Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Young Foxes trounce Bristol

Young Foxes Demolish Robins

0,,10274~2833215,00.jpg

Leicester City's under 18 side made it 10 wins from 13 with a devastating 6-0 demolition of Bristol City at the Belvoir Drive training ground on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes have now scored an incredible 51 goals in their fixtures to date this season - and have a goal difference of +32 at the top of the Group B table.

Goals from Scott Lycett, Billy McKay, Eric Odhiambo and Ryan Beswich gave the young charges a 4-0 advantage at the break - with Tommy Tejan-Sie and Odhiambo again adding to the scoreline in the second period.

Walkers Youth Academy manager Jon Rudkin said: "We knew it would be a tough test as Bristol City have had a decent start to their campaign.

"We started the game well and managed to grab three early goals which we were able to build on.

"It was important that we didn't let them back into the game, and credit to the lads they stuck to the task.

"Two of the goals today were right out of the top draw. There was some excellent finishing and I am really pleased with the way we played.

"It was an encouraging performance and it keeps our momentum going."

Meanwhile, Reading, who currently occupy second spot in the Group B table, also gained victory on the day - meaning that City's lead at the top of the table remains at three points.

Goal difference of +32. :blink: Blimey.

:thumbsup:

I missed Lycett and Mckay's goals but Beswick's was a cracker and Odhiambo's second came about following a nice flick from Mckay. Lots of decisions went our way though that were a bit dubious and Bristol didn't seem to get anything. Probably comes about because we're doing well, you make your own luck. Chambers was there on crutches but he seemed to be walking a bit on one leg which makes me think he's only done damage in one knee, not both. Craig King did well up front when he came on and he's only 15/16. Lathanial Rowe-Turner also looked good at left back when he came on. Very composed on the ball. The other sub I think was Howard on but not entirely sure.

Cisak was back in goal which was nice to see. Back four Magunda, Lycett, Garner and Mattock. Beswick, A King, Tejan-Sie, Rochester. Mckay and Odhiambo. C King came on for Mckay. Rowe-Turner on for Rochester (Mattock pushed forward to left midfield) and I think Howard came on for Garner.

First half was as fast and relentless as I've ever seen the Academy against anyone.

Make no mistake Bristol weren't that bad a side. But Leicester were like a team of starving dogs. They tore into the opposition as they emerged from their own penalty area and within five minutes one of their representatives on the sidelines admitted: "It's going to be a long day.

For me Billy McKay was talent personified. Apart from his own goal his deft touches laid on so many chances.

But I was also impressed again by the midfield duo of Tom Tejan-Sie and Andy King. They compliment each other so much. Tejan-Sie conmtinued his scoring habit and King must have had six or eight shots which threatened to add to his four goals already this season.

Odhiambo took his tally to 12 for the season and was a constant nightmare to Bristol and my only complaint was the moaning at his own players by Joe Mattock.

He seemed to take exception to a team-mate asking him to move the ball quicker. Perhaps he's starting to believe his own publicity. But the team-mate was right. Mattock is a fast, positive and aggressive full-back, everything you'd want really but so often today he tried to run the ball - and soon hit trouble.

His team-mate was right. He should have released the ball quicker. And the sooner he accepts a) that one and two touches followed by support is the way to glory for a full-back and b) you encourage team-mates not mouth complaints at them the better.

I don't suppose he'll take the slightest bit of notice but I've mentioned it for his own good. Fortunately Beaglehole was on the other side because if I'd been his manager I'd have had something to say to him in an instant. Good player or not, he was nowhere near one of the best in his team today.

Ryan Beswick will remember a cracking goal but overall I liked Scott Lycett's tenacious didsplay at the back against often bigger opponents, TJ with Andy King in midfield, the impish teasing of McKay and the non-stop teamwork of Odhiambo, capped by his brace.

Oh yes, and another King - Craig King - who came on at centre-forward and showed some promise - if he'd learn to use the team-mates around him more.

