Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
derbyfanben

View from a Derby Fan

First of all, decent support form you lot yesterday and I thought the atmosphere was really good from both sets of fans.

Id like to say first of all, If the stories are true about half time yesterday regarding that little lad, then the Police should face some sort of action. There is a fine line nowadays between doing your job and going OTT. However, without actually being there, someting must of happened that wound the the police up. My sympathy goes out to the kid IF he was beaten by the police as violence like that has no place in football.

However to the game....

You lot were very poor yesterday however we weren't at our best. Your not the worst side to come to PP this year, that acolade goes to Southend, though your not far off. :P

I thought your tactics were all wrong against us.PP is a place to play football and pass the ball around but RK obviously went for the long ball approach and not many teams beat us by playing that sort of a game against us. It was a normal 'derby' game with very few chances and scrappy and both teams found it hard to adapt to the game at first.

As for your penalty, I had a great view of it and it sort of hit half his hand arm and half his chest, which by the letter of the law is a free kick to derby, however it is extremly harsh on you lot and I dont thin the handball was intentional. I dont think anyone really deserved to win and I wouldn't have complained with a draw.

I think its going to be a tough season for you lot,even with MM coming in. But we'll wait and see.

Good luck for the remainder of the season and see you at the Walkers!

As for your penalty, I had a great view of it and it sort of hit half his hand arm and half his chest, which by the letter of the law is a free kick to derby, however it is extremly harsh on you lot and I dont thin the handball was intentional.

Thanks for clearing that up. If it wasn't intentional - it wasn't handball - you clearly know as much about the rules as the linesman. No handball therefore - goal should have stood. I wonder how the last few minutes would have gone under those circumstances.

great sum up there mate we were awful you wen't much better and the atmosphere was tremendous.

The stories are true about h/t btw. :angry:

Also sorry if somebody was making obscene hand gestures to you off our coaches yesterday it was me I was mad with the ref :mad: just like your lot 1st half I thought you were gona explode!

Another Ram fan here!

Pretty much agree with what the first guy said. Did actually think it was a pretty good atmosphere, the best we've had this season.

You didn't play too well to be fair, the hoof ball game suited us over your small front men and when you've got Matty Fryatt up against Leacock/Johnson in the air, then theres only ever gonna be one winner. If you played it more on the deck then you would have caused a lot more problems.

As for the penalty, I didn't really see it as I sat to the opposite end to you lot but my initial reaction to it was that the linesman had flagged for offside but apparently not. Haven't yet seen it on TV so not sure what to make of it but I'd have been annoyed if it was the other way around!

As for the result, a draw would probably have been fair because there was no clear chances but was a good goal and finish in the end. Didn't feel that you could handle Barnes down the right, especially in the first-half and by the second half you had at least two men on him, at one time three!

Don't agree with the comment about you finishing above us this season. If you carry on like that then it could be a long season and from what I've read it seems as if you're turning on Rob Kelly.

MM's millions won't change your season around instantly although it will obviously help out a bit! Might have trouble tempting players to come aswell as by the looks of it, it's gonna be a long season! You definatly need a new striker, a target man, someone like Stevie Howard who can hold the ball up because if you're gonna be lumping it up then little old Matty Fryatt aint gonna do nothing with it!

:thumbup:

Joel

You didn't play too well to be fair,

Thats a polite way of putting it. We were awful and we know it!!

Didn't feel that you could handle Barnes down the right, especially in the first-half and by the second half you had at least two men on him, at one time three!

To be honest though he looked head and shoulders above anyone on that pitch. He's a quality find and IM sure unless you get promotion this season, the premiership boys will start hovering round trying to take him off your hands. He seemed the difference between us today and I think Im right in saying that his emergence in the team has coincided with your winning run, just like Fryatt coming back into the team has seen us take one point from a possible 12. Barnes is the best player I've seen so far this season, strong, quick and he didnt go down easily and make a meal of it when players were snapping at his legs trying to get the ball off him.

Don't agree with the comment about you finishing above us this season.

I don't think any of us seriously think we'll be higher than you come May but it's a funny old league. 4 games ago we were right on your tails and looking at the play offs now we've got one eye over our shoulder again and you're nowhere in sight. Still a long way to go though and you must be due another bad run soon.....please???

Also sorry if somebody was making obscene hand gestures to you off our coaches yesterday it was me I was mad with the ref :mad: just like your lot 1st half I thought you were gona explode!

i hope it wasnt you having ago at us earlier on here for apparently being "chavs" for kicking off at old bill

Yeah there are clubs after Barnes at the minute, well if you read the tabloids! Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool. If he was to go I reckon it would be to Arsenal! He signed a new four year deal in the summer and our Chairman has said that ther is no way we'll sell him so I doubt that he'll go this season and if he was to go the it would probably be if we don't go up next. He is a quality player, not playing in his prefrred position either (centre-mid) and he's found his shooting boots recently. Gonna be a top player, we love him here!!!

