Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Predictions for todays game

But even accepting that, how to go about getting a draw won't be easy.

We've conceded in our last 10 matches, Derby are well capable of goals and we're invariably short in attack.

Thankfully football is not always logical or predictable.

If Kelly brings anything home it'll be praiseworthy.

But even accepting that, how to go about getting a draw won't be easy.

We've conceded in our last 10 matches, Derby are well capable of goals and we're invariably short in attack.

Thankfully football is not always logical or predictable.

If Kelly brings anything home it'll be praiseworthy.

If Kelly brings home a point, but uses negative and defensive tactics, bringing on Maybury or Low instead of Porter, will you still praise him then?

If Kelly brings home a point, but uses negative and defensive tactics, bringing on Maybury or Low instead of Porter, will you still praise him then?

Yes. I think he's up against it and I think his approach has contributed to him being up against it but, while I would be taking every opportunity to adjust that approach, he will have his own ideas and if they work in a difficult situation I'll give credit where it's due.

There are different ways of getting success, I am not blind to that, it is just that I believe success is easier to attain by attacking and eminently more fun for the fans to watch.

Normally, with our squad of players, I would not dream of taking Porter off but it depends on the game. If he's having a bad un, or he's knackered I'll see that as plainly as the next fan. I've never said Porter doesn't have bad games - in fact the first time I saw him play midfield he was awful and I said so in no uncertain terms.

A point would definitely be a good result but in terms of what we actually need to start climbing the table, the fact we have only got 1 point out of our last 9 means that getting 2 points in 12 would not do a great deal for us and still looks pretty damn poor, which it is. This is why I believe so many optimists are hoping we make it 4 in 12 so that our last few games don't look like a complete disaster.

Why must so many people piss on people's optimism? :ph34r:

Would the world be a better place if the "fans" as they like to call us all sat in their chair gently rocking backwards and forwards muttering the words "we're going to get battered, we're going to get battered, we're going to get battered..." ad infinitum? :ph34r:

Would the world be a better place if the "fans" as they like to call us all sat in their chair gently rocking backwards and forwards muttering the words "we're going to get battered, we're going to get battered, we're going to get battered..." ad infinitum? :ph34r:

That sums up my rather accurate prediction, and ongoing summary of our chances, for the cricket :(

Archived