Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Maybes

Nils Offers Honest Assesment

Basically echoes RK's comments from yesterday

"We didn't perform to the levels that we know we can today.

"We just couldn't get it going in the first half and we were probably quite fortunate to go in at the break just 1-0 down.

"I felt that we got better in the second half. We never lay down - even after their second goal had gone in.

"We had a go late on, but the level of performance that we have been achieving over the last seven or eight games was not evident. "

OS

They're both right... we came, we saw, we did very little. :P

Ok, so we know we were poor, that we didn't turn up, but they're paid professionals.

I want to know why, what was so difficult about a short trip up to Sheffield, playing a team below us, with us an 8 game unbeaten run that we had to put out a team that had 'we're scared of you' written all over it.

Ok, so we know we were poor, that we didn't turn up, but they're paid professionals.

I want to know why, what was so difficult about a short trip up to Sheffield, playing a team below us, with us an 8 game unbeaten run that we had to put out a team that had 'we're scared of you' written all over it.

If you work it out I'd love to know your conclusions.

Must be something about Sheffield. The last four times we've played in Sheffield (United or Wednesday) we have lost. Could even be more than that but from the ones I've seen I know its four defeats out of our last four.

It's bollox all to do with it being in Sheffield. We're notoriously poor on the road in recent times, and whenever we go away, unbeaten run or not, we tend to play defensively and try to soak up pressure, like a point is good enough and that's all we need for the Championship. With us doing this, we're bound to come unstuck, as we did yesterday. Poor, pitiful performance and sadly the end of the unbeaten league run. Hopefully though it'll be a wake-up call and will make RK re-assess his away-day tactics for future away games :) But I wouldn't even be too sure of that happening :unsure:

RK said it wasn't the takeover talk that affected the players, 'They've got one or two other things on their minds'.

What are they then?

FFF

The fact that Andy Johnson is sh/te - that's enough to put off an entire squad of players, just training with that tosser. :ph34r:

The fact that Andy Johnson is sh/te - that's enough to put off an entire squad of players, just training with that tosser. :ph34r:

i spent about 4 hours in the pub after the game just repeating the same thing "johnson is shit" over and over again but in differently arranged sentances

i spent about 4 hours in the pub after the game just repeating the same thing "johnson is shit" over and over again but in differently arranged sentances

It's gonna be that type of season, whereby we have soem good results and some bad, middle table mediocrity!!! IMO, due to the fact that we don't have a big squad, and some shite players, and RK's tactics (away from home)

tactics on saturday were the biggest let down, for the entire game it was clear we just needed a little extra in attacking options, width being the most obvious. yet he persisted with the same ridiculous set up for almost the entire 90 minutes. hopefully with time he will learn from mistakes and be brave in future games

Archived