Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davieG

October Fans Forum, Tickets, Kit, Band, Kop etc

Recommended Posts

OCTOBER FANS CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image Written by LCFC Official Minutes Friday, 20 October 2006 Minutes of Meeting held on 5th October 2006

Agenda items 1-3 & attendees are at the foot of this piece

4. Matters arising:Lindley Catering had been asked to provide a healthy option for half time snacks and they are considering sandwiches as an additional healthy choice. The South Stand beer pump offering a quicker pouring is in full operation.

The loyalty scheme will start on the 18th November.

5. Andrew Taylor

Andrew stated that he had two areas to report on, our financial status and ticket prices.On the financial status AT confirmed that we were looking for new streams of investment. The company has had working capital issues since administration and this has obviously been made more apparent as we have now lost our parachute payment. One of AT’s objectives is to raise further investment in the Club and he is meeting and talking to potential investors, whilst ensuring that we are operating in the best of intentions for the Club, its fans and its shareholders.

On ticket prices we accept that football is an expensive pastime and we are therefore doing selected offers in order to reduce the price and attract more people into the stadium. We are doing all we can to drive the business forward and CT will continue to come up with more offers to attract people to the stadium. He confirmed that over the season our season ticket holders will always get the best deal. ....

6. Ticket pricing and offers

The club has been offering various promotional offers and deals to both season ticket holders and match ticket buyers for forthcoming games. This has been done to increase numbers at home games and to try to tempt old fans & new fans to the stadium. TD asked for opinions on this. Kev Bunney said that he thought that it was a good idea. Linda Barron said that we would not have this problem if the football was entertaining on the pitch. She also stated that she had only received good and encouraging reports about the ticket offers. TD confirmed that over the course of the season, season ticket holders will always get the best deal. Damian Finney suggested that we do offers on the more attractive games as well as the not so attractive ones.On the whole everyone though that the offers were a good deal and understood the reason behind them.

7. Roadshows

TD explained that we wanted to take the club out into the local towns and county and asked for ideas and comments. Alan Digby said that he though it would be good to have roadshow’s in satellite towns such as Loughborough and Coalville etc, Simon Winfield added that we should also include towns closer to Leicester such as Wigston and Oadby, Nick Fordyce suggested that we note when fetes and festivals are taking place and to have a presence there, Raj Kumar suggested targeting leisure centres & Simon Winfield suggested Sunday league football teams.

8. Stadium Configuration

AN explained the background to the stadium configuration. Since the new stadium has been built there have been no major changes to the location of supporters. As part of a consultation process views are being sought to see if there would be a better way to configure the stadium. There are several options:- Move the kop to the family stand and vice versa, - Move the away fans between the kop and east stand, - Reduce the back rows from around the whole stadium, - Put in a community corner where sales are low, - Leave it as it is

All of these options were discussed and due to consideration given to all our supporters. Any relocation of away supporters would have to discussed with the Police and Safety Advisory Group. Although there were a number of different opinions expressed including how supporters are located effecting the atmosphere within the stadium no firm proposal was established.

However there was general feeling of acceptance for ‘community’ tickets in a designated area.

9. Supporters Band

TD stated that the website vote was 55% in favour of organising a band and asked for opinions.It was felt that match atmosphere was an important and different views were expressed as to when and if a band should be organised. We have several empty areas around the ground for home games and there may be an opportunity to trial it to gauge how successful it would be.There was then a general conversation about half time entertainment including The Foxlot presentation. TD explained the fact that we currently had contractual obligations to fulfil.

10 & 11. 2007-2008 Season Tickets and Kit

TD stated that we would like some volunteers to join two sub-committees to assist the club with next season’s options.TD asked for any comments at this stage re season tickets/kit.Everyone agreed that it would be a good idea to have a monthly direct debit scheme for people to buy their season tickets.

12. Foxlot

Linda Barron asked if maybe the promotions girls could perhaps be organised differently and be grouped at the turnstiles so that you were not approached each time you took a few steps.TD confirmed that the discussions were currently taking place with FoxLot regarding a number of issues.

13. Any Other Business

Andy Gubbins, Secretary of LCFC Disabled Supporters Association (LCFC DSA) noted that a female steward in G1 called Jo, was exceptional in her job. She had often looked after one of the disabled supporters who had recently passed away. Jo had not only sent a card and flowers to the family but also attended his funeral and put a piece in the paper from the stewards here at LCFC. Andy wanted this exceptional service noting.

