Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suffolk_fox

Posting Problem using Firefox!

For some bizarre reason, I cannot post replies on here using Firefox tonight. I have had to use IE6 (yuk!)

Clicking Quick Reply does nothing, and if I click 'Add Reply' then everything pops up as normal except for the white part which you are supposed to type in. Weird, no?

Has my wife clicked something she shouldn't have? Or is FT discriminating against FF??

Obviously it is a problem with me/my computer.

I think I will attempt the highly technical 'cure all' as recommended by IT professionals everywhere.

Switch off and switch it back on again....

Don't knock it until you've tried it :thumbup:

Obviously it is a problem with me/my computer.

I think I will attempt the highly technical 'cure all' as recommended by IT professionals everywhere.

Switch off and switch it back on again....

That's not what the professionals suggest...

... it's what the tech support people suggest.

Two entirely different kettles of fish. ;)

Hey it's always served me well :ph34r:

Whats so good about Firefox anyway? :dunno:

(Seriously someone tell me I hate to miss out on things)

a) It is quicker than IE

b) It is more secure than IE

c) Features like tabbed browsing (only recently launched on IE) and restore sessions - if you accidentally close your browser or if it closes unexpectedly eg during a crash, you can re open it at the same page

d) It isn't made by Microsoft :ph34r:

Oh, they are both professional compared to ....... me

Wrong.

Most tech support people for home computers are just trained chimps. Proper professionals work for enterprise systems, not Joe Average and his crappy little PC. lol

Or they always seem that way when I have to call them... why must they tell me to reboot? I'm three steps ahead of you, you pillock. lol

Wrong.

Most tech support people for home computers are just trained chimps. Proper professionals work for enterprise systems, not Joe Average and his crappy little PC. lol

Or they always seem that way when I have to call them... why must they tell me to reboot? I'm three steps ahead of you, you pillock. lol

Is a professional not just someone who gets paid to do something? Or am I being a picky little wazzock?

Is a professional not just someone who gets paid to do something? Or am I being a picky little wazzock?

Yes... technically.

But when that 'professionals' career is built around dubious one-liners like "shut up and reboot", I feel the need to refute the professionals right to be called a professional at all. lol

I wonder how many FF users there are compared to IE?

Maybe Lookydoo can whorepost his way to putting a poll up (cos I frankly can't be arsed right now!)

There was a poll some time back... rather than dredge it up, I'll start a brand spanking new one... that way the numbers will be more relevant to today. After all, the old one was done almost fifteen months ago. :ph34r:

Here's the new one. ;)

Yes... technically.

But when that 'professionals' career is built around dubious one-liners like "shut up and reboot", I feel the need to refute the professionals right to be called a professional at all. lol

It is when they try and over complicate the process I get annoyed.

Look at the back of your PC/laptop/Sky box/food blender, it should be black. Trace it back to the power point.....

There was a poll some time back... rather than dredge it up, I'll start a brand spanking new one... that way the numbers will be more relevant to today. After all, the old one was done almost fifteen months ago. :ph34r:

Here's the new one. ;)

Ah, Lookydo, so helpful! You should change your name to Mr Foxestalk. No seriously you should...

Archived