Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Injury Update

OS

Rob Kelly has no fresh injury worries in the camp ahead of Saturday's Championship encounter against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. The City boss has seen his squad decimated through injury of late - with 10 players spending a stint on the treatment table at some point during October.

But Kelly confirmed that he was now, at last, able to see light at the end of the tunnel as his side prepare to take on the Owls.

He said: "Chris O'Grady, who has been out with an ankle knock, has got a chance of making the game. He has trained this morning so he has got a chance of making the squad.

"Alan Maybury has had a problem with his groin, but he has had acupuncture and treatment and should be ok.

"Stephen Hughes and Andy Johnson have not been able to train today. But I am hopeful that they will also be available.

"So we've got one or two players coming back, but it is very much wait and see at the moment."

But Kelly revealed that he would still be without Patrick Kisnorbo (knee), James Wesolowski (shin) and Gareth Williams (ankle) for the game.

He added: "Patrick and James are obviously still doubtful. Gareth will also be a little while yet, but he is coming along well and is working hard on his rehabilitation. He's not too far away."

F**k. I was enjoying watching us without having to put up with that useless oaf up front.

We do seem to have done better with players out of position supplemented by all our left overs

tiatto, sylla, hammond, hughes, :D

We do seem to have done better with players out of position supplemented by all our left overs

tiatto, sylla, hammond, hughes, :D

Ooh my favourites. :D

To be honest, as I've said before, a lot of our players are much of a muchness. The midfields we have been putting out lately have been horrible on paper but have got results (Welsh, Tiatto, Hughes, Low at Leeds when Williams went off injured - Welsh, Tiatto, Stearman, Maybury at QPR second half - Tiatto, Hughes, Johnson, Sylla on Tuesday night especially). They don't have to be amazing in this league. Thank god Tiatto has improved from last season though else we'd really be struggling.

Ooh my favourites. :D

To be honest, as I've said before, a lot of our players are much of a muchness. The midfields we have been putting out lately have been horrible on paper but have got results (Welsh, Tiatto, Hughes, Low at Leeds when Williams went off injured - Welsh, Tiatto, Stearman, Maybury at QPR second half - Tiatto, Hughes, Johnson, Sylla on Tuesday night especially). They don't have to be amazing in this league. Thank god Tiatto has improved from last season though else we'd really be struggling.

We're not amazing...

You say we've got results because of our eight game unbeaten run but we've drawn as many as any other team in the League and our points tally has left us mid-table.

And if our midfield hadn't been horrible we might have done much better because it is hard to remember us actually creating many chances at all. So many of our goals are essentially individual efforts or goals from free-kicks.

The trouble is, while we're not losing. it is unlikely Kelly's going to be convinced there's anything amiss.

But there is. I actually get the impression RK's main priority is to avoid relegation rather than gain promotion. And yet, with our current League position, were he not so cautious, he has the leeway to find out more about our options...

About Porter in midfield, for instance, if he's even an fit to play given how little's been said about him.

About 4-3-3 as an option with Hammond the right sided of the three front men.

About Andy King as a box-hitting midfielder.

About Gradel on the right.

I'd also have said about Dodds as a striker option but he's elsewhere for another month.

You can't fault Kelly surely after our recent results? We're unbeaten in 8, and yes some of which have been draws but we're still not losing. 1 point is better than 0. The table is so tight and even with a draw we can moe up a couple of places. Stop looking down Thracian and start looking upwards!

Archived