AT stated that at a later date he needed to discuss with the LCFC DSA the possibility of moving the wheelchair spaces so that they did not cover the sponsorship boards so that we could maximise the value of club sponsorships.

AN stated that we were constantly looking at the relationship between the fans and stewards and reflected on how the inter reaction was generally working, Kev Bunney stated that unless you were causing trouble then you would/should have no need to encounter a steward, Raj Kumar noted that the stewards were fine but the police were over zealous and indeed created more problems sometimes, for example at the Southend game there was a line of police around L1 which simply caused more friction than was needed. Damien Finney noted that it was better to use stewards as the fans could get to know these people and situations are resolved a lot easier than the police wading in.

Damien Finney noted that there needs to be more signage around the stadium on the rules of smoking and indicating the areas outside the stadium where smoking is allowed.

14. Next Meeting To be confirmed.

In attendance: Tim Davies, Andrew Taylor, Andrew Neville, Darren Bernstein – Football League, Chris Tinbergen, Peter Jones, Linda Barron, Ellen Bale, Raj Kumar, Andy Gubbins, Kevin Bunney, Andy Wilford, Chris Gubbins, Alan Digby, Simon Winfield, Kevin Bourgault, Nick Fordyce, Damian Finney, Sara Ainge, Linda Ainge, Carey York for minutes

1. Tim Davies welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced the visitors to the meeting, namely Darren Bernstein –Customer Services Manager from the Football League and LCFC supporters Damian Finney, Nick Fordyce, Sara Ainge and Linda Ainge.

2. Apologies for absence had been received from Lisa Hunt, Steve Robertshaw and Cliff Ginetta.

3. The minutes of the previous meeting were confirmed as a true and correct record.

Last Updated ( Thursday, 19 October 2006 )

From the Foxes Trust Site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCTOBER FANS CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE <img src="http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/images/M_images/pdf_button.png" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /> <img src="http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/images/M_images/printButton.png" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /> <img src="http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/images/M_images/emailButton.png" border="0" alt="IPB Image" /> Written by LCFC Official Minutes Friday, 20 October 2006 Minutes of Meeting held on 5th October 2006

Agenda items 1-3 & attendees are at the foot of this piece

4. Matters arising:Lindley Catering had been asked to provide a healthy option for half time snacks and they are considering sandwiches as an additional healthy choice. The South Stand beer pump offering a quicker pouring is in full operation.

The loyalty scheme will start on the 18th November.

5. Andrew Taylor

Andrew stated that he had two areas to report on, our financial status and ticket prices.On the financial status AT confirmed that we were looking for new streams of investment. The company has had working capital issues since administration and this has obviously been made more apparent as we have now lost our parachute payment. One of AT’s objectives is to raise further investment in the Club and he is meeting and talking to potential investors, whilst ensuring that we are operating in the best of intentions for the Club, its fans and its shareholders.

On ticket prices we accept that football is an expensive pastime and we are therefore doing selected offers in order to reduce the price and attract more people into the stadium. We are doing all we can to drive the business forward and CT will continue to come up with more offers to attract people to the stadium. He confirmed that over the season our season ticket holders will always get the best deal. ....

6. Ticket pricing and offers

The club has been offering various promotional offers and deals to both season ticket holders and match ticket buyers for forthcoming games. This has been done to increase numbers at home games and to try to tempt old fans & new fans to the stadium. TD asked for opinions on this. Kev Bunney said that he thought that it was a good idea. Linda Barron said that we would not have this problem if the football was entertaining on the pitch. She also stated that she had only received good and encouraging reports about the ticket offers. TD confirmed that over the course of the season, season ticket holders will always get the best deal. Damian Finney suggested that we do offers on the more attractive games as well as the not so attractive ones.On the whole everyone though that the offers were a good deal and understood the reason behind them.

7. Roadshows

TD explained that we wanted to take the club out into the local towns and county and asked for ideas and comments. Alan Digby said that he though it would be good to have roadshow’s in satellite towns such as Loughborough and Coalville etc, Simon Winfield added that we should also include towns closer to Leicester such as Wigston and Oadby, Nick Fordyce suggested that we note when fetes and festivals are taking place and to have a presence there, Raj Kumar suggested targeting leisure centres & Simon Winfield suggested Sunday league football teams.

