Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Barnsley fans threaten to boycott leicester game

At the end of the day why should they get discount, just because the kind people at LCFC gave us discount, why should they have it, its not like LCFC are adding more money on, they should shut up and stop moaning because we never moan!

When this fixture came out with the ticket prices as they were!!! i was expecting barnsley to get cheap tickets too to encourage and big crowed and good atmosphere. maybe at £15 pounds.

why are some city fans so against away fans getting cheap tickets too.

I seriously can't see why they should be given discounts! We werent given a discount when charged £30 at derby or birmingham!! I remeber a few seasons ago, away at forest on a friday night, ticket prices went up! £32, leicester took 4,000. Its not as if away ticket prices have been put up for barnsley. They are getting the same deal as every other set of away fans coming to leicester. I think they should fook off, and stop being such tight shits. :thumbup::D

I don't like it. You don't like it. But that's capitalism for you. You can argue about the philosophy of it 'til the cows come home, but the Barnsley fans have no grounds to expect Leicester City Football Club to discount tickets to them just because the Club's introduced a scheme to encourage it's OWN fans back into the ground.

I agree I'm being a bit high-minded about it. I also agree we need the money. You've nailed the issue better than I could have done. :thumbup:

My personal view - based on absolutely no insight or research - is that "fan's fixtures" simply fill up the ground for two or three unglamourous fixtures, and will do nothing to attract new/absentee fans. Bums-on-seats are achieved by winning matches, and backed up by sensible, fair ticket prices.

I just think everyone going to watch the match should pay the same rates - there we go... :)

This thread, in part, goes some way to highlighting why English football is going down the sh*tter.

Archived