I missed Lycett and Mckay's goals but Beswick's was a cracker and Odhiambo's second came about following a nice flick from Mckay. Lots of decisions went our way though that were a bit dubious and Bristol didn't seem to get anything. Probably comes about because we're doing well, you make your own luck. Chambers was there on crutches but he seemed to be walking a bit on one leg which makes me think he's only done damage in one knee, not both. Craig King did well up front when he came on and he's only 15/16. Lathanial Rowe-Turner also looked good at left back when he came on. Very composed on the ball. The other sub I think was Howard on but not entirely sure.

Cisak was back in goal which was nice to see. Back four Magunda, Lycett, Garner and Mattock. Beswick, A King, Tejan-Sie, Rochester. Mckay and Odhiambo. C King came on for Mckay. Rowe-Turner on for Rochester (Mattock pushed forward to left midfield) and I think Howard came on for Garner.

Steve or Stephen Howard I think.

First half was as fast and relentless as I've ever seen the Academy against anyone.

Make no mistake Bristol weren't that bad a side. But Leicester were like a team of starving dogs. They tore into the opposition as they emerged from their own penalty area and within five minutes one of their representatives on the sidelines admitted: "It's going to be a long day.

For me Billy McKay was talent personified. Apart from his own goal his deft touches laid on so many chances.

But I was also impressed again by the midfield duo of Tom Tejan-Sie and Andy King. They compliment each other so much. Tejan-Sie conmtinued his scoring habit and King must have had six or eight shots which threatened to add to his four goals already this season.

Odhiambo took his tally to 12 for the season and was a constant nightmare to Bristol and my only complaint was the moaning at his own players by Joe Mattock.

He seemed to take exception to a team-mate asking him to move the ball quicker. Perhaps he's starting to believe his own publicity. But the team-mate was right. Mattock is a fast, positive and aggressive full-back, everything you'd want really but so often today he tried to run the ball - and soon hit trouble.

His team-mate was right. He should have released the ball quicker. And the sooner he accepts a) that one and two touches followed by support is the way to glory for a full-back and b) you encourage team-mates not mouth complaints at them the better.

I don't suppose he'll take the slightest bit of notice but I've mentioned it for his own good. Fortunately Beaglehole was on the other side because if I'd been his manager I'd have had something to say to him in an instant. Good player or not, he was nowhere near one of the best in his team today.

Ryan Beswick will remember a cracking goal but overall I liked Scott Lycett's tenacious didsplay at the back against often bigger opponents, TJ with Andy King in midfield, the impish teasing of McKay and the non-stop teamwork of Odhiambo, capped by his brace.

Oh yes, and another King - Craig King - who came on at centre-forward and showed some promise - if he'd learn to use the team-mates around him more.

I don't understand why you seem to view Gradel's attitude problem as an age thing or because he's French and French people have that kind of attitude in their genes but Joe has said that today, and yes I heard him say it too, and it is viewed upon like a criminal offence. Mattock is a couple of years younger than Gradel and i think it's the kind of thing you see from mid-teenagers. My mate plays for a mens team on Sunday mornings and he's 16 and when things aren't going his way he moans at all of the older blokes. It doesn't go down too well but he wants to make himself heard and not get bossed by his older team mates.

Also if you listen to what other players were saying to each other today you will realise that it's a common thing. Lycett wasn't too positive when talking to Cisak following a clearance he made, this is Cisak who's been out for some time with injury and is finding his feet once again. I think a positive comment would've been more beneficial at that time.

I don't understand why you seem to view Gradel's attitude problem as an age thing or because he's French and French people have that kind of attitude in their genes but Joe has said that today, and yes I heard him say it too, and it is viewed upon like a criminal offence. Mattock is a couple of years younger than Gradel and i think it's the kind of thing you see from mid-teenagers. My mate plays for a mens team on Sunday mornings and he's 16 and when things aren't going his way he moans at all of the older blokes. It doesn't go down too well but he wants to make himself heard and not get bossed by his older team mates.