8. Stadium Configuration

AN explained the background to the stadium configuration. Since the new stadium has been built there have been no major changes to the location of supporters. As part of a consultation process views are being sought to see if there would be a better way to configure the stadium. There are several options:- Move the kop to the family stand and vice versa, - Move the away fans between the kop and east stand, - Reduce the back rows from around the whole stadium, - Put in a community corner where sales are low, - Leave it as it is

All of these options were discussed and due to consideration given to all our supporters. Any relocation of away supporters would have to discussed with the Police and Safety Advisory Group. Although there were a number of different opinions expressed including how supporters are located effecting the atmosphere within the stadium no firm proposal was established.

However there was general feeling of acceptance for ‘community’ tickets in a designated area.

9. Supporters Band

TD stated that the website vote was 55% in favour of organising a band and asked for opinions.It was felt that match atmosphere was an important and different views were expressed as to when and if a band should be organised. We have several empty areas around the ground for home games and there may be an opportunity to trial it to gauge how successful it would be.There was then a general conversation about half time entertainment including The Foxlot presentation. TD explained the fact that we currently had contractual obligations to fulfil.

10 & 11. 2007-2008 Season Tickets and Kit

TD stated that we would like some volunteers to join two sub-committees to assist the club with next season’s options.TD asked for any comments at this stage re season tickets/kit.Everyone agreed that it would be a good idea to have a monthly direct debit scheme for people to buy their season tickets.

12. Foxlot

Linda Barron asked if maybe the promotions girls could perhaps be organised differently and be grouped at the turnstiles so that you were not approached each time you took a few steps.TD confirmed that the discussions were currently taking place with FoxLot regarding a number of issues.

13. Any Other Business

Andy Gubbins, Secretary of LCFC Disabled Supporters Association (LCFC DSA) noted that a female steward in G1 called Jo, was exceptional in her job. She had often looked after one of the disabled supporters who had recently passed away. Jo had not only sent a card and flowers to the family but also attended his funeral and put a piece in the paper from the stewards here at LCFC. Andy wanted this exceptional service noting.

AT stated that at a later date he needed to discuss with the LCFC DSA the possibility of moving the wheelchair spaces so that they did not cover the sponsorship boards so that we could maximise the value of club sponsorships.

AN stated that we were constantly looking at the relationship between the fans and stewards and reflected on how the inter reaction was generally working, Kev Bunney stated that unless you were causing trouble then you would/should have no need to encounter a steward, Raj Kumar noted that the stewards were fine but the police were over zealous and indeed created more problems sometimes, for example at the Southend game there was a line of police around L1 which simply caused more friction than was needed. Damien Finney noted that it was better to use stewards as the fans could get to know these people and situations are resolved a lot easier than the police wading in.

Damien Finney noted that there needs to be more signage around the stadium on the rules of smoking and indicating the areas outside the stadium where smoking is allowed.

14. Next Meeting To be confirmed.

In attendance: Tim Davies, Andrew Taylor, Andrew Neville, Darren Bernstein – Football League, Chris Tinbergen, Peter Jones, Linda Barron, Ellen Bale, Raj Kumar, Andy Gubbins, Kevin Bunney, Andy Wilford, Chris Gubbins, Alan Digby, Simon Winfield, Kevin Bourgault, Nick Fordyce, Damian Finney, Sara Ainge, Linda Ainge, Carey York for minutes

1. Tim Davies welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced the visitors to the meeting, namely Darren Bernstein –Customer Services Manager from the Football League and LCFC supporters Damian Finney, Nick Fordyce, Sara Ainge and Linda Ainge.

2. Apologies for absence had been received from Lisa Hunt, Steve Robertshaw and Cliff Ginetta.

3. The minutes of the previous meeting were confirmed as a true and correct record.

Last Updated ( Thursday, 19 October 2006 )

From the Foxes Trust Site

Where does Andrew Taylor think disabled supporters should be positioned? Surely where ever they are they'll be covering some form of sponsorship so why can't they just stay where they already are? Just shows once again that it's the business side of things that is more important than the supporters now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where does Andrew Taylor think disabled supporters should be positioned? Surely where ever they are they'll be covering some form of sponsorship so why can't they just stay where they already are?

In front of 'Nottingham' on the East Midlands Airports signs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The St Johns have already been shifted. Shocking.