We do have the best away record in the divison and have got more points away from home than you have in total! :D

Thought that was gona be brought up lol:angry: We'll do better against you when you come to the Walkers, I know it. We'll make a couple of additions to our squad by then, and should manage to cause you more problems than we did yesterday. Maybe the manager will watch the tape of yesterday's game and realise that, with all due respect (not a word I should be using!!!!), you aren't the greatest side in the league and there are certain areas we could work on and exploit you in. :thumbup::yesyes:

Thought that was gona be brought up lol:angry: We'll do better against you when you come to the Walkers, I know it. We'll make a couple of additions to our squad by then, and should manage to cause you more problems than we did yesterday. Maybe the manager will watch the tape of yesterday's game and realise that, with all due respect (not a word I should be using!!!!), you aren't the greatest side in the league and there are certain areas we could work on and exploit you in. :thumbup::yesyes:

Yeah I see what you're saying but remember we'll probably make some signings in January aswell and if we're still top 6 by then then we'll definatly have some money to spend to get us where we wanna be!

But get a target man and you should be fine!

i hope it wasnt you having ago at us earlier on here for apparently being "chavs" for kicking off at old bill

course not! I like a bit of banter at footie games I admit it but i'm not a hooligan and saturday the old bill took it too far!

Yeah I see what you're saying but remember we'll probably make some signings in January aswell and if we're still top 6 by then then we'll definatly have some money to spend to get us where we wanna be!

But get a target man and you should be fine!

Maybe you will spend a bit of money, and that will make your team stronger than it is already. However the only player who actually stood out to me yesterday for you lot was Barnes on the right wing. Nobody else in your side looked special. The next meeting between us should be a lot closer and I feel (given the signings we make) we'll get something out of it :)

great sum up there mate we were awful you wen't much better and the atmosphere was tremendous.

The stories are true about h/t btw. :angry:

when did derby ever play passing football?

derby are the most luckiest side in the league and the bad results will start soon!

isnt pride park dated,looks like money needs spending on the ground aswell as the team!

when did derby ever play passing football?

derby are the most luckiest side in the league and the bad results will start soon!

isnt pride park dated,looks like money needs spending on the ground aswell as the team!

Someone sounds a bit biiter :D

Another Ram fan here!

Pretty much agree with what the first guy said. Did actually think it was a pretty good atmosphere, the best we've had this season.

You didn't play too well to be fair, the hoof ball game suited us over your small front men and when you've got Matty Fryatt up against Leacock/Johnson in the air, then theres only ever gonna be one winner. If you played it more on the deck then you would have caused a lot more problems.

As for the penalty, I didn't really see it as I sat to the opposite end to you lot but my initial reaction to it was that the linesman had flagged for offside but apparently not. Haven't yet seen it on TV so not sure what to make of it but I'd have been annoyed if it was the other way around!

As for the result, a draw would probably have been fair because there was no clear chances but was a good goal and finish in the end. Didn't feel that you could handle Barnes down the right, especially in the first-half and by the second half you had at least two men on him, at one time three!

Don't agree with the comment about you finishing above us this season. If you carry on like that then it could be a long season and from what I've read it seems as if you're turning on Rob Kelly.

MM's millions won't change your season around instantly although it will obviously help out a bit! Might have trouble tempting players to come aswell as by the looks of it, it's gonna be a long season! You definatly need a new striker, a target man, someone like Stevie Howard who can hold the ball up because if you're gonna be lumping it up then little old Matty Fryatt aint gonna do nothing with it!

Joel

He didn't say higher than you, just higher, so presumable higher than we currently are. :P

First of all, decent support form you lot yesterday and I thought the atmosphere was really good from both sets of fans.

Id like to say first of all, If the stories are true about half time yesterday regarding that little lad, then the Police should face some sort of action. There is a fine line nowadays between doing your job and going OTT. However, without actually being there, someting must of happened that wound the the police up. My sympathy goes out to the kid IF he was beaten by the police as violence like that has no place in football.

However to the game....

You lot were very poor yesterday however we weren't at our best. Your not the worst side to come to PP this year, that acolade goes to Southend, though your not far off. :P

I thought your tactics were all wrong against us.PP is a place to play football and pass the ball around but RK obviously went for the long ball approach and not many teams beat us by playing that sort of a game against us. It was a normal 'derby' game with very few chances and scrappy and both teams found it hard to adapt to the game at first.

As for your penalty, I had a great view of it and it sort of hit half his hand arm and half his chest, which by the letter of the law is a free kick to derby, however it is extremly harsh on you lot and I dont thin the handball was intentional. I dont think anyone really deserved to win and I wouldn't have complained with a draw.

I think its going to be a tough season for you lot,even with MM coming in. But we'll wait and see.

Good luck for the remainder of the season and see you at the Walkers!

I think everything you've said there is spot on mate.

both sets of fans were great but I truly think that its easy for you lot to be so loud when your 5th in the table, winning 1-0 and dominating your rivals in the game :thumbup:

your right with saying we were poor, as we really were and I didnt feel too robbed with that linesman after the game because we didnt deserve anything anyway sadly :(

your right with saying we were poor, as we really were and I didnt feel too robbed with that linesman after the game because we didnt deserve anything anyway sadly :(

Yeah I see what you're saying there and the decision from the lino at least gives you something to moan about by saying you were robbed. Not saying that in a bad way or anything like that, I'd have done the same if roles were reversed but you get my point. Also seems as if Kelly needed to moan at something because he'd have a lot to answer to after that perfromance.

He did a good job towards the end of last season but I think you should of tried to get someone more experienced, Mick McCarthy was going at the start of the season and even though he's not that good he could of got you out of this division or certainly in a better position than what you're alredy in.

From a Derby fans perspective and reading this forum for the past day or so (ours is down at the mo!) it don't sound as if he'll be with you by the end of the season. Shame because he seems a top bloke who tries but much like Phil Brown for us, just aint good enough.

Archived