Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tewkesbury-fox

un-disclosed transfers help me out here

Undisclosed fees...

1 - Neither side wants opponents to know how much they have spent/now have to spend.

2 - It's a huge amount and everyone (including the taxman) will wonder where they got the wonga from.

3 - There's no set fee as the deal is levered according to staying up/going down/international caps/general appearances/goals scored.

4 - The deal is Bung central and its been done for cash in the car park at Woodall Services.

5 - It's a free, and they don't want to embarass the player (or the club who have made a huge loss on the player).

Undisclosed fees...

1 - Neither side wants opponents to know how much they have spent/now have to spend.

2 - It's a huge amount and everyone (including the taxman) will wonder where they got the wonga from.

3 - There's no set fee as the deal is levered according to staying up/going down/international caps/general appearances/goals scored.

4 - The deal is Bung central and its been done for cash in the car park at Woodall Services.

5 - It's a free, and they don't want to embarass the player (or the club who have made a huge loss on the player).

I really like your number 4 option :D

but in our case its probably 5 :blink:

I really like your number 4 option :D

but in our case its probably 5 :blink:

one of the papers yesterday mentioned a figure of £250,000 for Williams which given that he'll be off for free in a couple of months might be a good deal if this guess is accurate

Undisclosed is usually there to act as a smoke-screen for managers either doing other business or trying to keep there own fans quiet.

An example can be Leicester. If we sold Williams for £750k and only bought in 3 loan signings, most of us would have a moan. If we sold him for £100k, we would question the validity of the sale at that price and why so cheap. Also had we sold him for £1m (lol), we announce it as undisclosed and if bidding for a 3rd party player we would plead poverty! Its all mind games at the end of the day and its a smoke screen.

There is a sell on clause associated with williams as I recall. In the (as it turned out ) unlikely event that we were ever able to turn a profit on a player signed by MA/HM/CL or RK we would have to let Forest know about it so they could get their entitlement - F*** all thankfully

Archived