn't

Hammond has his uses but in front of goal he's dreadful. It's a good job Hume has been on fire recently otherwise we'd perhaps not be this excited about the 'new partnership'. Fryatt created alot of out of nothing last season, his time will come again.

Hammond's starting to get more shots in judging by last night's performance and when a few go in, the same as with Hume and Fryatt, his confidence will grow. The big thing for all City's striker's is for the supporting players to get decent balls through to them.

Fryatt is still on course to be a first class striker in my opinion. If Fryatt had played in the last 2 games with the chances that have come our way i'm sure we'd be raving about him again. I know that's almost impossible to predict as Hammond has had a hand in the build up to our goals but our play seems alot more positive and the strikers are getting involved more.

I can't wait for Matty to get back fit, last season showed why he's so highly regarded.

Agree completely. Fryatt has the football brain and technical ability that Elivs lacks.

Fryatt has been out last 2 games and we've score 5 and beaten 2 dificult teams!?

It's a bit of everything to be honest we only seem to have one game plan when Fryatt is in the starting line up and thats get the ball to him at all cost.

Without him we are starting to play as a team which means hard work and when the players see the fruits of their labour it gives them more confidence.

So upwards and onwards I say :scarf:

At their best Fryatt is miles better than Hammond.

Fryatt has better technical abillity.....Hammond the Pace

But must admit he's doing a good job at the mo, hope he carry's on the good work

......but is technical ability what's required to get us results in this league?

I'm not sure it is to be honest :unsure:

I keep hearing about Fryatt being a battler and that he runs his socks off, but he's paid to score goals and score goals he's not been doing so a spell on the subs bench when he's fit won't do him any harm at all.

Its nice for Elvis to get a bit of praise for a change..... It seems only a couple of weeks ago he was the biggest donkey on the park and the worst player ever to pull on the blue and white jersey :whistle::whistle:

Surely in the end it has to be remembered that this is in the main a very young team and they will all suffer from a lack of form and confidence in what is a very tough league....

agree with some comments made about hume playing just behind hammond and fryatt, hammond opens up the defence with his pace and that can leave hume and fryatt to come in hopefully with the pace of hammond and hume this means that fryatt might score a few more as he will be given more time and space to score which is what he needs

Archived