Also if you listen to what other players were saying to each other today you will realise that it's a common thing. Lycett wasn't too positive when talking to Cisak following a clearance he made, this is Cisak who's been out for some time with injury and is finding his feet once again. I think a positive comment would've been more beneficial at that time.

It wouldn't be a common thing in my side. We'd be a clan. All for one, one for all. We would demand things of each other beyond their imagination but the opposition would never hear us bickering. We'd be far too ruthless for that.

I don't view Mattock's reaction ass a "criminal offence" for one minute. I think he's so good I'd like him to realise early on that he has wider responsibilities than his own game and that by taking another attitude - and really encouraging and complimenting his team-mates - he help them play better, make his own life easier and be viewed in a better light by people around him.

I would have had a word with Gradel too, believe me.

But if wouldn't stop me picking either. I'd just ask if they want to be considered senior players and, if so, insist they behave as such. I'd make them justify what I think of em if you like. If they wanted to believe my words weren't kindly meant that would be up to them. I could cope with that.

It wouldn't be a common thing in my side. We'd be a clan. All for one, one for all. We would demand things of each other beyond their imagination but the opposition would never hear us bickering. We'd be far too ruthless for that.

I don't view Mattock's reaction ass a "criminal offence" for one minute. I think he's so good I'd like him to realise early on that he has wider responsibilities than his own game and that by taking another attitude - and really encouraging and complimenting his team-mates - he help them play better, make his own life easier and be viewed in a better light by people around him.

I would have had a word with Gradel too, believe me.

But if wouldn't stop me picking either. I'd just ask if they want to be considered senior players and, if so, insist they behave as such. I'd make them justify what I think of em if you like. If they wanted to believe my words weren't kindly meant that would be up to them. I could cope with that.

I think the under 18s are a close group. You just have to look at the way Tejan-Sie was mobbed after scoring by everyone plus the way players like C King are spoken to as if they play for the under 18s every week by coaching staff and players. These comments are heat of the moment stuff. Mattock wasn't getting as much luck second half as he was first. He was making some lovely runs, performing flicks from left to right foot fooling his opponent. Great to see him in full flight but they doubled up on him second half and he wasn't given half as much time despite his efforts. He was frustrated. You just have to look at how much space Rowe-Turner was given when he came on because both of their right sided players were on Mattock.

Judging by today's miserable affair against Preston, we had better start drafting in a few of these players pretty pronto! :whistle:

I honestly think a match between first team and Academy would be more than interesting. The Under 18's are an irrepressible bunch. They close people down very swiftly and are full of confidence. They also have some of the movement so sorely missing from the first team...and a rare team spirit most of the time.

Hume and Hammond would cause them problems and the first team centre-backs would also cause trouble by attacking corners and free-kicks but, otherwise, it would be a more than respectable contest.

Especially if the ex-Academy players (Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, O'Grady, Porter and Dodds) could play as under 18's.

Just imagine it:

Academy:

Logan;

Magunda, Stearman, Lycett, Mattock;

Gradel, King, Tejan-Sie, Porter;

Dodds, O'Grady, Odhiambo, McKay, Beswick, Magunda, Garner.

versus:

Henderson,

Maybury, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Nils;

Sylla, Hughes, Tiatto, Welsh;

Hume, Fryatt, Hammond, Low.

The first team ought to win on physical speed and strength but if anyone thinks it would be a pushover for the first team they might be mistaken.

I think the under 18s are a close group. You just have to look at the way Tejan-Sie was mobbed after scoring by everyone plus the way players like C King are spoken to as if they play for the under 18s every week by coaching staff and players. These comments are heat of the moment stuff. Mattock wasn't getting as much luck second half as he was first. He was making some lovely runs, performing flicks from left to right foot fooling his opponent. Great to see him in full flight but they doubled up on him second half and he wasn't given half as much time despite his efforts. He was frustrated. You just have to look at how much space Rowe-Turner was given when he came on because both of their right sided players were on Mattock.

