Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Villa Attendance

Rob Kelly's Leicester City side look set to play in front of another bumper crowd when Aston Villa are the visitors to the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday night.

A total of 28,672 supporters crammed into the ground for City's 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday - the highest attendance recorded in the Championship that weekend.

And early signs suggest that there will be another massive crowd at the stadium for the Carling Cup third round tie against Martin O'Neill's men.

A club spokesman said: "We have already sold in excess of 24,000 tickets for the Villa game and it is possible that we will see another attendance topping the 28,000-mark again on Tuesday night.

Is this to do with pricing then???

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~916727,00.html

So that's about 18k City fans then, when you consider 5k official Villa and probably another 1k neutral or Villa sneaking in the home end... Great.

It's not such a bad attendance really (although the club are optimistic if they think we can boost it to 28k, if we're lucky I'd say 25k), plenty of other clubs won't get as much... It's just with all the hype that we expected more.

So that's about 18k City fans then, when you consider 5k official Villa and probably another 1k neutral or Villa sneaking in the home end... Great.

It's not such a bad attendance really (although the club are optimistic if they think we can boost it to 28k, if we're lucky I'd say 25k), plenty of other clubs won't get as much... It's just with all the hype that we expected more.

I agree Louise.

I think that people want to see us win and many are staying away at 20 quid, when you can buy 2 winnable games for 25.

I rekon add another 1.5K

Ticket prices always seems to come down last minute. I got in for a tenner anyway seeing as I'm a student :P

It's just a shame that for a game such as the Villa one with MON coming back, it being a local derby and a place in the next round up for grabs, (not to mention us being unbeaten for a while), that we cannot fill the stadium and probably won't even record our highest attendance of the seaon

Ticket prices always seems to come down last minute. I got in for a tenner anyway seeing as I'm a student :P

It's just a shame that for a game such as the Villa one with MON coming back, it being a local derby and a place in the next round up for grabs, (not to mention us being unbeaten for a while), that we cannot fill the stadium and probably won't even record our highest attendance of the seaon

Probably be the highest if you discount all the freebies at other matches.

Probably be the highest if you discount all the freebies at other matches.

Aye that it could well be davie well spotted :thumbup: It'll be the highest attendance in terms gate-receipts we've had all season, and we'll probably sell many a programme as well for this one. But I can't see us having above 25,500 people in there tomorrow if all the rumours are to be believed, which is still quite disappointing to me. Hopefully all those there will make some noise to make up for it though :P

Probably more to do with tight-fisted season ticket holders refusing to pay, as they feel they should have free admission anyway.. :(:angry:

Having FOUR home games in 17 days may also have something to do with it.

But it's not very often these days we play host to Premiership opposition, or have the chance to pay tribute to the best FOXES manager of all time (although we still hope he'll be on the losing side with his present club..).

So, other than work/family commitments, or transport issues, there would seem little excuse for missing out on tomorrow night!

Probably more to do with tight-fisted season ticket holders refusing to pay, as they feel they should have free admission anyway.. sad.gif angry.gif

I don't expect mine for free...just a nice discount..although getting the student discount on top of the STH discount would be nice! :blink::whistle:

28,000 again I'd say. The game has captured the imagination.

I'm glad there's still some optimism left amongst our fans :D I'd like to think we'd have a big crowd there but everybody is making me think otherwise by saying there are still loadsa tickets left for sale :(

I am a season ticket holder, incredibly frustrated I can't go.

On week night matches I usually get a lift up and back with my dad. But his friends booked a holiday and they are flying tonight.. so he can't go!

I live in london and the awful train service back (last train at 10pm) meant I have to sit this one out.

Very jealous of everyone there.

I am a season ticket holder, incredibly frustrated I can't go.

On week night matches I usually get a lift up and back with my dad. But his friends booked a holiday and they are flying tonight.. so he can't go!

I live in london and the awful train service back (last train at 10pm) meant I have to sit this one out.

Very jealous of everyone there.

you're not the only one, i miss all midweek games and it is horrible listening on the radio. back in the good old days i used to get to every single home game even against poor oposition, brings a tear to my eye thinking about the good old days

I'm glad there's still some optimism left amongst our fans :D I'd like to think we'd have a big crowd there but everybody is making me think otherwise by saying there are still loadsa tickets left for sale :(

They're talking absolute bollocks. We'll be pushing 30,000 tonight.

you're not the only one, i miss all midweek games and it is horrible listening on the radio. back in the good old days i used to get to every single home game even against poor oposition, brings a tear to my eye thinking about the good old days

this is the only week i can't get up there. so frustrating!

my dad didn't even book the holiday, his friend's did.

Another of his friend's going on the trip supports villa! so he isn't too happy about missing it either!

Archived