Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hullfox

Sheff Weds Steward

I'm usually on the fence when it comes to Stewarding as I think they are in a no win position but yesterday took the biscuit.

We were sat near the aisle at Gangway X when the referee in the first half made one of his numerous outrageous decisions.

All of our party hurled the usual abuse at the man in black and one of the stewards came up to challenge the swearing(not OTT) from the chap in the end seat.

Now I can accept that a quiet word in the guy's ear to ask him to think of others etc may well have been in order but the steward was right in the face of this bloke threatening to eject him, not once but contantly for about 30 seconds. Then to inflame the situation he went back to his position 5 or 6 feet away from us and just stared constantly at the person waiting for him to slip up again.

Having no luck, he then did exactly the same to two other people in the same block in the same fashion, ignoring the two heavyweight boxer lookalikes in the process who were doing the same as everyone else in the crowd.

I can just imagine the nob in the pub after every home game feeling smug with himself and telling anyone who will listen how big and brave he is.

:mad::mad::mad:

i wa in gangway w the stewards there were ok but couldn't keep there eyes off the lads who stood up all game you could tell they were gagging to go up and tell them to sit down but were probably 2 scared

I was there back row, only time he came over to me was to tell me not to sit on the back of my chair :rolleyes:

Hullfox that was me mate :) Black and White Stripey Jumper ! .. Just said too the bloke .. You told the 20,000 other people swearing at me? .. GO AWAY" ... What a disgrace .. No alcohol in ground .. NO STANDING??? whats that about .. i will not be returning too hillsoborough what a shithole ! :) mind you second half went sat near front .. bet that confused the twat ! :)

(Anyone else have some arsehole in their face telling them theyd be taken out if they stopped "gesturing and standing" .. Standing? what a joke .. its a football ground which i paid too get into i should choose whether i stand or sit)

I was there back row, only time he came over to me was to tell me not to sit on the back of my chair :rolleyes:

yeh i saw that whats that about! not allowed to stand at football but he doesnt tell anyone to sit down, just not to sit on the back of ur chairs haha!

the same steward also told my mate off for using the camera on his phone to take pics and do recordings, whats that about??

i was in row 12 and was one of the lads who got a telling off for saying naughty words.......ffs there was me thinking i was at the football

What a joke. should be allowed to express however u want.if people dont like it why go to a football match.

yeh i saw that whats that about! not allowed to stand at football but he doesnt tell anyone to sit down, just not to sit on the back of ur chairs haha!

the same steward also told my mate off for using the camera on his phone to take pics and do recordings, whats that about??

I saw that, looked like he watched him as he deleted it aswell. Make our stewards look amazing!

Some guy on the row behind me got a rollocking from a fellow City fan during the game for swearing because as he pointed out there were kids (and Bernie :P ) a few rows in front of us.
We were sitting near that embarrassment.

I'm usually on the fence when it comes to Stewarding as I think they are in a no win position but yesterday took the biscuit.

We were sat near the aisle at Gangway X when the referee in the first half made one of his numerous outrageous decisions.

All of our party hurled the usual abuse at the man in black and one of the stewards came up to challenge the swearing(not OTT) from the chap in the end seat.

Now I can accept that a quiet word in the guy's ear to ask him to think of others etc may well have been in order but the steward was right in the face of this bloke threatening to eject him, not once but contantly for about 30 seconds. Then to inflame the situation he went back to his position 5 or 6 feet away from us and just stared constantly at the person waiting for him to slip up again.

Having no luck, he then did exactly the same to two other people in the same block in the same fashion, ignoring the two heavyweight boxer lookalikes in the process who were doing the same as everyone else in the crowd.

I can just imagine the nob in the pub after every home game feeling smug with himself and telling anyone who will listen how big and brave he is.

:mad::mad::mad:

I wonder what he'd be like in a side street on his own and without the force of authorityy behind him?

Put a lot of people in a uniform and they become bullies.

Archived