Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Rob Kelly forgets who his strikers are

Poor old Elvis Hammond. He runs and runs and runs and his manager goes and forgets his name. :o

Interviewer: Hume's had a strong game, this afternoon, holding the ball up, scoring a penalty ...

Rob Kelly: Yeah, played well. He's played well. He did play well. I thought the other one as welll... [thinking] errrm... you know, I thought Elvis was a real handful.

:laugh:

:doh:

Doesn't surprise me - and he'll drop him too if he ever does an OS interview and makes the mistake of suggesting he's done okay. :whistle:

He might drop him if he continually misses chances which should be put away. :whistle:

I like what Elvis is doing at the minute but you've got to look at him and say he's a striker who finds it impossible to finish chances. Essentially strikers are there to finish off attacking moves. You could have the most attacking full backs and creative central midfielders in the world behind Elvis and I still think he'd struggle to put away one of his chances.

Elvis is a brilliant striker.......until he gets in front of goal. Had chances in all of the last 3 games to score but didn't stick any away. Works hard though and i would still find it hard to drop him because he adds something other than goals.

Elvis is a brilliant striker.......until he gets in front of goal. Had chances in all of the last 3 games to score but didn't stick any away. Works hard though and i would still find it hard to drop him because he adds something other than goals.

I say get Dodds back (a natural finisher, so it's been said) and stick Hammond in Low's place on the right.

He could race up the right flank and head goalwards, if he was told to pass to the right people, we're in luck. ;)

I wouldn't drop him either. Just making the point that if Hume fails to score in a match, people will look to Elvis to contribute goals too. People would have slated Hammond more so than they did anyway if he'd missed those same chances yesterday and we'd lost 1-0.

if Elvis even had 5% more ability he'd be playing in the premiership because hes got what defences hate, pace. Because he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo hes playing for an average championship side

I reckon he'd need more than 5% more ability, simply because of the fact his shooting is more appalling than many people could ever comprehend. He's a striker and he should be hitting the target with most of his shots, and scoring goals as well.

Still though, spot on with the pace thing :)

I reckon he'd need more than 5% more ability, simply because of the fact his shooting is more appalling than many people could ever comprehend. He's a striker and he should be hitting the target with most of his shots, and scoring goals as well.

Still though, spot on with the pace thing :)

maybe i was exaggerating a little bit :thumbup:

Archived