Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest mike charles

adams out!

I think every point you make is shit, basically. He's barely put a foot wrong, and you people don't seem to realise real life isn't like Championship Manager.

You complain that McKinley was released. But then cry that Gemmil is being trialed. Do you have any idea how ****ing stupid you sound? McKinley's reputation was even worse than Gemmils when he came in, but now he's seen as a god? Yet we give Gemmil a trial, and Mickey's being an idiot?

Then another point, is that the trialists who didn't perform (Isaac, Mawene) weren't signed?? What?? You think we should have signed them even though they're rubbish, but complain that we signed rubbish players like Hignett?

I just don't understand what you people want.

fair doo's. i think like-wise

That's why you wanted him sacked? :huh:

i meant when he said everything i say is shit.

That didn't make any sense at all.

i meant that i think that ever point maddog made is also shit. soz for the confusion B)

I can see both points of view here....

On the one hand we are playing in a strongish league with a team that'll need time to gel. Although I am optomistic I do wonder what happens if we dont go back up first time. Another season of rebuilding??? One part of me thinks we should have gone for a slightly better mix of youth and experieince. Much as Leeds have done.

On the other hand we have to accept that Micky knows more about gaining promotion form this division than any of us and probably more than any other manager in the division. I am happy with the majority of his signings and lets face it, no one is gonna fancy coming to the Walkers.

However calling for Micky's head as premature. If his policy doesnt work this season then maybe lets look at it next year but at the moment he needs our full backing. If someone had told you doubters at the end of last season that we would have Connolly, Dublin, Keown, Williams and Tiatto, surely you would have been over the moon. If we get Carsley, Makin and A N Other we are set for a strong season. In fact, I would make us favourites on paper!!

I think every point you make is shit, basically. He's barely put a foot wrong, and you people don't seem to realise real life isn't like Championship Manager.

You complain that McKinley was released. But then cry that Gemmil is being trialed. Do you have any idea how ****ing stupid you sound? McKinley's reputation was even worse than Gemmils when he came in, but now he's seen as a god? Yet we give Gemmil a trial, and Mickey's being an idiot?

Then another point, is that the trialists who didn't perform (Isaac, Mawene) weren't signed?? What?? You think we should have signed them even though they're rubbish, but complain that we signed rubbish players like Hignett?

i meant that i think that ever point mad dof make sis also shit. soz for the confusion B)

So you're saying every point that Maddog said was also shit? :huh:

Hi Guys.

If you ever get fed up with Micky, we'll have him back like a shot on the sunny south coast. B)

He's still a god down here.  Stick by him, he'll not let you down.

Respect to any of ya who played in the fans game in Burgess Hill on Sunday.

A credit to your club!

Best Wishes for the season (Except 2 games perhaps) ;O)

Hey mate, was at the fans game, didnt play but got drunk afterwards in the cobblers, were you their ?

was the one that won the signed city matchball, well me gf did :)

i meant that i think that ever point mad dof make sis also shit. soz for the confusion B)

So you're saying every point that Maddog said was also shit? :huh:

yeah :)

On the one hand we are playing in a strongish league with a team that'll need time to gel. Although I am optomistic I do wonder what happens if we dont go back up first time. Another season of rebuilding??? One part of me thinks we should have gone for a slightly better mix of youth and experieince. Much as Leeds have done.

On the other hand we have to accept that Micky knows more about gaining promotion form this division than any of us and probably more than any other manager in the division. I am happy with the majority of his signings and lets face it, no one is gonna fancy coming to the Walkers.

However calling for Micky's head as premature. If his policy doesnt work this season then maybe lets look at it next year but at the moment he needs our full backing. If someone had told you doubters at the end of last season that we would have Connolly, Dublin, Keown, Williams and Tiatto, surely you would have been over the moon. If we get Carsley, Makin and A N Other we are set for a strong season. In fact, I would make us favourites on paper!!

