Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

FT on Dodds

Found this on FT:

I just thought it made a contrast to the comments of "not fit, won't track back, won't pass, can't shoot, no control," aimed at our current strikers...

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?opt...id=251&Itemid=2

it says that he not that tall and not that fast and he did only score at non-league level. i hope he turns into a world beater but i'm not convinced he's the answer.

Can't see the harm in playing Dodds atm. Fryatt is poor, Elvis runs but doesn't really do much else the majority of the time and COG is wherever he is. Dodds is a name I've been hearing for a while and the only way to find out whether he is good enough or not is to bring him in and ask him to match or do better than our current strikers in our current state.

Can't see the harm in playing Dodds atm. Fryatt is poor, Elvis runs but doesn't really do much else the majority of the time and COG is wherever he is. Dodds is a name I've been hearing for a while and the only way to find out whether he is good enough or not is to bring him in and ask him to match or do better than our current strikers in our current state.

Exactly, he'll never fail or succeed if he's never played.

He doesn't have the physical advantages of terrific pace or great height and will need to make up for that with his awareness of the game and getting into good positions.

I might just be a really negative person but Matty Fryatt's started a double figure amount of games for us this season and two of the problems that have stood out for me are his lack of pace and lack of abilty in the air. It would appear that Dodds has similar weaknesses if this report is to be believed. I can't see how Dodds will be an improvement on Fryatt other than his possible increased match sharpness. I've seen Dodds play a fair few times, a couple of times in midfield and a few times as a striker. Give him space around the goal and he can kill you, give him the ball to him when in space and something is likely to happen but when have our strikers been given the space to look up and shoot this season? Hardly ever. The front two get crowded out becuase there's been very little support from midfield in terms of getting men in positions that distract defenders. I'm afraid you can look at differing combinations up front all night and still come up with a combo that has Hume and another with Hume bagging the majority of the goals because he is able to create chances for himself out of nothing whether he's pressured by defenders or not. The other strikers can't do this and I don't think Dodds is any different although he's probably the closest we've got to a striker who can after Hume.

I might just be a really negative person but Matty Fryatt's started a double figure amount of games for us this season and two of the problems that have stood out for me are his lack of pace and lack of abilty in the air. It would appear that Dodds has similar weaknesses if this report is to be believed. I can't see how Dodds will be an improvement on Fryatt other than his possible increased match sharpness. I've seen Dodds play a fair few times, a couple of times in midfield and a few times as a striker. Give him space around the goal and he can kill you, give him the ball to him when in space and something is likely to happen but when have our strikers been given the space to look up and shoot this season? Hardly ever. The front two get crowded out becuase there's been very little support from midfield in terms of getting men in positions that distract defenders. I'm afraid you can look at differing combinations up front all night and still come up with a combo that has Hume and another with Hume bagging the majority of the goals because he is able to create chances for himself out of nothing whether he's pressured by defenders or not. The other strikers can't do this and I don't think Dodds is any different although he's probably the closest we've got to a striker who can after Hume.

Spot on as usual. :thumbup:

agreed all the way mate :thumbup::D

agreed all the way mate :thumbup::D

So simple question then. Why the hell is Dodds pissing about and wasting his time at Leicester at this stage of his career because, so far, the season has been nothing but water treading for him?.

We are doing sod all to improve either his game or his career right now from what I can see no matter how limited our striking resources. If he's not going to get a chance in today's circumstances, he's not going to change enough to get a chance later.

Let the lad go. Stick with Fryatt... perhaps send him a letter to remind him the football season's started and would he mind getting fit and showing himself capable of putting himself out for an hour and a half every so often.

So far it looks like signing autographs for people with stars in their eyes is about the only serious exercise he's done.

I've just appointed JBF as my new spokesperson/proxy opinion giver.

He's spot on..

Archived