Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Andy King and Louis Dodds

He'd play more consistently if he wasn't forever being forced further and further back to hold the hands of struggling defenders and tiring midfield players.

Help is one thing but doing half their job is another. You don't see our defenders and midfielders doing half Levi's job. Not that they could. :whistle:

Thats just bollocks Thracian.

• 2 weeks later...

well dodds is of to rochdale on a months loan now. hopefully he can get his career on track and show the leagues wat he can do. get him out of leicester . theyve messed his career up enough already leaving him out of the 1st team. he needs to get out now. hopefully rochdale will prove to be his best decision to date.

well dodds is of to rochdale on a months loan now. hopefully he can get his career on track and show the leagues wat he can do. get him out of leicester . theyve messed his career up enough already leaving him out of the 1st team. he needs to get out now. hopefully rochdale will prove to be his best decision to date.

Let's hope so. Whether Dodds is good enough for the Championship or not I think his treatment this season has been a diabolocal advertisment for the club's treatment of senior emerging players.

To have had him twiddling his thumbs matchwise virtually throughout a season which should have been the most important of his career so far was appalling.

And to this date - February 19 - after 32 League games, our main striker Matty (Fitness to Come) Fryatt has two League goals so far, the still regular substitute Elvis Hammond has four League goals and even the ever-popular Hume has scored just once in the last 14.

Once-freescoring Dodds has meanwhile not had a single chance on the bench apart from the strange occasion at Hereford when he was among the substitutes but found the manager preferred to use Sylla in central midfield as a late change - which really must have made Dodds feel valued.

Well, he has his chance now and one I know he must have been wondering if he'd ever get - with a League side.

Congratulations are due to Rochdale for taking a chance on a striker they could hardly have seen much of.

Once he's fit and assuming he escapes injuries, I'm 100% sure they won't regret it.

Let's hope so. Whether Dodds is good enough for the Championship or not I think his treatment this season has been a diabolocal advertisment for the club's treatment of senior emerging players.

To have had him twiddling his thumbs matchwise virtually throughout a season which should have been the most important of his career so far was appalling.

And to this date - February 19 - after 32 League games, our main striker Matty (Fitness to Come) Fryatt has two League goals so far, the still regular substitute Elvis Hammond has four League goals and even the ever-popular Hume has scored just once in the last 14.

Once-freescoring Dodds has meanwhile not had a single chance on the bench apart from the strange occasion at Hereford when he was among the substitutes but found the manager preferred to use Sylla in central midfield as a late change - which really must have made Dodds feel valued.

Well, he has his chance now and one I know he must have been wondering if he'd ever get - with a League side.

Congratulations are due to Rochdale for taking a chance on a striker they could hardly have seen much of.

Once he's fit and assuming he escapes injuries, I'm 100% sure they won't regret it.

I really hope he does well. It's a good move for him if he's going to get some valuable first team experince. If he does well there, I'm sure there will be a place in the team for him eventually.

Be good for him hopefully, we really would of failed him if he had left this club having never played in the football league with the amount of goals he's scored at various levels.

I really hope he does well. It's a good move for him if he's going to get some valuable first team experince. If he does well there, I'm sure there will be a place in the team for him eventually.

I'm tempted to say perhaps when our strikers are having a REALLY lean spell. :D

But I don't think so.

I don't think Dodds will easily forget what's happened this year in a hurry.

The real irony is to remember how well he and Porter played in the same team.

And how their season's have contrasted.

Adam La Fondre is there atm as well and he is suppouse to be fairly highly rated as far as young League Two strikers go. Will be intresting to see how Dodds gets on with him if they play together.

I just hope he's kept himself in shape and won't take too long to regain his touch. The two together sound as if they'll be a potential handful for anyone at that level.

Adam La Fondre is there atm as well and he is suppouse to be fairly highly rated as far as young League Two strikers go. Will be intresting to see how Dodds gets on with him if they play together.

I'm astounded that Le Fondre has been loaned out by Stockport to another League Two side, I thought Le Fondre was meant to be highly rated. I saw him last season in a game on Sky and he looked very good. Didn't he score 5 in a match early in the season and their manager was raving about him? Strange. Perhaps it's an Adam Boyd scenario and he'll go back to Stockport and nail 30 in next season.

Hope Doddsy makes a name for himself and can secure either another contract here or at least get a contract with a league club next season. I am interested to see how his career pans out.

Fair points there lads...

Is it just Odihambo thats made the break through to the first team?

We have a good bunch of youth lads. As well as Louis Dodds, Sheehan and King, We have Ashley Chambers, who is a decent enough player...

We need to get the lads training with the first team, Get them on the bench for a few games, Introduce them slowly, and if they perform well then we have a bonus. I mean look what happened to Porter!

That's exactly what happens. It was funny he seemed to be well involved today, and quite effective, with the team apparently pushing up further.

Well when you have two strikers your wingers have to defend or you get fooked. Just common sense innit. Ofcourse wingers look bertter when the central midfield dominates but that aint gonna happen every game is it? :blink::dunno:

I've never seen Dodds or King play. I think 5 teenagers in the first team squad is quite a lot as it is.

Archived