Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hullfox

Sheff Weds Steward

I had the displeasure of making accidental contact with him as he walked past me in the concourse at half time. :nono::sick:
Try sitting next to him. :thumbup:

I'm usually on the fence when it comes to Stewarding as I think they are in a no win position but yesterday took the biscuit.

We were sat near the aisle at Gangway X when the referee in the first half made one of his numerous outrageous decisions.

All of our party hurled the usual abuse at the man in black and one of the stewards came up to challenge the swearing(not OTT) from the chap in the end seat.

Now I can accept that a quiet word in the guy's ear to ask him to think of others etc may well have been in order but the steward was right in the face of this bloke threatening to eject him, not once but contantly for about 30 seconds. Then to inflame the situation he went back to his position 5 or 6 feet away from us and just stared constantly at the person waiting for him to slip up again.

Having no luck, he then did exactly the same to two other people in the same block in the same fashion, ignoring the two heavyweight boxer lookalikes in the process who were doing the same as everyone else in the crowd.

I can just imagine the nob in the pub after every home game feeling smug with himself and telling anyone who will listen how big and brave he is.

:mad::mad::mad:

he was the same last season. it was the same bloke acting like a hero!!!!

Cobbo had this problem from a (bar) steward at Hillsborough last season. He was shouting mild obsentities as usual and the steward threatened to kick him out, so we all started doing it and he had to admit defeat and cleared off for the second half. I bet it was the same one.

"Im talking to theeeee"

Meh!

Just exited int eh.

He didnt have his facepaint on either. :o

On the Train someone told him that Chesterfield was SHeffield and he nearly belived them. WHen he realised where he was he said "chesterfild that brings back memories" and then started talking giberish about Millwall.

The Stewards are sh*te all around the ground.

They are obsessed with people swearing, they pick up on everything. Pathetic really.

I dunno, they were fine with me.

When Stephen Hughes ran that ball out for a Wednesday throw in and then nearly talked himself into the book I stood up a hurled a fair bit of abuse at him, nearest Steward was only about 8 feett away and he didn't do anything.

Cobbo had this problem from a (bar) steward at Hillsborough last season. He was shouting mild obsentities as usual and the steward threatened to kick him out, so we all started doing it and he had to admit defeat and cleared off for the second half. I bet it was the same one.

"Im talking to theeeee"

Meh!

He did indeed.

Wonder if it were the same one like.

Arses. If I pay good money to watch football I will bloody well abuse the ref. Now shove off.

It would seem i may have mistaken meself earlier on .. lol

JonBlue mate that was me your on about because i was their wi' me uncle and his 2 mates .. and being the youngest :) He did in turn pick on me :(:angry:

Ah right. I was on the row in front about two or three seats to your left. Were you with that bloke who started to sing "Northamptonshire La La La" before the game had started?

Ah right. I was on the row in front about two or three seats to your left. Were you with that bloke who started to sing "Northamptonshire La La La" before the game had started?

At QPr some geezers started singing Warwickshire la la la. :blink:

Archived