Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Australian connection getting bigger

Duo In The Frame

0,,10274~3097792,00.jpg

Patrick Kisnorbo and James Wesolowski could both be included in the Australia squad to face Denmark at Loftus Road tonight (Tuesday).

Kisnorbo looks set to start the game, while youngster Wesolowski, who had initially been asked along to train with the team, could be promoted to the bench following a spate of injuries in the camp.

Socceroos coach Graham Arnold said: "Obviously we'll have to improvise, but it gives an opportunity for the younger players to show what they can do, with the Asian Cup in mind.

"I will go with how we finished the Ghana game (in the centre of defence), with Michael Thwaite and Patrick Kisnorbo, who did very well.

"As I have said before these are the type of guys we need to learn a lot about now and we need to fast track, because its an area of the field I've highlighted moving forward that we need to be strengthened in and it's a great opportunity for them to show what they can do."

Kisnorbo has scored seven goals for the Foxes so far this season and has been in fine form, while Wesolowski has made a total of eight starts for Rob Kelly's side during the campaign.

To be fair he's use to marking player like Jamie Cureton and David Connolly Not Jon Dahl Tommason :D

Both goals were crosses from the right. For the 2nd goal he didn't communicate well enough with his defensive partner and they collided, leaving Daniel Jensen, whos not exactly known for his heading prowess, completely unchallenged to put it in the back of the net. For the third, he was marking Tomasson and was ball watching instead of keeping an eye on his marker.

Also, I'm not quite sure if he's playing left back or central defense... I guess that's due to Australias defense being all over the place :D

When I was in Australia over Christmas, I was saying Leicester had a few Aussies playing for us, Apart from Tiatto they hadn't heard of any of the others, I kept going on about Kisnorbo to them saying he is one of our best players this season and that it was only a matter of time before he was selected and played for Australia, The first match since I have come back and he plays. Hopefully they realised who I was going on about, Mind you sounds like he's had a bad game, I bet they think "No wonder Leicester are so bad".

I also told them about Wesolowski aswell, they hadn't heard of him either.

Archived