Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Barnsley fans threaten to boycott leicester game

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_ch...MHD=nationwide1

Barnsley supporters' trust are considering staging a demonstration outside Leicester's Walkers Stadium when the sides meet in the Coca-Cola Championship next weekend.

The Tykes, who are preparing for Sunday's visit of West Brom, could find themselves without a single away fan inside the ground on Saturday after the trust also called for a boycott of the match.

They are furious the Foxes have heavily discounted tickets for their own fans but not for away supporters.

The Yorkshire club have pleaded with fans to ignore the boycott, mooted in a statement from the trust, which read: "The trust would urge all Barnsley supporters to boycott the game and write to Leicester to protest at these ticketing arrangements.

"In addition, the trust are interested to hear views on a peaceful demonstration outside the Walkers Stadium to show our disappointment on Leicester's pricing."

Barnsley in turn released their own statement, which read: "Leicester will be running a special discount for home supporters at this game, which they are perfectly entitled to do under Football League regulations.

"Barnsley FC would urge all fans to travel to Leicester and show their backing for Simon Davey and his team at the Walkers Stadium."

Yeah but £27 to see us v Derby/Wolves is fine!

I know we have reduced tickets for the Barnsley game as said in the story but we have to pay stupid prices to see away matches aswell.

P.S - Fleckney Fox - Before you slag there fans off for moaning, Take a look at our fans!

I was expecting barnsley to get some sort of discount as did crewe last season when the club did a fans fixture. If they had i am sure barnsley would have brought more away fans and bigger crowed and better atmosphere.

perhaps our very own ST holders could join in. They seem to be a bit annoyed about lack of discounts.

<_<

I will be hanging around with a tin asking for spare change so that I can afford a new shirt now they are taking my 10% away. Give generously. :thumbup:

Maybes| That sounds perfectly logical although I think Football League rules state that the home team HAS to supply an area in which away supporters can be seated.

Or do you mean Barnsley buy all the tickets from Leicester and then sell them on?

lol it only affects their own club becuase I am lead to believe that barnsley buy the allocation off leicester then sell to their own fans.....I think, however I could be wrong?? :mellow:

I think the away team gets the initial allocation, and any that are unsold from that can be returned to us and they don't pay for them, they just hand over what they've earnt from selling them. However, if they want a larger allocation, they must buy the tickets, and can't return any unsold ones to us.

I think that's how it works :ph34r:

Discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters provided always that each Club shall be permitted to designate four (4) matches per season as 'local promotion' matches where this Regulation shall be deemed not to apply.

why couldn;t our fans fixture be against someone with good support! Sunderland and Leeds fans would never moan about this they'd bring 3,000 and be done with it now thanks to Barnsley our 30k attendance will be more like 26 plus they'll put people in the block between L1 and the away fans! to completely kill the atmosphere, unless the kop fancies trying.

What a load of crap I've just read in this thread.

Barnsley fans have every right to complain if they feel they're being ripped off. Away fans have been treated like second-class citizens for some time now. How many posters were up in arms over the alleged treatment of away fans at Derby recently?

I think discounted matches are a load of rubbish. If the club set its basic ticket prices at a sensible level (including season tickets), there wouldn't be any need for these "fans' fixtures". It's just ridiculous that two sets of fans should have to pay different prices to watch the same match.

LCFC's ticketing and marketing baffles me. They seem to chop and change their schemes and prices at the drop of a hat, with no sense of direction or even the slightest understanding of what their "customers" actually want. Which I assume is simply affordable football, and not all the pointless commercial sh*t rammed down our throats?

I think the fact that "we're treated the same" at other grounds is irrelevant. It would be nice if our club took a lead and showed a bit of respect for football fans.

The same goes for some posters in this forum.

Archived