Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Season tickets - no early season discounts next year

MM in today's Merc:

Q - do you foresee putting up the price of ST?

I need to look at ALL the finances. I have asked for information so I can compare how much other clubs charge nearby and how we fit in. I don't want to increase prices. But for example, I don't think we will be offering early season discounts.

I can see the logic in the early season discount going as I doubt he will have the same cash flow problem, but I've never understood this comparison with other clubs, after all it's not as if we are going to go Derby, Co, or Forest if it's cheaper. We aren't competing with them so should base our prices purely on our needs.

MM in today's Merc:

Q - do you foresee putting up the price of ST?

I can see the logic in the early season discount going as I doubt he will have the same cash flow problem, but I've never understood this comparison with other clubs, after all it's not as if we are going to go Derby, Co, or Forest if it's cheaper. We aren't competing with them so should base our prices purely on our needs.

True, but fans will get p****d off and make noise about it if our tickets are a substantial amount more than other clubs around us.

I dont see anything wrong with raising prices for season tickets as long as the increase is a reasonable percentage when it happens. I also think that they would have to look at the special bundle deals LCFC have been doing because some season ticket holders feel they dont get that good a deal when you work our the prices over the season anyway (with all these deals). Keep it fair MM!!

MM might have a look at the economics of season tickets from the point of view of his most likely audience.

My eldest son has his own Chartered Accountancy.

Last night, for the first time I have ever known him to be pessimistic, he said how concerned he was for the economic future of our country in no more than 10 years time.

He fears many young people will find it extremely difficult getting a foot on the property ladder, for instance, because while the much-maligned Mrs Thatcher gave working folk the means to buy their council houses and encouraged house ownership so parents could be self-secured and could eventually help their kids, this Godforsaken government now grabs just as much of that money as it unreasonably dare - while having the sheer hypocrisy to bypass their own taxation laws where Blair and his Cronies are concerned.

They are like arseholes from the Third World and MM might bear it in mind.

We want our support building up not pricing out.

Cos people in limousines won't create an atmosphere and you'll never see many of them at the Walkers until there's some glory to be gobbled. And those there are won't often be animated in the football supporter sense cos it's beneath their soddin dignity.

Football right now is overpriced. Leicester have done well with their pricing but for what they've served up these last few years I reckon the real fans are due a rebate not a kick in the wallet.

There's a balance to be found MM.

But times are getting very hard for young people and as I hear in my family on many occasions, wealth also goes with a duty of care and concern for the less privileged or those simply down on their luck.

I don't think it's an American concept at all, more's the pity, but it's a damned strong one in the UK.

MM might have a look at the economics of season tickets from the point of view of his most likely audience.

My eldest son has his own Chartered Accountancy.

Last night, for the first time I have ever known him to be pessimistic, he said how concerned he was for the economic future of our country in no more than 10 years time.

He fears many young people will find it extremely difficult getting a foot on the property ladder, for instance, because while the much-maligned Mrs Thatcher gave working folk the means to buy their council houses and encouraged house ownership so parents could be self-secured and could eventually help their kids, this Godforsaken government now grabs just as much of that money as it unreasonably dare - while having the sheer hypocrisy to bypass their own taxation laws where Blair and his Cronies are concerned.

They are like arseholes from the Third World and MM might bear it in mind.

We want our support building up not pricing out.

Cos people in limousines won't create an atmosphere and you'll never see many of them at the Walkers until there's some glory to be gobbled. And those there are won't often be animated in the football supporter sense cos it's beneath their soddin dignity.

Football right now is overpriced. Leicester have done well with their pricing but for what they've served up these last few years I reckon the real fans are due a rebate not a kick in the wallet.

There's a balance to be found MM.

But times are getting very hard for young people and as I hear in my family on many occasions, wealth also goes with a duty of care and concern for the less privileged or those simply down on their luck.

I don't think it's an American concept at all, more's the pity, but it's a damned strong one in the UK.

i totally agree about the government, but i don't think they're to blame for the price of season tickets.

I hope no-one is surprised by this. I did say when the takeover started that it would be the price we would have to pay.

We have one of the best season ticket deals in the division, so I'm sure MM will find some millage, as well as doing away with the early bird deals, to increase prices. I certainly won't mind paying extra if we get the success.

Well I certainly mind paynig more, on the basis that it's simply not value for money currently and IF the performances improve then maybe, just maybe it might be.

The bottom line is that the cost of football is otragiously over priced when you consider how much money there is in the game.

Any signicant increase, success or not will see two less ST being bought by this household. Someone somewhere has to make a stand.

Archived