I'm not going to labour the points - I think he's a terrific player as you're well aware - it's just that I try to see the weaknesses as well as the strengths in players. It's second nature really and these things struck me as weaknesses.

Did your mate get on?

I'm not going to labour the points - I think he's a terrific player as you're well aware - it's just that I try to see the weaknesses as well as the strengths in players. It's second nature really and these things struck me as weaknesses.

Did your mate get on?

He was playing for the 16s today. Went to watch him for a bit and he did a few clever things but it was all Bristol at the start of the 2nd half. Didn't realise Craig King was a striker until today. He's a big lad for his age.

He was playing for the 16s today. Went to watch him for a bit and he did a few clever things but it was all Bristol at the start of the 2nd half. Didn't realise Craig King was a striker until today. He's a big lad for his age.

He certainly is. Didn't seem to use his team-mates much though.

He certainly is. Didn't seem to use his team-mates much though.

Nearly scored with a header. I know what you mean though. He tried a shot from distance that lacked power, he could've passed it instead. I have a feeling that he's been used as a winger for the 16s though so he's probably used to trying to beat his man.

Even looking at the 16s yesterday there's some big lads and I can see us having a strong group of first year scholars in the 18s next season.

Nearly scored with a header. I know what you mean though. He tried a shot from distance that lacked power, he could've passed it instead. I have a feeling that he's been used as a winger for the 16s though so he's probably used to trying to beat his man.

Even looking at the 16s yesterday there's some big lads and I can see us having a strong group of first year scholars in the 18s next season.

I must confess I've never watched them play but it does sound promising. There's a real buzz around the Academy and I sincerely hope that doesn't change with the new regime or that some of the obviously very good people working there don't get overlooked.

I've never had the opportunity before but I got the chance to pass a minute or two with 60's legend Howard Riley while I was there. I've often noticed him around at matches, taking an interest and helping out with this and that.

What a genuinely smashing bloke. Still proud of his old team but no side, just a genuine man in the street who clearly still loves his football.

I've not had a conversation with him but I respect him because I think he finished his role at the club a couple of seasons ago but still goes and watches the Academy anyway. Credit should go to everyone involved at the club who make people like him feel welcome enough to still come along out of choice. I hope the club doesn't lose its sense of family if taken over by Mandaric because I think that's important.

I honestly think a match between first team and Academy would be more than interesting. The Under 18's are an irrepressible bunch. They close people down very swiftly and are full of confidence. They also have some of the movement so sorely missing from the first team...and a rare team spirit most of the time.

Hume and Hammond would cause them problems and the first team centre-backs would also cause trouble by attacking corners and free-kicks but, otherwise, it would be a more than respectable contest.

Especially if the ex-Academy players (Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, O'Grady, Porter and Dodds) could play as under 18's.

Just imagine it:

Academy:

Logan;

versus:

Henderson,

The first team ought to win on physical speed and strength but if anyone thinks it would be a pushover for the first team they might be mistaken.

That match should be set up, just to see how good our youngsters are.

Logan;

versus:

Henderson,

No wonder they've scored so many goals they have 7 up front :rolleyes:lol

Logan;

versus:

Henderson,

No wonder they've scored so many goals they have 7 up front :rolleyes:lol

It would be like a dinner time match at school :P

I missed Lycett and Mckay's goals but Beswick's was a cracker and Odhiambo's second came about following a nice flick from Mckay. Lots of decisions went our way though that were a bit dubious and Bristol didn't seem to get anything. Probably comes about because we're doing well, you make your own luck. Chambers was there on crutches but he seemed to be walking a bit on one leg which makes me think he's only done damage in one knee, not both . Craig King did well up front when he came on and he's only 15/16. Lathanial Rowe-Turner also looked good at left back when he came on. Very composed on the ball. The other sub I think was Howard on but not entirely sure.

This sound more likely, I've never herd of any one doing both their cruciates at once playing football, it borders impossible.

Archived