Excellent post, a few people should read and learn from that.

I'm happy with Connolly Dublin Williams and maybe Keown who knows. So i guess just that has exceeded my expectations for summer signings, i just hate the way he picks up oldies for the sake of it, it halts youth progress!

me 2, but i'd like adams to not sign 39 year old keepers, and hold someone like logan back. dont adams know that wlaker is out of contract next year, and likely to leave, so why dont he sign a promoisiong keeper like rhy evans, who wa son a free and england u21 international.

There's no point in saying it's 'shit' without explaining why. Please think before you post, because reading some of your messages are getting very tiring now as they're difficult to understand......

There's no point in saying it's 'shit' without explaining why. Please think before you post, because reading some of your messages are getting very tiring now as they're difficult to understand......

kk i'll try from now on B)

me 2, but i'd like adams to not sign 39 year old keepers, and hold someone like logan back. dont adams know that wlaker is out of contract next year, and likely to leave, so why dont he sign a promoisiong keeper like rhy evans, who wa son a free and england u21 international.

Because Evans is shit, and Logan is obviously not good enough to be backup yet. If he was, he'd be backup. Pressman is a better keeper than Logan is. I appreciate the fact that maybe a couple of you have seen Logan play a couple of times for the U19s or whatever, but Micky and the backroom team have seen more of him in the last two weeks of preseason than any of us will ever see. They know when he's good enough.

You moan about not signing older players for the sake of it, but you want us to play younger, worse players just for the sake of it because they're younger. Bizarre.

I can't believe people are slating adams. The guy has done an excellent job for city and even if he was sacked we wouldn't be able to replace him with anyone better. The constant moaning about the older players that are being brought in is completely unwarranted. When we were promoted from the first division the last time our best players were izzet, taggart, mckinlay, elliot, deane and dickov - all approaching or well into their thirties. and lets admit it, we were promoted with ease.

I get so annoyed with people complaining about the youngsters who are not given a chance. If they were good enough they would play. Derby played a youthful team last season and nearly ended up relegated. I expect this season we will see younger players in the likes of heath, morris, canero, stewart and wright but we need experience if we are to get out of this division.

Im supporting adams fully. When Im at the walkers ill cheer city and adams on as much as i can. If any of you so called supporters choose to boo then thats your choice but i think you should seriouly question your reasoning.

Quite right. Support Micky. You lot are mad for doubting him.

i've had enough, 1st hignett, pressman, notw gemmil. i'm afraid micky has lost the plot. he didnt sign isaac, or mawene.  :unsure:

wtf is he doing. he should get the sack, but he wont cos of the miracles he did with a "premeirship" side the last time we were promoted.

he needs to look at the 

long term
future of the club. not just one seaon. now makin is here will canero not play? why is pressman back-up and not someone like logan? why is benjamin infront of wright?

he is just not good enough to be a decent manager.

a) so you would rather have a kid with no experience as backup than an experienced pro?? If walker got injured and was out for a month and Logan came in he could be shit and you would moan that micky didnt sign someome experienced. And visa versa, the guy cant win!

B) Isaac and mawene, I dont see to many teams snapping them up do you? They must be great!! :rolleyes: How many minutes did hignett play!!?? Not many... against leeds he played really well, against arsenal he had a bad game but who doesnt, oh an he still scored. Maybe you should give adams your crystal ball as you seem to be able to see into the future.

c) You say 'will Canero not play?' Well if he isn't fit then no he wont!!! He has been injured for quite a few games pre season so far already. Also how can you slag someone off when you dont know the answer to the question yourself.... 'will Canero not play?' :rolleyes: If makin is a better player then play him... why play someone who is younger if you dont think they are better than the older player. Thats just stupid!!! The aim is to get promoted not to have a team of average youngsters.

d) Long term?? You mean buying players like morris, connolly, canero, williams and playing heath, stewart, benji... and blooding wright, stearman, dawson like he has pre season. With having not much money what else do you suggest he does.

