Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

'The' centre midfield gets 60 minutes under it's belt

From the OS

Gareth Williams and James Wesolowski got 60 minutes of action under their belts in a behind-closed-doors training game against Bristol City at the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.

Williams has been out of action for the last month with an ankle injury, while Wesolowski has been struggling with a leg problem.

But after a frustrating period on the sidelines the duo were able to make their return in the heart of the City midfield against the Robins - and came through with flying colours.

The reserve team fixture was arranged to keep the City squad ticking over ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Derby County at Pride Park - with Rab Douglas, Josh Low, Andy Welsh, Elvis Hammond and Matty Fryatt all playing some part in the game.

And it was striker Fryatt who scored Leicester's only goal of the afternoon - scooping the ball home from close range following good work down the left from Williams and Welsh.

For the record, the contest ended in a 2-1 defeat for the Foxes.

They're that step closer to being ready for Saturday. :thumbup:

Is anyone else quite worried that we actually lost this game. I very much doubt Bristol City had a full strength team out and we had 5/6 players that are supposed to be championship players :ph34r:

At least Fryatt scored for once :ph34r:

Is anyone else quite worried that we actually lost this game. I very much doubt Bristol City had a full strength team out and we had 5/6 players that are supposed to be championship players :ph34r:

3/4 of them are of the qulaity I would say.

Fryatt, williams weso and maybe welsh.

Dougie in the goal explains it?

At least Fryatt scored for once :ph34r:

Now, now, don't start counting that. He didn't score any more than Dodds and many others score in football that doesn't matter. :D:D

Reflecting on it I don't think Douglas's record for us at that level is too good or likely to move him from the shop window anytime quickly, although it might be of course that the Bristol goals were unstoppable crackers.

Now, now, don't start counting that. He didn't score any more than Dodds and many others score in football that doesn't matter. :D:D

Reflecting on it I don't think Douglas's record for us at that level is too good or likely to move him from the shop window anytime quickly, although it might be of course that the Bristol goals were unstoppable crackers.

Fryatt's scored plenty more than Dodds. The highest level that Fryatt has played at is Championship and the highest level that Dodds has played at is for Northwich Victoria. :ph34r:

My step dad reffed this match and said that RD was not to impressive and that Scott Lycett had a really good game. Low and Fryatt did not look to interested. But Weso was a class act and Williams also played well.

Lets hope there fit for saturday

Team that played was

Rab

Maybury

Lycett

McAuley

Nils

Low

Williams

Weso

Stearman

Hammond

Fryatt

My step dad reffed this match and said that RD was not to impressive and that Scott Lycett had a really good game. Low and Fryatt did not look to interested. But Weso was a class act and Williams also played well.

Team that played was

Rab

Maybury

Lycett

McAuley

Nils

Low

Williams

Weso

Stearman

Hammond

Fryatt

That's a strong line up, maybe they were taking it easy with this weekend in mind. Let's hope that Weso/Williams are ready for a full 90.

Strong? :ph34r:

Team that played was

Rab

Maybury

Lycett

McAuley

Nils

Low

Williams

Weso

Stearman

Hammond

Fryatt

Scott Lycett's had an impressive season so far. He's not very big for a centre-back but he's very mobile, reads the game and uses the ball well. Basically he's replaced Liam Norval and seems to have done much to stabilise the Academy defence.

Wait til Manwell reads this. With all those first teamers I'm sure he'd have expected a double figure win in such inconsequential football! :D:D:D

Fryatt's scored plenty more than Dodds. The highest level that Fryatt has played at is Championship and the highest level that Dodds has played at is for Northwich Victoria. :ph34r:

ok right

1. How old is fryatt compared to Dodds? exactly.

2. Dodds did play 45 mins yesterday

Archived