Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Relience on Hume

:( The way I see it is that we rely far too much on Hume and we have to realise that he will have off days like today and it seems when he's not at it, we as an attacking force are woeful!!

Fryatt had a shocker today the two wingers were never going to create and although i think Hughes did ok today Stearman isn't the most creative midfielder and is ten times better than Maybury at RB

So the solution:

We badly need two wingers in and williams and weso back asap!! Stearman back at RB in place of Maybury and I'll give Fryatt time as can only be judged on the service he gets. Although today he was well off the pace.

Hume is our best player. If you cant rely on him then who can you rely on?

We can't expect miracles off him every game though! Today he had one great effort which forced an awesome save from Nash in their goal in the 1st Half. He's been our saviour too often this season, and to think he wasn't in the team in September!

We rely very heavily on Hume to create good opportunities for us 'cos he has been our best attacking player so far this season.. But we really do need to buy a target man, a creative midfielder and a winger in January if we are to turn things around

Never mind two wingers,a whole midfeild i think we need.

I see williams and weso as the answer but obviously we're relying on the getting fit. Hughes is good back up for them both.

One CM who spends more time on the pitch than the treatment table in Janurary would do fine.

Yeah i'd go for all that.

I think we pretty much need to buy an entire midfield in Jan with Milans Millions. (with the possible exception of Left Winger - Porters looking decent)

In my opinion I dont think Porter is ready to play week in week out. But the midfield is definately where we need to improve.Just somone to link the midfield to the attack better because at the moment this is Fryatt's downfall.

I see williams and weso as the answer but obviously we're relying on the getting fit. Hughes is good back up for them both.

One CM who spends more time on the pitch than the treatment table in Janurary would do fine.

I wouldnt say they are the answer but they would definatly help the situation.

I think Rob should experiement with different formations and tactics in pre-season to see what works and what doesn't.

Too often he just sticks with the normal 4-4-2. I think he should draw teasm onto us and then we counter attack, that is how we have won most of our games, counter-attacks.

we rely far too much on hume because

1 he is the only player who is capable of creating his own chances and taking them

2 we have no other striker at present who looks like scoring

3 we have no alternative up front as kelly has seen fit to dispense of devries and has not tried/been able to find a replacement.

4 our wide midfielders/wingers are simply not good enough. why do the never get to the byline a pull back crosses to our smallish strikers rather than floating in crosses from deep positions for tall non existent strikers to attack.?

5 not enough goals come from our midfield. for all his criticism on here hughes is the only midfield player who ever looks like scoring and then not often enough.

6 if hume was injured we would be up the proverbial creek.

if mm does take over then it is hard to see even him having enough cash to make an immediate impact as we probably need 2 new strikers 2 new wide men at least 1 central midfielder and probably a proper left back to have any real chance of making significant progress.

We do rely on Hume too much - basically because he's the only attacking player who has done well this year and the only one who looks likely to score regularly. Fryatt WILL come good eventually, but till then it looks like he's our only hope for goals.

I think for pretty much every game I've been to for the past couple of months, I've voted for Hume as MOTM on the OS. It's getting boring now, but time and again when I think back to each player's performance, he's been the only player who's done himself justice (I'm not including the defenders in this because I hate giving them MOTM even when they play well - it just reminds me how bad we are going forward. :( )

However, what I will say is that if there was one player in our squad I'd want to rely on, it's Humey. He gives so much to the team - effort, determination, skill not to mention many great goals at crucial times. He really is a joy to watch when he's on form.

Archived