Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

'The' centre midfield gets 60 minutes under it's belt

Scott Lycett's had an impressive season so far. He's not very big for a centre-back but he's very mobile, reads the game and uses the ball well. Basically he's replaced Liam Norval and seems to have done much to stabilise the Academy defence.

Wait til Manwell reads this. With all those first teamers I'm sure he'd have expected a double figure win in such inconsequential football! :D:D:D

To be fair, that midfield hasn't played in nearly a month, Stearman is playing left wing, Rab's almost as bad as Henderson, and I've never said Hammond and Low are anything but shit.

And I've herd Niles didn't play, and Mcauley didn't play.

This is all forgetting it's a kick about on a Tuesday afternoon. Not even a Reserve game, not even a friendly game in fact. It's a reserve friendly game :rolleyes:.

The positives from that game are that Williams and Weso came through uninjured and got a bit of match practice before hopefully playing on Saturday :D:P

Also Fryatt finally managed to stick the ball in the net, and may remember how to do it on Saturday. :thumbup:

Is that a light shining in the tunnel or another false dawn?

Has he been recalled with a view to his becoming a genuine part of the first team squad or is he going to be paraded around, as at Hereford, for no earthly purpose and then going to be left to lose his fitness once more through continued matchplaying inactivity?

And if he plays will it be in a strengthened attacking line-up or will we stick to the same underweight formulae with too few potential scorers and not enough genuine creators.

I hope it's the latter.

If Kelly does show attacking initiative then I'm quite prepared to support him.

But I don't want another fudge. Another simple swopping of A for B.

There has to be suffficient attacking strength throughout the team to have a realistic chance of maintaining an initiative and winning games. And not from the time when we're losing but from the kick-off.

Has he been recalled with a view to his becoming a genuine part of the first team squad or is he going to be paraded around, as at Hereford, for no earthly purpose and then going to be left to lose his fitness once more through continued matchplaying inactivity?

And if he plays will it be in a strengthened attacking line-up or will we stick to the same underweight formulae with too few potential scorers and not enough genuine creators.

I hope it's the latter.

If Kelly does show attacking initiative then I'm quite prepared to support him.

But I don't want another fudge. Another simple swopping of A for B.

There has to be suffficient attacking strength throughout the team to have a realistic chance of maintaining an initiative and winning games. And not from the time when we're losing but from the kick-off.

You do relise you are answering your own question, some people would call it "talking to yourself"

Now in real life thats considered to be the first sign of madness, but once you start doing it on a internet forums it's time to phone the GP.

You do relise you are answering your own question, some people would call it "talking to yourself"

Now in real life thats considered to be the first sign of madness, but once you start doing it on a internet forums it's time to phone the GP.

If you read back (not that I'd recommend it) you'll find the question was asked by Treacle of my cryptic remark. :whistle:

Archived