May be he should play the under 17's every week, and people like you and pet rescue will be happy then. The starting team could quite possibly be the following:- walker, canero, heath, stewart, dabizas, scowcroft, williams, carsley ;) , tiatto, Connolly, Dublin. Well old!!!??

e) Why benji infront of wright? Check how many goals benji scored for cambridge and how many wright scored when in the lower divisions on loan. What the F'ck has wright done to deserve a chance ahead of benjamin.... the answer nothing!!!! Stop believeing pet rescue hype.

f) 'he is just not good enough to be a decent manager' that doesnt even deserve a reply... pathetic!!!!

Tell me what manager you think would be better and what players you think he should sign if adams aren't good enough!!

i've had enough, 1st hignett, pressman, notw gemmil. i'm afraid micky has lost the plot. he didnt sign isaac, or mawene.  :unsure:

wtf is he doing. he should get the sack, but he wont cos of the miracles he did with a "premeirship" side the last time we were promoted.

he needs to look at the 

long term
future of the club. not just one seaon. now makin is here will canero not play? why is pressman back-up and not someone like logan? why is benjamin infront of wright?

he is just not good enough to be a decent manager.

a) so you would rather have a kid with no experience as backup than an experienced pro?? If walker got injured and was out for a month and Logan came in he could be shit and you would moan that micky didnt sign someome experienced. And visa versa, the guy cant win!

B) Isaac and mawene, I dont see to many teams snapping them up do you? They must be great!! :rolleyes: How many minutes did hignett play!!?? Not many... against leeds he played really well, against arsenal he had a bad game but who doesnt, oh an he still scored. Maybe you should give adams your crystal ball as you seem to be able to see into the future.

c) You say 'will Canero not play?' Well if he isn't fit then no he wont!!! He has been injured for quite a few games pre season so far already. Also how can you slag someone off when you dont know the answer to the question yourself.... 'will Canero not play?' :rolleyes: If makin is a better player then play him... why play someone who is younger if you dont think they are better than the older player. Thats just stupid!!! The aim is to get promoted not to have a team of average youngsters.

d) Long term?? You mean buying players like morris, connolly, canero, williams and playing heath, stewart, benji... and blooding wright, stearman, dawson like he has pre season. With having not much money what else do you suggest he does.

May be he should play the under 17's every week, and people like you and pet rescue will be happy then. The starting team could quite possibly be the following:- walker, canero, heath, stewart, dabizas, scowcroft, williams, carsley ;) , tiatto, Connolly, Dublin. Well old!!!??

e) Why benji infront of wright? Check how many goals benji scored for cambridge and how many wright scored when in the lower divisions on loan. What the F'ck has wright done to deserve a chance ahead of benjamin.... the answer nothing!!!! Stop believeing pet rescue hype.

f) 'he is just not good enough to be a decent manager' that doesnt even deserve a reply... pathetic!!!!

Tell me what manager you think would be better and what players you think he should sign if adams aren't good enough!!

Reality clicks in at last, well said Baylon.

Arse and talking out of comes to mind whenever I visit this site.

Hi Guys.

If you ever get fed up with Micky, we'll have him back like a shot on the sunny south coast. B)

He's still a god down here.  Stick by him, he'll not let you down.

Respect to any of ya who played in the fans game in Burgess Hill on Sunday.

A credit to your club!

Best Wishes for the season (Except 2 games perhaps) ;O)

Hey mate, was at the fans game, didnt play but got drunk afterwards in the cobblers, were you their ?

was the one that won the signed city matchball, well me gf did :)

Hi BMR

I didnt play either, old war wound but thats another story :P

I was the gobby one behind the goal by the bar (best of both worlds)

I won the bottle of champers in the HT raffle :D

I was in the Cobblers in the evening, right in the opposite corner from you guys, had a fine evening with 2 pints in front of me at any one time :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed our disjointed version of "Sussex by the Sea" Ooer Mrs...