Tell me about it. They have to use seats in the stands now instead of around the front of the stands and the club will only give St Johns a certain amount of tickets for each match. A couple of seasons ago the club were wanting more St Johns. Now they're limiting the number they'll allow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8. Stadium Configuration

AN explained the background to the stadium configuration. Since the new stadium has been built there have been no major changes to the location of supporters. As part of a consultation process views are being sought to see if there would be a better way to configure the stadium. There are several options:- Move the kop to the family stand and vice versa, - Move the away fans between the kop and east stand, - Reduce the back rows from around the whole stadium, - Put in a community corner where sales are low, - Leave it as it is

All of these options were discussed and due to consideration given to all our supporters. Any relocation of away supporters would have to discussed with the Police and Safety Advisory Group. Although there were a number of different opinions expressed including how supporters are located effecting the atmosphere within the stadium no firm proposal was established.

However there was general feeling of acceptance for ‘community’ tickets in a designated area.

What the chances of this happening, or is it down to the police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Move the kop to the family stand and vice versa, - Move the away fans between the kop and east stand

What the chances of this happening, or is it down to the police

I think the fans (STH's) in these areas would have more of a say. As for moving the away fans, yes the police will stop it, and besides, the stadium has been designed specifically to house away fans in that corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13. Any Other Business

Andy Gubbins, Secretary of LCFC Disabled Supporters Association (LCFC DSA) noted that a female steward in G1 called Jo, was exceptional in her job. She had often looked after one of the disabled supporters who had recently passed away. Jo had not only sent a card and flowers to the family but also attended his funeral and put a piece in the paper from the stewards here at LCFC. Andy wanted this exceptional service noting.

AT stated that at a later date he needed to discuss with the LCFC DSA the possibility of moving the wheelchair spaces so that they did not cover the sponsorship boards so that we could maximise the value of club sponsorships.

I have a good mind to throw my season ticket in Ronald Macdonalds face. What the hell is Taylor playing at.

Disabled people were consulted at the stage when the stadium was being designed. So they should stay put, and they sponsors should go the opposite way and sponsor the disabled supports club

FIAB is Fcking fuming!

AN stated that we were constantly looking at the relationship between the fans and stewards and reflected on how the inter reaction was generally working, Kev Bunney stated that unless you were causing trouble then you would/should have no need to encounter a steward, Raj Kumar noted that the stewards were fine but the police were over zealous and indeed created more problems sometimes, for example at the Southend game there was a line of police around L1 which simply caused more friction than was needed. Damien Finney noted that it was better to use stewards as the fans could get to know these people and situations are resolved a lot easier than the police wading in.

Damien Finney noted that there needs to be more signage around the stadium on the rules of smoking and indicating the areas outside the stadium where smoking is allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In attendance: Tim Davies, Andrew Taylor, Milan Mandaric, Andrew Neville, Darren Bernstein – Football League, Chris Tinbergen, Peter Jones, Linda Barron, Ellen Bale, Raj Kumar, Andy Gubbins, Kevin Bunney, Andy Wilford, Chris Gubbins, Alan Digby, Simon Winfield, Kevin Bourgault, Nick Fordyce, Damian Finney, Sara Ainge, Linda Ainge, Carey York for minutes

:o:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad to hear that the idea of the away supporters next to the kop is still on their mind

no doubt the bloody police wont let us though :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fans (STH's) in these areas would have more of a say. As for moving the away fans, yes the police will stop it, and besides, the stadium has been designed specifically to house away fans in that corner.

The police won't necessarily stop it- they'll just charge us more for policing it (It isn't just up to the Police the Safety Advisory Group would also be involved).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad to hear that the idea of the away supporters next to the kop is still on their mind

no doubt the bloody police wont let us though :mad:

No chance that would mean the away fans walking right round the stadium to get to ther seats and with no correct segregation outside the stadium would surely create tension and possibly violence between the sets of fans. That idea can be scrapped as the police would never allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance that would mean the away fans walking right round the stadium to get to ther seats and with no correct segregation outside the stadium would surely create tension and possibly violence between the sets of fans. That idea can be scrapped as the police would never allow it.

Anywhere on the East or North side is probably feasible - and I would guess was probably built in to the original plans. Of course, it means everyone in the Kop'd coming from Freemens would have to walk the long way round and there's plenty who'd bitch about that extra 200 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Of course, it means everyone in the Kop'd coming from Freemens would have to walk the long way round and there's plenty who'd bitch about that extra 200 yards.
You what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say move the Kop next to away fans. I miss being next to them like i was at filbo :cry:

Ditto - I'd love to see the Kop moved to the away fans so they're sandwiched between the Kop and L1... Would make for a much better atmosphere methinks :yesyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...