Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Throw-ins

Why the hell can Leicester never get their acts together when taking throw-ins. I know its not a major problem but we should get it sorted as they could be a good weapon in attack. Also, there have been many times when we have had throw-ins in our own half where we have got in trouble from. Do any of you see this as a noticeable problem?

It appears to me that no time and trohble is take with throw in and yet it's an opportunity to be creative.

Our approach is a mess. Good throw ins are all about space, timing and awareness. A bit like free kicks really.

Our players just don't start far enough away, don't have any rehearsed movements and consequently kill all the space and increase the chance of errors.

I thought it in Levein's time and nothing's changed.

Our free kicks have improved to some extent but Crewe gave an object lesson in how proper thought and practise could deliver a varied programme of dangerous free-kicks.

Ours are just too predictable in every way. But at least they are more accurate now.

Free kick outcome should be part of our targetting.

Just as I think strikers should be capable of 15-18 goals a season, wingers 8-10, attacking midfields 8-10 and so on, so I believe we should score from a certain percentage of free kicks. And knowing that's in the manager's mind focuses attention.

It is only a further step to treat throw ins the same way - as the launch pad for moves which result in a shot on goal.

Archived