Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Australian connection getting bigger

When I was in Australia over Christmas, I was saying Leicester had a few Aussies playing for us, Apart from Tiatto they hadn't heard of any of the others, I kept going on about Kisnorbo to them saying he is one of our best players this season and that it was only a matter of time before he was selected and played for Australia, The first match since I have come back and he plays. Hopefully they realised who I was going on about, Mind you sounds like he's had a bad game, I bet they think "No wonder Leicester are so bad".

I also told them about Wesolowski aswell, they hadn't heard of him either.

Done his confidence a world of good then!...ahemm..bring on the tractor boys :blink:

No offense, but Kisnorbo has been nothing short of awful so far... at fault for Denmarks 2nd and 3rd goals...

Well played Kisnorbo who let the opposition win as he knows the Aussies have done our heads in during the Ashes and ODI series. You are a real star and thanks for making the Aussies lose on purpose :whistle::unsure:

Both goals were crosses from the right. For the 2nd goal he didn't communicate well enough with his defensive partner and they collided, leaving Daniel Jensen, whos not exactly known for his heading prowess, completely unchallenged to put it in the back of the net. For the third, he was marking Tomasson and was ball watching instead of keeping an eye on his marker.

Also, I'm not quite sure if he's playing left back or central defense... I guess that's due to Australias defense being all over the place :D

I'd say centre back if he was marking Tomasson at any point, if they played him at left back they got what they deserved tbh, I've herd some horror storys about him playing left back form Hearts fans.

When I was in Australia over Christmas, I was saying Leicester had a few Aussies playing for us, Apart from Tiatto they hadn't heard of any of the others, I kept going on about Kisnorbo to them saying he is one of our best players this season and that it was only a matter of time before he was selected and played for Australia, The first match since I have come back and he plays. Hopefully they realised who I was going on about, Mind you sounds like he's had a bad game, I bet they think "No wonder Leicester are so bad".

I also told them about Wesolowski aswell, they hadn't heard of him either.

Obviously, your campaign is starting to bear fruit now :P

I'd say centre back if he was marking Tomasson at any point, if they played him at left back they got what they deserved tbh, I've herd some horror storys about him playing left back form Hearts fans.

Sorry my bad, I meant right back (not that it makes it any better from a coaching point of view).

I found this though on an Australian site that clears it up:

"Three-nil was certainly not a fair reflection of play in the first half, especially with Australia having two goals disallowed, but was a result of the Socceroos leaving themselves exposed at the full back position, making life extremely difficult for young centre back pairing Patrick Kisnorbo and Michael Thwaite."

And Australian Foxsports seem to indicate Australia lined up with 3 centrebacks.

It's all about opinions and I guess only the manager's matter at this stage.

Skip Stars In Aussie Defeat

0,,10274~3103190,00.jpg

Leicester City defender Patrick Kisnorbo was singled out for praise by Socceroos coach Graham Arnold following his side's 3-1 defeat at the hands of Denmark at Loftus Road on Tuesday night.

It was the first loss for Australia in matches played on English soil since 1993.

But despite the reverse, Arnold remained positive and confirmed that the friendly international had given him the chance to take a good look at his squad.

He said: "I have learned a lot. We are in the unique situation now with these friendly games where we can try things.

"(Michael) Thwaite and (Patrick) Kisnorbo settled into the game much better in the second half and were both very good.

Brett Holman was outstanding as was Ryan Griffiths.

"I think the depth is getting there. We need to expose these players to international football to give them the experience, to learn, to test themselves.

"There are some players who are not cut out for international football, but I feel those four are getting closer and closer and will make our squad bigger."

Kisnorbo will now return to the City camp ahead of their Championship clash against Ipswich Town at Portman Road this weekend.

James Wesolowski, who had been invited along to the camp to train with the Aussie squad, did not make the final 16 on the night.

Match Details

Australia 1 (Brett Emerton 85)

Denmark 3 (Jon Dahl Tomasson 5/38, Daniel Jensen 28)

Australian line-up: Michael Petkovic (gk); Brett Emerton ©, Patrick Kisnorbo, Michael Thwaite, Scott Chipperfield, Vince Grella, Josip Skoko (Jacob Burns 67), Tim Cahill (Ryan Griffiths 75), Mile Sterjovski, Brett Holman, John Aloisi

Subs not used: Brad Jones (gk); Shane Stefanutto, Jon McKain, Scott McDonald, Neil Kilkenny

It's all about opinions and I guess only the manager's matter at this stage.

Skip Stars In Aussie Defeat

0,,10274~3103190,00.jpg

Leicester City defender Patrick Kisnorbo was singled out for praise by Socceroos coach Graham Arnold following his side's 3-1 defeat at the hands of Denmark at Loftus Road on Tuesday night.

It was the first loss for Australia in matches played on English soil since 1993.

But despite the reverse, Arnold remained positive and confirmed that the friendly international had given him the chance to take a good look at his squad.

He said: "I have learned a lot. We are in the unique situation now with these friendly games where we can try things.

"(Michael) Thwaite and (Patrick) Kisnorbo settled into the game much better in the second half and were both very good.

Brett Holman was outstanding as was Ryan Griffiths.

"I think the depth is getting there. We need to expose these players to international football to give them the experience, to learn, to test themselves.

"There are some players who are not cut out for international football, but I feel those four are getting closer and closer and will make our squad bigger."

Kisnorbo will now return to the City camp ahead of their Championship clash against Ipswich Town at Portman Road this weekend.

James Wesolowski, who had been invited along to the camp to train with the Aussie squad, did not make the final 16 on the night.

Match Details

Australia 1 (Brett Emerton 85)

Denmark 3 (Jon Dahl Tomasson 5/38, Daniel Jensen 28)

Australian line-up: Michael Petkovic (gk); Brett Emerton ©, Patrick Kisnorbo, Michael Thwaite, Scott Chipperfield, Vince Grella, Josip Skoko (Jacob Burns 67), Tim Cahill (Ryan Griffiths 75), Mile Sterjovski, Brett Holman, John Aloisi

Subs not used: Brad Jones (gk); Shane Stefanutto, Jon McKain, Scott McDonald, Neil Kilkenny

Yeah but I watched the second half out of the corner of my eye, and it really became a typical friendly. No real cohesive play, no real pressure from Denmark as the damage was done. Notice how the coach mentions he had a good second half. I'm not going to slaughter Kis for his performance as all of Australias defending was woeful, but he certainly had a substantial influence in the last two goals.

But it's good to hear that he'll get a second chance, as we know what he's capable of :thumbup:

Archived