See ya next year aye?

Gong down hill it is. (the leve of conversation)

Free speech is alright when people talk sense but there's some complete sh1t being spouted here.

People calling for Mickey's sacking are completely wrong and are apparently not aware fully (still) of the financial constraints on the business.

Yes, business, that's what we are.

Spending more money than you have coming in is bad in any household or business. It means you become insolvent and cannot survive.

kk, maybe sacking micky is a bit extreme.

but he should change the ways he manages the club.

not make strange buys like hignett, brooker etc.

and strange subsitutions that cost us survival last year.

His strange substitutions did not cost us survival last year, it was the quality if player. He did very wele to assemble a side that could compete in that division on the budget he was given.

Look at the sides that finished just above the bottom three.

Everton- 2 England Intrernational keepers, 5 million pound centre back in Yobo and the soon to be best player in the world Wayne Rooney

Man City- Strike foroce of Fowler and Anelka costing £20million, England number one goalie. Extortionate wages throughout the squad.

Blackburn- Cole and Yorke upfront who won the champions league 4 seasons ago, can sign Jon Stead mid-season for 1.5 million because theyt are in trouble. Bret Emerton cost them a few bob because he is class.

HOw do you expect us to compete with these sides?

I don't think you can blame the substitutions on us getting relegated last season - We simply were not good enough. Ok, you could argue that we should have held on to some of the winning positions we had, but I think it had more to do with our style of play, and the fact we couldn't retain possession of the ball to keep the opposition at bay. We would sit too deep, and often not have an outlet to hold the ball....

Plus, we made far too many individual errors.....

I don't think you can blame the substitutions on us getting relegated last season - We simply were not good enough. Ok, you could argue that we should have held on to some of the winning positions we had, but I think it had more to do with our style of play, and the fact we couldn't retain possession of the ball to keep the opposition at bay. We would sit too deep, and often not have an outlet to hold the ball....

Plus, we made far too many individual errors.....

yeah, but rememebr the start of last seaon we were passing the ball and dar ei say it playing with flair. the problem was that everytime we got the ball it was hoofed to ferdinand or scowy on the wing.

also when we had a lead we tried to defend it not play as we were before.

we had a good defence for 80 minutes. then the worst one for the last 10(+injury time)

and i think that we could have survived with a bit of luck.

was it 8 own goals last seaon how unlucky can u get?

Even when we were passing the ball about at the start of the season, we still surrendered points.

But what do you expect? All our players were free transfers - You get what you pay for. Good defenders cost money, and we simply didn't have that.

It's all about quality at the end of the day, and we didn't have that. There is not much more that Micky could have done with the funds at his disposal.

Players like Gillespie and Hignett proved they were Premiership players before, and Micky took a gamble on them hoping they would prove they were still up for it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. But who else could we have realistically brought in to the club? Our squad was so thin, it was vital we strengthened it.

Even when we were passing the ball about at the start of the season, we still surrendered points.

But what do you expect? All our players were free transfers - You get what you pay for. Good defenders cost money, and we simply didn't have that.

It's all about quality at the end of the day, and we didn't have that. There is not much more that Micky could have done with the funds at his disposal.

Players like Gillespie and Hignett proved they were Premiership players before, and Micky took a gamble on them hoping they would prove they were still up for it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. But who else could we have realistically brought in to the club? Our squad was so thin, it was vital we strengthened it.

but i also think micky should have stuck with a settled defence beacauce thathcer apart, all of them were about the same quality. he shoudl ahve chosen his 1st choice back 4 and stuck with it.

but i also think micky should have stuck with a settled defence beacauce thathcer apart, all of them were about the same quality. he shoudl ahve chosen his 1st choice back 4 and stuck with it.

**unless the player playes really bad for 2 or so games, not just one.

Archived