Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Moan In

This club hasn't handled Wesolowski very well IMO. Ok, so the 2nd leg break wasn't forseen. But he was rushed back far too quickly for the seriousness of the break. The problem was that when he did come back, he was phenomenal and was asked to play a fair bit of football in a short space of time and that's how and when the 2nd break came.

Whether that has now ruined his career or will prevent him from fulfilling his ridiculous potential is hard to assess or predict.

This season has been a strange one. He has picked up lots of niggling injuries and without a reserve team, it's meant that the only way he could get back to full fitness was to hit the ground running in matches he was picked in. Wesolowski prides his game and being first to the tackle and closing the opposition down, something that isn't easy to do when recovering from 2 leg breaks and a lack of contineous match practice to gain the levels of fitness for him to reach the top of his game.

He's still shown signs of his ability, he was superb against Aston Villa for 120 minutes and up at Sunderland he ran the midfield for us against a strong team on an intimidating ground. He was very good at Fulham in the Cup replay when he came on for Tiatto was himself was having a very good game and was a tough act to follow.

I fear that the arrival of Mandaric and more resources to our disposal will mean less of a need to call on Wesolowski and he could stagnate here and that would be a travesty. Whether a season long loan next season would work out for both parties to a club in this league or League One. His contract expires in 2008, it was this time last year we were shitting ourselves that he could leave the club for nothing.

I hope he fulfills his potential here at City, naturally the best youngster i've seen in my time as a Leicester fan.

A decent pre-season and some regular reserve games c/w short sub appearance might do the trick.

I feel really sad about this, having warned after both leg breaks of the dangers in bringing him back before he's really ready.

Now, while you always live in hope, I hope it's not too late.

Patience is everything with broken legs. It is not just the physical aspects but the mental ones as well.

This is not being wise after the event because it was my stated feeling all along. Weso should never have featured in the first team until at least Christmas.

He should have rebuilt his strength, stamina and confidence on the training ground and with gradually longer periods in the friendly reserves games.

Given no setbacks then there might have been a case for short cameos in the first team in the second half of the season - and then as a substitute rather than a starter when some of the heat has gone out of the game and the main focus could have been gradually increasing the time spent on the pitch.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming anyone (apart from Balde) cos I'm sure everyone did everything with the best intentions, and I'm equally sure Weso would have been hussling to be involved being the perky lad he is.

But you don't always get lots of additional chances with broken legs and I feel really worried for Weso now especially given what Jonbluefox and Birstal Fox have said.

i remember Bryan Robson saying once that the reason he had so many injuries throughout his career was because he broke his leg twice as a youngster. it might be the case that Weso is plagued by injuries through his career too but he can still be a hell of a player in between.

Archived